Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094047 times)

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5280 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:20 pm »

Try turning off things like Steam and Skype if you aren't expecting to use it while you play.

EDIT: So I finally crossed the Ocean and found some dingoes. This happened

I'm not in a "horror" or "terrifying" plane and as far as I know, it's not a mutant or anything. Maybe I screwed something up in the RAWS but what the FUCK is an "eye tooth"?

So I just checked and either these dingoes are mutants or I somehow permanently screwed up the RAWs when I tried to give a Bronze Colossus teeth.

I had to quote your post to find the invisible image.

No need to worry, eye teeth are actual things. They're also called "canine teeth," and "canines."
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: April 12, 2013, 11:38:33 pm »

Hahaha, oh well it was funny while it lasted. Now does anyone remember the solution to finding invisible towers? I followed my little mini-map to three different towers and they're either missing or the "***" area doesn't have anything. I want to murder a necromancer for his slab.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:41:55 pm by Shalderave »
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: April 14, 2013, 03:15:12 am »

Hello!

Well, this is odd. After defeating the marsh titan, I continued to travel south, on my way taking out two goblin bandit camps. Now, I am in another town, seemingly of the neighboring human civ (as normal people of my home civ no longer would give me quests). Conveniently, while I am in the shops right next to a temple, they give me a quest to take out a goblin who resides in the catacombs. I climb down and am quickly next to a normal (non-master) goblin bowman. Desiring to make sure I don't attack any friendlies, I try to talk to him - and he answers! Quite cordial, he gives his name, at least the first name matching the one of the target (dialogue doesn't translate the last name and the quest description only gives the translated name). During conversation, he speaks about not being at home.

I am confused whether this is the supposed enemy (which then raises the question about friendliness and hostility) or whether this is just a coincidence of race and first name being the same for two characters...

Yours,
Deathworks

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: April 14, 2013, 09:21:53 am »

Hello!

Well, this is odd. After defeating the marsh titan, I continued to travel south, on my way taking out two goblin bandit camps. Now, I am in another town, seemingly of the neighboring human civ (as normal people of my home civ no longer would give me quests). Conveniently, while I am in the shops right next to a temple, they give me a quest to take out a goblin who resides in the catacombs. I climb down and am quickly next to a normal (non-master) goblin bowman. Desiring to make sure I don't attack any friendlies, I try to talk to him - and he answers! Quite cordial, he gives his name, at least the first name matching the one of the target (dialogue doesn't translate the last name and the quest description only gives the translated name). During conversation, he speaks about not being at home.

I am confused whether this is the supposed enemy (which then raises the question about friendliness and hostility) or whether this is just a coincidence of race and first name being the same for two characters...

Yours,
Deathworks
any one can be targeted as a kill quest if they so happen to anger the local civ. Though usually local civs are connected to each other and enraging one off will more likely anger all of them. good news recruit the gobbo and go on awesome adventures!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: April 15, 2013, 06:08:05 pm »

Needless to say.... help?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 06:10:59 pm by laularukyrumo »
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: April 15, 2013, 06:14:29 pm »

I'd suggest that you get the flying F's out of there. I understand that your character is not well-skilled or equipped, so you have no real chance of lopping off it's stinger.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: April 17, 2013, 07:05:09 am »

Restarted with wee willie winkie the adventurer since the other one had his legs torn off while his friends just watched, THEN killed the monster. I was gonna do that to them, but i didn't expect the same treatment. D:

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: April 17, 2013, 05:10:07 pm »

Been playing Deon's GENESIS Reborn mod, v5.20 I think... I had to correct some lines in the custom vampire blood curses to make them actually work when ingested... by the time I got it right, my steel dwarf demigod adventurer had only one working hand, and both his feet had wounds, one of them even motor nerve damage. I got a crouch fairly early, but still... it was hilarious to watch this cripple kill bandit after bandit in dungeons. Then as I got the ( v ), I retired, exported stuff with Legends mode, looked at it with Legends Viewer, and actually managed to locate not one but two towers, right next to each other, within walking distance. So I unretired, traveled to the southern tower, stalked in, recruited a local pyromancer, marveled at the army of fiery zombies, got reassured that even the pyromancers won't attack a fellow undead, then read through books until I learned their secrets.

Then discovered that pyromancers aren't fireproof, when a wolf pack ambushed us and my companion blasted it to the seven hells with dragonfire, then swiftly burned to death himself. And as I discovered, even the pyre zombies I could raise with my new power were prone to breathing fire... note to self: never ever conjure one of those again.

The second tower was also interesting- turns out, it was inhabited by druids and their plant minions. And since druids are ageless but very much living, they started shouting their names at me and blasting me with ice as soon as I was inside. Luckily, plant minions are undead (though how they don't attack the druids is beyond me), they just watched as me and a handful of druids were blasted across the room by clouds of steam and ice, oddly leaving me numb but otherwise unharmed. One of them even turned into a direwolf, though died to iron shortsword in the skull all the same, but gave me an idea. I just had to find a good book... yes, that'll do.

