Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093779 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5145 on: February 19, 2013, 06:40:48 pm »

Okay tried my hand with masterworks and the unreleased dfhack(r3) kinda started an Orc fort then swap over to an Ork miner, forgot to assign the Greenskin as an adventurer and end up in the body of a Dark Sprite, who I named 'Dark love'. She wasn't a proper adventurer either so she to do something about that.
So Dark talk to her group(she started next to a band of 6 Dark Sprites) and found one willing to join her, nicknamed Suzi. Suzi was mark down in history as a person 'willingly wanted to go on an adventure' which allow Dark Love to have access to an adventurer's rest, and travel safety, let alone companion order(and none of that horrible quantum leap shenanigans ).
Dark Love and Suzi plotted what to do next and decided on getting out of the dark mossy surroundings and see what's above their heads.
Than First hurdle was found, Dark Love had no means of acquiring the tool needed to dig through the sky, and she has no access to pebbles to craft a one. I found out I'm pretty much playing a vanilla masterwork mod with out my adventure mode reactions(which gives a pick). Suzi finished recruiting the rest of the Sisters while Love wanders around the caverns thinking up ways to craft something to help her achieve her goals. about 1 hour of thinking Dark love spotted a gremlin, weird fellow who notice 'ya been setting up a party to visit the surface. I Want in' gremlin went off and came back with a bone shovel. Dark love face flare up as she swipe the shovel out of the Gremlin's hands. shoveling out bits of mossy dirt from the ground, getting a good practice in before finally breaching the hard sky above them.
Clunk, tink tink Clunk The shovel stop dead unable to push any harder through the dirt, the bone shovel can't dig through solid rock.

defeated the party went around looking for anything ANYTHING that could replace the bone weak shovel sadly to no avail. by this time Dark Love kinda given up on digging defeated even more she vainly smack her shovel on a wall... which broke down, Masterworks has prebuilt brick walls that are lost to time, which are about as soft as soil. The Love didn't waste any time and use that bone shovel to dig a up/down stairwell up through layers of brick and dirt lost from time. at last she made it she finally got to see the sun and the blue sky for the first time.

then some tame horses ran towards us and lost a couple sisters in the retreat. Dark love, Suzi, 3 sisters and a gremlin are now wondering the topsoil exploring a new world.

I swear there is a thread like this for fort mode.
yeah though that was all done in adventure mode, I should have noted the gremlin trick 2 cave bears into killing each other so that Dark love could butcher their bodies... with a butchershop made from no materials due to lack of sharp anything and used a some workshop to craft a bone shovel of somewhat decent quality. but currently the group ended up taking a quest to kill some night creatures...
they decided not to horribly through their frail lives to the slaughter and left to form a camp.
currently now playing a lifegaurd dwarf using cheat engine to max out all stats to legendary Dfhack to give me 56666 the points for dumping them into my attributes and skills which lead to my dwarf to have max out stats in attributes but only max out stats in combat. which means my dwarf can't craft or farm or mine a dang but can read books at legendary speed, also knap stuff. hopefully going to play the next masterworks adventure out where I don't get into combat so that my legendary stats are useless.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: February 20, 2013, 02:58:49 pm »

Completely flubbed the second half of my second dragon-killer quest. Y'see, first half is 'kill the dragon'. Second half is 'secure some food for further travels'. Well, i was drowsy when i arrived and killed the dragon on the ramp out of the lair, so also butchered her in that spot. Then i grabbed a midnight snack and took some shuteye. Well, _of course_ all meat was gone the time i woke up. Great job. Playing a more hippy elf, this char is opposed to needless killing of animals(*), so i took my four or five units of food and hoofed it in a south-westerly direction, just hoping there'd be a settlement there somewhere before i needed to slaughter wildlife for sustenance. It worked, i was deep in the yellow when i found a hamlet and grabbed some berries.
(*) really only animals - i camped near an abandoned dwarven fort a while and killed four animals for food there, then later had a long cross-country trek which required another two kills. At the same time i have sixty-nine notable kills and thirty-four bogeymen.

Next thing, i asked around after the local vampires. One was 'in the nearby keep'. Went to the town and the moment i enter the courtyard, a flashy human walks my way - the lawgiver. Very considerate vampire, that one, to try and save me the walking. I asked him for a quest before killing him, of course.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:47 pm »

Had my modded snake man adventurer camping out in the desert beside a river fighting off giant scorps ended up being pushed into a river as it froze over
DAMN NATURE YOU SCARY!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: February 22, 2013, 01:24:34 am »

Oh, I wanna play adventure mode again, but I can't get DF to work on my Mac.  Any tips? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tarqiup Inua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: February 25, 2013, 11:27:54 am »

