Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093088 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4890 on: November 17, 2012, 12:12:29 am »

See? You called that crippled?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

MystRunner

• Bay Watcher
  • Idiots Roam Free! Beware all ye who enter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: November 17, 2012, 12:20:30 am »

I'm busy killing a towns stray livestock for exp. Lets see how long this lasts XD. Though I wonder if it will make the villagers pissed off with me?
I don't know what is more impressive, that dwarves can skip salting and curing meat opting for zombiefication, or that the dark art of necromancy has been twisted to the cause of curing meats.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature Simulator.

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: November 17, 2012, 12:28:16 am »

See? You called that crippled?
Guess I under estimated my injured Cave swallow man...I tend to do that.
Unf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: November 17, 2012, 03:16:11 am »

Well, at least you didn't retire a perfectly healthy, heavily armed/armored and well-skilled vampiric necromancer. She's an elemental mage, too, if I recall, which is very ‼bad‼ for the health of others.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: November 17, 2012, 03:31:22 am »

Well, at least you didn't retire a perfectly healthy, heavily armed/armored and well-skilled vampiric necromancer. She's an elemental mage, too, if I recall, which is very ‼bad‼ for the health of others.

Guh. I know the feeling. I had an elf open a door once... Goblin Elemental Mage Lasher. Lightning. Instant death. They're worse than archers.
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: November 17, 2012, 05:30:06 am »

So I reached the Hamlets and successfully jump this Gap.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tobul hawk Pro-Karter
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: November 17, 2012, 12:13:58 pm »

I love minecarts in adventurer mode so much. I found one at a bronze colossus shrine, and thoroughly enjoyed myself until I ran into a wall and broke my skull.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: November 17, 2012, 02:05:25 pm »

So I'm out adventuring on my own, sleeping on the ocean beach to avoid bogeymen... and suddenly awake in the middle of the night. I try to go back to sleep, but don't feel safe enough.

Then this happens.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: November 17, 2012, 03:25:01 pm »

Exploring the world as an elf bowman and suddenly. this.

Unf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: November 17, 2012, 05:08:51 pm »

They'll be looking for revenge after that :P

My adventures as a bowman have been going smoothly; I have a skilled swordsman and an unskilled bowman-turned-swordsman to do my dirty work while I cover them at range. Being a shaman makes me even better in tis support role, as I've blessed them all as heavily as possible and can curse their enemies at my discretion. If an opponent is too skilled, curse their luck. If a megabeast is absorbing too much damage without keeling over, toss 'em a curse of fragility.

Haven't actually encountered a megabeast, yet. Still hunting bandits for the local dwarf civ I'll be retiring in.

Well, after several more successes (excluding the death of that swordsman; rest in peace Onul) I retired that adventurer and began a new one.

Which ended badly, as he died horribly with his guts all over the floor.

So I began yet another, which is going alright; I found no jobs in the area I spawned in and began travelling north, where I found a lair. Inhabited by a cyclops. It spotted me as soon as I entered the lair, and I panicked and began running. Which wouldn't have worked, because he could outrun me. So, after a brief struggle on the surfaces that resulted in no injuries for me, one of my counterattacks apparently hit him square in the nuts. He stumbled away a few tiles and promptly passed out from pain, so I caved his skull in and slept in his house. After arriving at my destination, I report his death and am immediately recognized as a great hero. All for stabbing a big guy in the nuts.

I've been asked to aim for the capitol and take quests for the lord there. Hopefully I make it alive.

Edit;

So far so terrible. I stopped at a dwarven fortress along the way and recruited 3 soldiers. All three of them died on their second river crossing, not because they couldn't swim (they all could) but because 2 were eaten by alligators and the other by a hippo. I butchered the hippo (who was unconscious) and made a thong of it's skin to commemorate that dwarf's sacrifice to the cause of the extinction of water-dwelling organisms.

Then I travelled onwards, to find a gobln fortress along my route. I stopped in to say hi, and found they were willing to be pals, so I recruited a lasher. I then accidentally stepped on his toe or something and he attacked me. It was a long-ass fight, with niether of us making any headway until I put a spear in his hand, causing him to drop his whip. At that point I was less cautious and berserked him, eventually gaining the upper hand and causing many wounds, which led to his bleeding to death. Now I'm standing in the keep at sunset, and pissed off the only people who could concievably allow me to sleep with them. Thankfully the yard is empty, but I give it a 90% chance they attack me as I sleep out in the bushes.

Think I'll butcher their leader while I'm here, though.

[edit]

The lady went down without any significant resistance. I made a break for it, and met no resistance on te way out, and my time sleeping was uneventful.

[edit]

After a horrible minecart accident in the desert (I found a steel minecart to haul all my loot and thought it'd be a bright idea to ride it across the "flat" desert) I learn that that sandstorm interaction I put in actually did work, and I'm about to be engulfed in a wall of sand. This sand actualy has a syndrome attached, which causes pain and blistering I believe. I'll probably be unconscious for quite a while.

[edit]

So the sandstorm didn't actually cause any further problems, but later on in my minecart-related travels I suffocated after a collision with a wall...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 08:52:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Wulven

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: November 18, 2012, 01:15:05 pm »

This was my first Kobold Ambush.

hamburgerfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: November 19, 2012, 02:27:53 am »

I was just got done killing a rabbit when I attempted to cross a river. I was quickly swept over a waterfall and was badly injured by the fall. I floundered helplessly in the water until a sea lamprey came along to put me out of my misery.

Fredrikus Fatvessel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:46 am »

*unlurk*

My latest adventure is by far the most awesome i have ever had. I generated a world that was about 80-90% evil and created an character named Gaston Skullbreaker, now my plan was for Gaston to become an necromancer and basicly become that worlds anti-christ. What happened was something completely different.

You see, there was no necromancers in that world so i thought "Well, that sucks. Let's do some quests".

Fastforward a little and Gaston (now named "Gaston Skullbreaker the Exalted Scenario of Bars") is now an legendary hero in several towns after slaying an titan, several night creatures, minotaurs etc and has drank vampire blood to forever be able to fight the evils of this world. So yeah, i had a good time with that guy. :)

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: November 19, 2012, 07:03:25 am »

This about wraps it up.

Spoiler: This is a gif. (click to show/hide)
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: November 21, 2012, 03:29:11 pm »

I discovered a fortress that got overrun with rhesus macaques.

TIME FOR DINNER
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1104