Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093132 times)

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4860 on: October 15, 2012, 08:14:50 pm »

I rescued a child and her mother.

Now the world hates me except for that single spearman and her beloved, only daughter. Huh?
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: October 15, 2012, 09:13:17 pm »

I rescued a child and her mother.

Now the world hates me except for that single spearman and her beloved, only daughter. Huh?

Way to go. Jerk. :P

But really, you should go on a two person, one child rampage throughout the world. Kill everything.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: October 16, 2012, 06:59:33 am »

After becoming a necromancer, As usual I realize there is nothing much else to do in the game, So I went back to my favorite pas-time.

Sneaking up and assassinating someone, picking up their corpse, throwing it, Raising it, And watch it attempt to kill everything.

This is oddly fun with animals and such too,
Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: October 16, 2012, 07:50:48 am »

Quick tip
Just because you are missing one steel boot doesn't make it hard to have your left foot ripped off and go unconscious from the pain

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: October 18, 2012, 02:42:58 pm »

BOOM HEAD SHOT!

Apparently one of my men had a gun and one shotted sum peasant that had a were beast curse on him which was rather interesting. XD

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: October 19, 2012, 03:41:27 am »

I created a world and looked in Legends mode to find that there was a tower with a "family" of six necromancers in it (don't know how common this is since I haven't played in a while). Created an adventurer to go meet them; got killed by Boogeymen on the way, though I did take two of them out before I died.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: October 19, 2012, 05:26:08 am »

I created a world and looked in Legends mode to find that there was a tower with a "family" of six necromancers in it (don't know how common this is since I haven't played in a while). Created an adventurer to go meet them; got killed by Boogeymen on the way, though I did take two of them out before I died.

You were dead the moment you decided to seek out a tower. They're like a soda machine of !!FUN!!, and you are the unsuspecting ice cube in some guy's soda cup.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: October 19, 2012, 02:04:53 pm »

-snip-
    I think the only thing that saved me was I broke the crossbowman's left foot with a well-thrown gold coin.
-snip-

Ok, I have seen several references to thrown Coins. But every time I start throwing them I get a message saying

"The spinning Coin strikes [bodypart] but passes right through"

Now as I right this it occurs to me I don't think I've checked to see that it actually caused no damage, but the text certainly gives that impression.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: October 19, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »

Playing Genesis mod, started up a snake man, with 4 arms...and

starting equipment: an axe, AND THREE SHIELDS

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: October 19, 2012, 07:47:43 pm »

Playing Genesis mod, started up a snake man, with 4 arms...and

starting equipment: an axe, AND THREE SHIELDS
If you find another shield you can throw away that axe.
Ok, I have seen several references to thrown Coins. But every time I start throwing them I get a message saying

"The spinning Coin strikes [bodypart] but passes right through"

Now as I right this it occurs to me I don't think I've checked to see that it actually caused no damage, but the text certainly gives that impression.

"passes right through" is just like "deflected by X" it has no effect on the target. In antiquity coins were apparently deadly but that's long been nerfed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 10:40:26 am by Broseph Stalin »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: October 19, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »

Maybe I threw something else but thought I threw a coin. I don't look very close at the combat announcements.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: October 19, 2012, 09:38:57 pm »

"passes right through" occurs when a projectile/attack fails to strike a target because either the target or the projectile has no tissues/material. Meaning that either the target or the weapon is imaginary and made of nothing. :P

This is from my experiences with failed mods where a creature's bodypart has no tissues, or where a reaction produces an item with no material. I suppose there could be more instances where it can occur, but I'm lead to believe that coins pass right through because they don't register as having a material for the purposes of attacks.

Maybe if we could test some other near-weightless items...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: October 20, 2012, 10:57:50 am »

"passes right through" occurs when a projectile/attack fails to strike a target because either the target or the projectile has no tissues/material. Meaning that either the target or the weapon is imaginary and made of nothing. :P

This is from my experiences with failed mods where a creature's bodypart has no tissues, or where a reaction produces an item with no material. I suppose there could be more instances where it can occur, but I'm lead to believe that coins pass right through because they don't register as having a material for the purposes of attacks.

Maybe if we could test some other near-weightless items...
I was about to do some quick testing by copying the raws from Coins to swords then going into the arena and throwing swords at something but I can't find the raws for coins, I'm assuming their hard coded. I remember an old version of either genesis or wanderers that allowed you to make arrows but the arrows always passed right through, no idea where to find it but that may be a good place to find data.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: October 20, 2012, 02:08:23 pm »

I had a bug like that with my trimmed-down version of wanderer's friend; material-less arrows, bolts and darts, because I forgot to switch the reagent ID it was looking for when it called on GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:[ID]. If you just switch it to a reagent that doesn't exist, you should always receive a product without material.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: October 20, 2012, 02:46:45 pm »

though this does make handy minecarts since minecarts going at high speeds will hit the rider while on it. having something that intangible does great when you end up in an accident. Though chances are you going to die from the skidding than the minecart smacking you in the face.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1104