Oh, I wanna play adventure mode again, but I can't get DF to work on my Mac.  Any tips?
Download the Mac version of it? You aren't trying to run the windows version on Mac, are you...
Nuri al-Gnat - dwarven apidologist
notable works: al-Gnat's test (for determining the child snatcher's ability to pass undetected while getting stung by bees... or at least look human while at it)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: February 25, 2013, 03:22:06 pm »

Okay so started the fallout mod and created a vault dweller that fresh out of the holes. first thing he did was dismantle a door and wield it in his right hand, replacing the hacksaw. so far a door is deadlier than any item seeing how it crushes animals with ease. haven't got a chance to test it on someone bigger though... oh and he crafted a Chalk Ripper from a chalk knife he knapped some copper wire and a charged battery. currently has 3 pets one glowing lizard, and twin puppies from a mother he killed for some super mutants.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dishwater

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: February 25, 2013, 04:21:10 pm »

Seems my adventure came to a quick stop as I got gutted in two turns by a scimitar

I accidentally picked up a lead cage somehow that I suspect caused my death

Well something like this was bound to happen as I started as a peasent with points spent only in those useless mental skills and some points in reading

well I wanted a challenge and got one at least I died with a cool name "Daggerdevil angryancient the death-noose of suicide"

better luck next time I guess

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: February 26, 2013, 06:57:17 pm »

Well, metal cages are sort of heavy. I think you can expect getting slowed down to about 200 (vs. 1000 average-ish speed), so that might have helped.

My third dragonslaying quest went off without a hitch. The lair was in evil lands and i was a bit apprehensive, but the only thing it did before i found the entrance was re-animate the object i'd been carting around to exercise my right to bear arms. Didn't bother to re-deanimate and pick it up. I hope it lives a happy and fulfilled unlife in that stupid desert. The dragon was easily killed and quickly butchered, and i actually slept the night away in the lair. It was pure dumb luck i was out of attention range and didn't get disturbed during my sleep: in the next morning i had a very extended sparring session with the dragon's reanimated scale. It was much more durable than the actual dragon, but i managed to knock it down eventually, and then quickly left lest all the dragon scale pieces would reanimate for a third round. Adamantine picks are very effective against living targets, but they tend to cause a bit of a mess.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: February 26, 2013, 08:28:51 pm »

My poor adventurer was eaten alive by sea wyrms.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ice-Man

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: March 01, 2013, 05:27:59 am »

So after a few failed attempts ending quickly in FUN I've decided to generate new world and go into adventure.

I've landed far south, in frozen lands. My first task was to slay a vampire in nearby house. After discovering him and fighting some time in town he decided to run away into mountains, but he left a blood trail everywhere he went. Chucking clay at him didn't do any good, so I decided to go all out on him and end his miserable existence taking his hands with me.

Next quest was to slay some evil man not far from village. On my way I've stopped in nearby fortress and recruited 4 companions also got extra shield and some copper greaves and gauntlets. Not much of an upgrade but will do. On our way to quest site we've been ambushed by goblins. Lots of them! Hell I say, gonna make a run for it. After few steps my whole squad was no more. All goblins targeted me. And I must say I had like 600 speed, so running away now wasn't an option. So I decided to use tactics and rely on counteratacks. Running away from fight I've landed few good hits slowing down that filthy bunch.

Unluckly for me I got hit in that fight. Once in entire goblin encounter I've been hit once. By a spear. To the foot. Shattering my ankle and my foot, rendering me unable to stand. Now with a speed of 300 I had to crawl away from the rest of goblins still standing. Some lucky shots later I stood there victorious. But I wasn't done. The rest of them had to pay for what they did to me. I've searched for the rest of the goblin party and slaughtered them one by one, cutting their legs and hands from their body with my trusty scimitar.

After that fight I've returned to fortress to recruit some new companions and head to the city to buy some crutches. In my anger I've murdered another vampire, a law-giver, on the eyes of some kid. So here I am now, with left leg useless, 4 companions, in the middle of the town looking around all shops to buy some crutches.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: March 01, 2013, 09:11:37 am »

From what I've played in 'Friendship is Magma' It is hard in adventure mode. I found this out yesterday when I was a Chimera Pony(Draconic with two magical horns) and was attacked immediatly by the town I started it... I was murderized by them... after taking all but one down by myself

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: March 08, 2013, 06:19:31 pm »

I totally have to write this down here.

