Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093830 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5160 on: March 12, 2013, 06:41:29 am »

2146 speed elf charges at Gun slinger: gun slinger does not even care for A fight: he just blasts me away with his hand cannon right before I go into melee range

He hit my torso and it flew in A ark.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: March 13, 2013, 12:54:35 pm »

Human swordsman in a small world made of two human civs, one next to an elf civ in the north. Dunno how many goblin civs but I haven't had much trouble from them. I'm playing in the southern human lands. They have seen better days. All the fortresses are abandoned, and there are few towns after over 500 years. Still, my adventurer lives a relatively easy life. He travels with a hammer woman, killing were-men and the occasional vampire. There doesn't seem to be much else to do down here, so he may just retire.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: March 13, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »

In recent adventures, I wandered out to a lair I'd been told about and found it inhabited by at least 10 Vile Horrors. They are a great humanoid covered in long, clear feathers, with a stubby little tail.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: March 15, 2013, 03:35:24 pm »

In my most recent adventurer, I killed a human Lady for being a vampire, since one of the people in the empire had pointed me in her direction when I asked how I could be of service. Now, the entire civ has a bone to pick with me, and I'm currently playing hit & run against a giant mob of civilians that simply aren't letting up. On the bright side, my speardwarf profficiency is up to master, my throwing is 'competent', and my expert shield user/proficient dodger combo has so far kept me from getting too hurt, though my first finger (left hand) was apparantly smashed open at some point.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:41:00 pm by Orky_Boss »
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: March 15, 2013, 09:58:42 pm »

I have a question, why do you seem to lose speed as a vampire as you fight and wrestle?  Is it a bug?  How do I reverse it or prevent it from happening.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: March 15, 2013, 11:26:58 pm »

It is a kind of bug; Your speed is affected by your body mass; as you become more massive relative to your agility attribute, your speed will drop. The thing is, the strength attribute is directly related to the thickness of muscle tissue in your body. As your strength attribute increases, your mass also increases. Wrestling trains strength, as do many other skills. Vampirism, however takes it a step further; it instantaneously tripples(if I recall) your physical attributes, including agility, but also including strength. Which means you gain a LOT of weight REALLY FAST. So you can't propel yourself quite as fast.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: March 15, 2013, 11:27:57 pm »

Does it eventually stop?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: March 15, 2013, 11:34:11 pm »

Yes; if you're a vampire, your attributes will cease to be modified. You can't gain or lose strength, agility, toughness, or endurance points, which is why it's suggested that you max out your attributes before becoming a vampire, as that way you get the highest possible values. Additionally, for non-vampires, there is a normal attribute cap. This cap is "200% of its starting value (or the average value + your starting value if that is higher)" You can raise this cap through modding, but I dont know if it takes effect on pre-made characters.
I make Spellcrafts!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: March 15, 2013, 11:51:33 pm »

So why would my vamp character's speed constantly decrease?  I suppose it would decrease once you fully transform, but that should be the end, but I've seen in past characters their speed drop so much just because I kept training them in wrestling. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:10 am »

I'm not sure why a vampire's speed would continue to decrease. Maybe if you're picking up way too much loot. The solution to that is of course to drop stuff, so I doubt that's your problem...Maybe you're gaining fat? :-X

Non-vampire characters could potentially have a long route to 200% of their original attributes. Say, you desired superhuman strength as a starting characteristic, and the game assigned you the penultimate lucky 2000. Then, you'd have to reach 4000 in order to max out your strength. You'd probably also start losing speed early.
I make Spellcrafts!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:43 am »

I've reached superhuman strength and speed from a Hero character multiple times, I don't think I've lost speed, at least, not as much as I did when I played vampire. 

Oh well.  I'm wondering if it would be possible to test this in arena mode. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: March 16, 2013, 05:39:22 pm »

Using Fast Travel Insta-Heal I managed to remove a bandits arms, legs, tongue, guts, ears, nose, and eyes. I have dubbed him stumpy. Last time I checked he was lying on a pile of his own body parts surrounded by his dead friends and a swarm of Emus.

TheSill6

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: March 16, 2013, 07:02:41 pm »

I play as a son of a bitch, third generation ,schooled in the art of the human strangulation.

Simply said...i strangle sleeping peasants and then drink their blood...

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: March 17, 2013, 03:11:07 am »

Hello everyone!

(I have not had that much time to spare lately, so I am glad to do at least a little adventuring now.)

My adventures have been rather nonspectacular thus far, my human peasants meeting something they shouldn't meet rather early on... Only one was at least a bit better than just "The giraffe kicks you in the head".

I was travelling overland, still in light armor and practising sneaking. On a small hill, I came across a small river, maybe 5 tiles across. On the other side, a group of rhinoceri was grazing. Of course, I had no intention to get involved with them, given that I only had cloth armor, but I figured I could sneak past them. So, into the river I went - and down a waterfall. I had seen that there was a waterfall a few tiles south, but I had figured it wouldn't have so strong a tug in so small a river. I was wrong, it seemed.

Next thing I know, I am swimming at the bottom of the waterfall, surrounded by a group of milkfish. One of them was nibbling at my throat, but they were not doing any real harm yet. Still, I saw that there was no way to climb out of the water. Since I didn't know where the next possible exit was, and also didn't know what else might be in the water, I left the milkfish alone and swam downriver. Fortunately, the fish agreed that it was the best thing to do.

Swimming along for a while, I see some white 'H' ahead. Hippos! Fortunately, they saw me from miles away and decided to flee. While I was an okay swimmer, fighting a hippo in the water sounded like a bad idea (a later adventurer also showed me that fighting a hippo on solid ground was just as bad an idea), so I was grateful for that break. And even more grateful when I finally saw the ramps ahead.

My joy came to an abrupt end when I saw the green 'A' in the water. Alligators! I swam as quickly as possible for the shore, the alligators coming from downstream. I reach the shore, pull myself onto the solid ground and walk away from the water. With a splash, my hopes are destroyed as the lizards rush out of the water. I run, but they gain on me. One of them bites into my leg, causing me to fall. As I struggle, it catches my hand, mauling it badly. And then, it grips my head with its teeth ......

The death of this adventurer has not been avenged yet, but one day, I will get back to that alligator.

Yours,
Deathworks

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: March 17, 2013, 03:53:09 pm »

Masterwork is too hard for adv-mode, especially for a peasant outsiders. I die repeteadly.

After losing ability to grasp and stand, I bited a snap turtle to death.
Just to get ambushed by crocs, losing every single limb, and then bleeding out.

My next peasant got his pitchfork stolen by a lionman, then got stabbed to death with it.

Genesis is much better for advmode. Worse for fort stuff. But I suck at fort, never even managed to smelt anything. I just do gem setting stuff, carve bone crafts, and make my farmer-militia to strangle boars and caravans.
All farmers usually die or get raped and throw tantrum while recovering in bed.

BTW Deathworks, you playing vanilla or modded?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:58:59 pm by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1104