Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093974 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5250 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:21 am »

You can circumvent it by talking to every soldier in the keep, then reloading the area. If you reload without hiring any of them, they will all still be there and new replacements will be generated which are not clones.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xaioxaiofan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: April 03, 2013, 03:10:44 am »

Purposely got thralled to become the ultimate god of destruction (and evenness of nets), getting simple kills by choking somebody till they pass out then punching them in the head.. I recently decided to go after the necromancer tower and kill the former human queen and her 15 necromancer students with an army of risen undead... The only problem is that, well, The tower is across the ocean. Time for a few hours of swimming!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:24:46 am by Xaioxaiofan »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: April 03, 2013, 03:19:32 am »

I've just made a powerful knife wielding adventurer, and now I'm traveling from fortress to fortress trying to find warriors to test myself against. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: April 03, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »

More OP throwing action.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

tmassey315

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: April 05, 2013, 09:24:24 am »

After having my other DF save stop working, decided to use masterwork and fastdwarf on DF Hack. I wanted to build a killer fortress, but not worry about time (or at least get the fortress up to speed). First time I've drawn out my fortress; recently from the top down sculpted out 50 three story houses. I channeled out each level, smoothing and engraving the roof, sides of the building, etc. inside and outside. Hollowed out the inside, and ended up with every dwarf, or dwarf family, with three stores, 3 x 2, with gold beds, chests, cabinets, tables, thrones, armorstand, weapon rack, etc. Basically my least favorable room is "Grand". Only have 11 dwarfs so far, and only able to find copper and gold, so have NOT been able to make an anvil. Turned off fastdwarf waiting for a caravan... In the meantime, because of my amazing living quarters, my wealth level is extremely high, I expect to be attacked at any time. Cannot build up an army yet (alas, no anvil), so am going to try to make up for it by marksdwarfs and glass weapon traps.... luckily built that 20 hex magma bridge trap at the front entrance and have a few war dogs at the front to warn me...

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: April 05, 2013, 10:01:48 am »

I made an adventurer who was a vampire with nearly 400 kills. Most of them were with an ornate copper puzzlebox.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: April 05, 2013, 08:09:19 pm »

I've just gotten a human adventurer wrestler who is "Large for a human".  Now I'm going to pretend I'm Andre the Giant's character from Princess Bride.

I wish I knew how to tweak the game settings so that I could give my human adventurers gigantism more often. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: April 06, 2013, 05:26:05 am »

My first succesfull adventurer!

I didn't ever grind, because I considered that cheating. Silly me. After fighting 2 weasels, I was strong enough to stop a rhino with one hand.
Also, I hold a copper long sword, 5 shields and a crutch in both hands. And I don't think that dual wielding gives you any better performance in combat, but maybe that is because I never use auto attacks...
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: April 06, 2013, 02:56:46 pm »

I felt bad after savescumming my vampire adventurer badass, so I decided to just make him go out in a blaze of glory slaughtering a bunch of peasants until he died. When I started he was only a novice axe user (I was previously a grandmaster knife user, but I lost my knife in a fight and never recovered it), an accomplished dodger and a professional armor user. Now he's a Master Axe user, Master dodger and Grandmaster Armor user (I got caught in a horde of about 90 small animals who trained that right quick)

Needless to say, 400 kills later I'm not dead, or even injured for that matter, despite slaughtering a whole town of peasants and the local garrison and lord.

I take it as a sign my adventure should continue.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: April 07, 2013, 07:26:20 am »

To train myself up, I do sth like this: Kill everyone->Fast travel->Kill Everyone and so on.
In spare time I torture kobolds by sneaking then inflicting as much damage as I can without causing bleeding >:D.

Edit: Typo.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: April 07, 2013, 02:02:51 pm »

I now have well over 1,000 notable kills. However, my character is an unfortunately ticking timebomb. He has a smashed nail, and since it doesnt heal it's only a matter of time before infection sets in and I die.

Also, nothing even presents a challenge any more when you're a legendary +25 fighter. I can solo entire towns and whole bandit camps with no wounds. Bogeymen cannot even scratch me. titans and other beasts present a small initial challenge before I easily dispatch them, and that's only if they breath fire. I need to find a good dragon. Or hell. Or at least a demon law-giver, but I don't know where the capital for my current place is and I can't ask because everyone wants to kill me.
Give a donation.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5261 on: April 08, 2013, 06:26:58 am »

I don't think infections on broken fingers and toes are lethal anymore. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5262 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:48 am »

Kubuk Sholidkilrud, slayer of the minotaur, carries the corpse of his wife to her final resting place.  The town is forever in his debt, but what is there left to live for?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: oops, wrong forum
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:58:34 pm by Hamsmagoo »

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: April 08, 2013, 03:19:17 pm »

I got bored of having only one fort that was friendly towards me and thus one noble to give me quests, making travel times enormous. I had already cleared out all the local bandits and night creatures, meaning peasants only gave me quests for dungeon bandits, sewer quests (which I can never finish because I can never find the thing I'm supposed to kill), and powerful night creatures. I never got an adventurer past one or two quests, and the one I did lost the nerves in his left arm, and I figured I might as well just retire him before he got even more damaged.

As a result, I genned a new world, and immediately found the capital of the civ with a diety demon. My new quest in this world is to become powerful enough to slay the diety. Unfortunately there are only two human civs in the entire world, so I'll only be able to get quests from half the population once that happens. No matter. It is worth it.
Give a donation.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: April 11, 2013, 01:28:31 pm »

currently going through a megaproject of making the meal made of legends here what I have so far.

using Advfort to craft a kitchen to prepare the meals and turning the food into containers to shove more food in them. I have no idea what to do with these bones.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 1104