I finally achieved glory with a peasant adventurer! I always tried with demigods but after a time I was bored and started out with a human outsider peasant! His copper dagger and his bare fists were his initial weapons of choice and luckily his first three quests were to kill werecreatures. No sign of a full moon, though so I could slaughter those poor doomed peasants one after another. The villigars knew my name and soon my first companions joined my adventure. I picked up some armour in a fortress and there I also found an iron pick! I said good bye to my trusty copper dagger and hello to limb severing iron pick. After clearing the first dungeon, I already had a proficient miner skill. I did many many quests and then I asked a lord for something more challenging. An adventurer who started out as a naked peasant was going to slay a mega beast! - no... unfortunaltey not! But there was a serious evil outlaw underneath the lord's fortress and he had to pay for his evil deeds... In that dungeon I lost my iron pick ._. furtunately I found a +copper pick+ in the same fortress. I asked the lord for another tasked and again I should kill an outlaw but this time, my leg's nerves got injured and I had to crawl my way out of the dungeon but still succesful. I heard the tale of werebeast transformation. This could have helped me. I bought a crutch and trained walking with it. But then it happened... I accidentally drank old vampire's blood that remained for several days on my buckler shield. My attributes were still pretty low and during an ambush I lost my whole leg... what a pity!I even got offered another quest to kill a werecreature! I planned on spending day and night in front of his lair in order to get bitten by the actual beast but then I realised that my vampirism makes me immune to beat form ._. I don't like playing as a vampire that had in fact more potential (the low stats :()but it was fun seeing my peasant climbing up the ladder of succes. I will try it again when the next update will be released.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:27:46 pm by Crabs »
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #5157 on: March 11, 2013, 02:41:25 pm »

My war elephant adventure ((modded) is throwing dark strangler corpse's at Dwarfs...Heh Heh...

Fell down A two Urist deep hole: cant get out...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 03:05:11 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: March 11, 2013, 06:21:24 pm »

So after a few failed attempts ending quickly in FUN I've decided to generate new world and go into adventure.

I've landed far south, in frozen lands. My first task was to slay a vampire in nearby house. After discovering him and fighting some time in town he decided to run away into mountains, but he left a blood trail everywhere he went. Chucking clay at him didn't do any good, so I decided to go all out on him and end his miserable existence taking his hands with me.

Next quest was to slay some evil man not far from village. On my way I've stopped in nearby fortress and recruited 4 companions also got extra shield and some copper greaves and gauntlets. Not much of an upgrade but will do. On our way to quest site we've been ambushed by goblins. Lots of them! Hell I say, gonna make a run for it. After few steps my whole squad was no more. All goblins targeted me. And I must say I had like 600 speed, so running away now wasn't an option. So I decided to use tactics and rely on counteratacks. Running away from fight I've landed few good hits slowing down that filthy bunch.

Unluckly for me I got hit in that fight. Once in entire goblin encounter I've been hit once. By a spear. To the foot. Shattering my ankle and my foot, rendering me unable to stand. Now with a speed of 300 I had to crawl away from the rest of goblins still standing. Some lucky shots later I stood there victorious. But I wasn't done. The rest of them had to pay for what they did to me. I've searched for the rest of the goblin party and slaughtered them one by one, cutting their legs and hands from their body with my trusty scimitar.

After that fight I've returned to fortress to recruit some new companions and head to the city to buy some crutches. In my anger I've murdered another vampire, a law-giver, on the eyes of some kid. So here I am now, with left leg useless, 4 companions, in the middle of the town looking around all shops to buy some crutches.

Keeps and Castles tend to have crutches and splints. You won't find much else besides crafts, food, and leather in city shops at this point.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

TackyWacky

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Class-5 Fun'nados for everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:37 pm »

Being fairly new to the game. (about 6-7 Days) And after Starting a New World (again), Grinding, Recruiting, Wiki Checking/Rechecking, Grinding some more and general killing and cutting or breaking limbs (sometimes both). I was pretty exited when i got my first Titan kill (By cutting off its head with my iorn axe!). Then realizing i could pick his head up even though it weighed about 1000Γ. I decided to lug the head all the way to the town that i called my Home/Base which was a couple days away from the lair. Now the head could easily make me 99 speed no matter what i dropped and it took me two/three day's to get to the Lair from my base even when i wasn't weighed down with loot. I thought (screw it) said "Let's have some Fun" and i was off with my injured and terrified "Companions". To cut one very very VERY long story short all my "Companion's" died to a 15-20 goblin raid in the first couple hours of travel and i was left all alone. So then for three days sneaking/wresling/fighting/throwing my various weapons (Including the Titan Head itself) against kobolds/goblins/boogiemen. And making wrong turns/being regular me in Dwarf Fortress (Adventure Mode). I ventured closer and closer to home and (somehow) through sheer force of Will, Luck, Strength and the many sharp/blunt implements i carried i made it back to the town half dead/asleep/staving/thirsty.etc And "Borrowed" a Temple for use as a Pyramid/Tomb for me and my best "Companion's" (In which the Titan's Head is now a main exibit). And after a couple days off recovering i am now going to go slay my second Titan up in the Northwest. Moral of the Story? Wiki's are helpful and DF is Awesome. (As if we didn't know that already).
The Spearman punches The Ostrich Cock in the head with his right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the skull!
The Ostrich Cock has bled to death. (gamelog.txt)
...I love Dwarf Fortress...
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1104