Lo and behold, after so many miles traveled with only two functioning limbs, my first transformation made my body whole again... not to mention the awesome stat boosts from custom campirism and secrets. Life is good  :)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Major Monocle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: April 18, 2013, 05:11:51 pm »

Currently I'm recruiting random peasants since i'm legendary among them and leading them to their doom. For some reason i have terrible luck against hammermen though...

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: April 19, 2013, 10:08:37 am »

I genned up an awesome new world, this one High Savagery, and while browsing through Legends to get a feel for it I realized that it is literally the coolest world I've yet seen. It's probably because I slightly modded the game so elves, dwarves, and goblins all build forts.

There's this human civilization called the Nation of Steel. It was founded by a hero named Akir Bedsprayed, who wet the bed in a time before time before wandering out of the West with the first of the First Men. He helped found the city of Wardsuns, then was made law-giver on a wave of popular support. The land prospered under his rule, as many cities and towns were built that yet stand today, but inevitably a tortoise demon posing as a god had him exiled and took his place. After he was exiled Akir wandered the wilds, dueled with the most badass Bronze Colossus in the world, and after a few years died of old age.

The organizations inside the Nation of Steel (sub-entities?) all have cool names. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but the two that come to mind had "Defense" and "Lances" in their names. And all the cities they built had cool names.

And then that tortoise demon took over and turned the Nation of Steel into an evil empire. He created the position of War Leader and gave it to a powerful Necromancer. Not long after the position of General was created and a badass human named Ur installed himself in that position. Together they put together an army thousands strong and conquered half the known world, brutalized a barbaric nation of frosty badass goblins called The North Terrors, and wiped out all but a handful of the elves on the continent. In the end, a coalition of men, dwarves, a single elf, and goblins banded together to make a last stand against the Nation. They numbered less than nine hundred and fought a force of over two thousand. The elf managed to kill General Ur, but by the time the dust settled that elf wasn't among the sixty remaining Defenders.

The General that replaced Ur was an even bigger and scarier badass. Naturally I created a character for the explicit purpose of bringing down this new General, the Necromancer War Leader, and the Demon Law-Giver.

The first city I entered turned out not to be Wardsuns, and as soon as I left the Travel map everybody in the market started converging on me...

^^^taken AFTER the slaughter began

I killed 280+ people including a noble lady, but none of my intended targets. Merchants, farmers, dwarf civilians, a few tough-as-nails soldiers, all fell before the might of my bronze longsword. The entrance to the city's central fort was piled high with the dead. The courtyard was carpeted with yet more corpses, broken arrows, and ankle deep blood. Early on I got myself cornered, but I managed to set myself to "Charge" and break free. Both of my feet were still maimed so I could only crawl, but it was too late - my character had become so skilled at dodging that even on his stomach he was untouchable. I wanted to rename him "Snake."

That was the first wave. After a while the townspeople fled out the gates. I thought that would be the end of it, but then I dragged myself back out into the courtyard... and those who had fled all got their courage back. Again and again, pushing me back into the courtyard each time.

Each wave that came left more and more dead, until finally my character was so skilled and the townspeople so few in number I just waded (or crawled, more like) out into the market and painted everything red. I put the whole town to the sword. Every man, every woman, every child, every pet. I stopped even paying attention to the combat feeds and started just spamming the arrow keys until everything around me drowned in blood.

When the last of the wounded were made silent my character became hungry, so he ate his first meal.

He was thirsty, so he slaked his thirst with the blood of the still-warm dead.

He was tired, so he crawled out into the wilderness and gave in to starvation.

A fitting end for a crippled adventurer, I think. I still have no idea why the townsfolk attacked me... but at least my adventurer can finally get some sleep. Forever.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: April 19, 2013, 01:16:35 pm »

Truly your world is blessed by madness, baptized in war, and birthed by Armok's many maidens.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: April 19, 2013, 03:36:44 pm »

What sprite pack is that; what were the modifications you made so they can be copied; and you have to play fortress mode now so that shit gets engraved into something.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: April 20, 2013, 04:09:55 am »

Am currently hoping that my vampire adventurer will ever find a curious underground scructure. Do those even spawn with 0 random, but some custom demons?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5293 on: April 20, 2013, 11:04:13 am »

Truly your world is blessed by madness, baptized in war, and birthed by Armok's many maidens.

It's a hell of a world.

What sprite pack is that; what were the modifications you made so they can be copied; and you have to play fortress mode now so that shit gets engraved into something.

I suck so bad at fortress mode. My forts wouldn't survive long enough for anybody to make anything.

Also, I use Phoebus. It came with the Lazy Newb Pack. Ironhand honestly looks better, though.

EDIT: and the only modification I made was adding [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS] though I added an unnecessary "[" to the beginning of that tag for the Dwarves. So I don't know if they have outdoor fortifications like everybody else.

EDITEDIT: I also forgot to mention that there was a human head on the wall above the gates after the fight ended. It came from one of the guys I decapitated halfway through the epic battle... I guess his head went straight up four z-levels when it sailed off?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:13:52 am by WisdomThumbs »
- -- -
I draw things

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5294 on: April 20, 2013, 09:28:25 pm »

That's not the phoebus I have, mine looks like shit. Maybe I should redownload it.
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1104