Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093125 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4845 on: October 12, 2012, 10:14:59 am »

Welp, I accidently sighned my and my party's death warrent. we're somewhere underground because we chased a fleeing goblin hammerman down there, and while we've crushed a cave croc through the power of stabbing the shit out of it, we'll be dead before long.

EDIT: Makes that two. We should probably vacate the area around this lake...

Just don't sleep, wait, or anything else that causes the game to reload your surroundings, or your companions will disappear permanently. The bugs with adventuring in the caverns, such as the extremely high chance that there is either no animal life in them or a GCS behind every single fucking rock, need to be dealt with.

Also, I retired the poor brain-dead adventurer. At least he'll always think he has friends...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: October 12, 2012, 10:21:30 am »

We got out and while enroute to a town to a violet xelic camp to curb stomp some man-beetle ass, we got jumped. By a rather siazable number of hobgoblins, including SIX weapon masters and thier leader.

Killed the leader and half thier men, and 5 out of six weapon lords due to a trance. My dwarven hero and his two human comrades were sadly killed, but their deaths didn't go unavenveged:

Hobgoblin axelord killed bowman. Speardwarf (me) perforates his brain.
Hobgoblin spearmaster kills swordsman. Speardwarf damages his upper nervous tissue and stabs the flopping mess on the ground until it dies.
Hobgoblin grunt takes off my leg after I kill thier leader and a few more grunts. I liberate him of a functioning brain before bleeding to death.

Sprafe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4847 on: October 12, 2012, 03:43:36 pm »

Just finished a necromancer VS werepig battle. The battle started with the pig jumping around a corner and nomming on my arm. So I scrambled away and setup in a corner while my shambling army took to the field. Gesturing like a madman to keep them all on their feet they slowly broke every bone in the vile beast's body but alas, it was all for naught. just as the werepig died I collapsed from the pain and died of bloodloss.

The return trip to get my tome is gona be real fun. Just gota deal with the various animated limbs and bodies still alive and kicking.

terminator44

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: October 12, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

The return trip to get my tome is gona be real fun. Just gota deal with the various animated limbs and bodies still alive and kicking.

I'm pretty sure that when you die or retire your undead army scatters all over the game world.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:39 am »

My favorite lasher died to a bandit axeman via one-hit decapitation. She had saved my life twice at that point, I'd given her a nickname and everything. RIP, poor Samus. You shall be missed. Know that your killer rests in The Eternal Circus with a slashed throat and broken head.

The next battle for this adventurer went even worse. Both of my legs were broken by a sadistic macelord, and my spearman died protecting me while I was out from the pain. Thankfully, my bowman managed to bring the macelord down while my own maceman chased down the quest target. There were also a bunch of buzzards nearby whom they happily slaughtered. I like to think they were doing it to keep them away from my unconscious body.

So many good men lost that day :'(

Update:

I got a cool name: Ab Footpeak the Defended Weaver of Combat.
Also;
The blood, oh my God the blood.

We were tasked with killing an axewoman who had already killed a previous adventurer of mine and their companion. Wanting revenge, I promptly led my party to their doom at the hands of a crossbowman, a macelord and an axewoman. I think the only thing that saved me was I broke the crossbowman's left foot with a well-thrown gold coin. Unfortunately, I still ended up being shot in the spine while my companions were shot and chopped to death all around me. I barely escaped with my life by stabbing the macelord in the foot and crawling like hell. At least I managed to get my vengeance... but at what cost?

Update:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:06:09 am by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Cassandra

• Bay Watcher
  • Serpent Lady, Slayer of Ancients
    • View Profile
« Reply #4850 on: October 13, 2012, 03:59:21 pm »

I was tasked to kill a dragon. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, of course.... I reach the cave, slay the dragon after a semi-epic fight and a spear-stab through brain, and then go down into the cave to see my loot. Instead of shiny treasure? I found SEVEN MORE DRAGONS. I mean, holy.... That battle is commencing right now!

Battle over. Dragons slain. Almost bled to death, though. But... I have prevailed over seven dragons at once. -Pant-
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 07:10:16 pm by Cassandra »
Cassandra likes elves for their taste, Cobalt for it's pretty colors, and kittens for their cute intentions. She is incredibly strong, but horribly unlucky, and speaks with a rasping accent. She is white with black eyes. She likes dwarves for their hilarious intentions.

"The fuck do you mean by 'plot'"

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4851 on: October 13, 2012, 07:40:39 pm »

Went to go fight a kobold in their cave, they were outside to greet me, a moved towards them, great axed their leg off, and the force was great enough to send them flying backwards, into their cave, where they fell to the ground inside of

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: October 13, 2012, 09:57:59 pm »

Turns out my adamantine colossi CAN be injured, but only to very small areas, while investigating a shrine, tired of not getting any megabeast quests, if ound it to be inhabited by my species' devolved cousin: a bronze colossus. he managd to remove a single finger of mine before i got tired of "fractureing him" with a bronze battleaxe and just melted him with dragonfire.

When he died, he turned into a statue of a forgotten beast...interesting

after travelling far away, FINALLY got a decent quest, kill a roc, go over there, find there are THREE rocs, fly up into air, hack and slash wings till they fall out of hte sky, wone goes splat, and another lives, limping away leaving a bloody trail as i hack it to death...i love this game
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 11:13:44 pm by random_odd_guy »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4853 on: October 14, 2012, 08:31:18 am »

So apparently jugs make terrible weapons, even slade jugs with 40 to 50 extra pounds of skeletons crammed inside. Who knew?

Started a new adventurer world with advanced perimeters so there's tons more megabeasts/lairs, 80% of the world is some form of evil, and there's 200 different kinds of evil rain and evil fog.

I was quite pleased to find that dorf adventurers can wear armor found in human forts in Masterwork. Urist NamedSand, Dorf of the Legion and demigod is now kitted out in almost all steel and learning to use his newfound +steel pick+ to slaughter errything in his way. Only problem is that this civ seems to never have heard of armoring your extremities, as I've yet to find any form of armor for the hands or feet. May just make bone boots, but I can't make bone gauntlets that I could wear, and this lack of armor could screw me over in the long run.

Got a task to kill a Goblin Lich, I just got a spearman companion to replace the pikeman melted by firebirds who I avenged. I'm thinking of just going to find the lich and powerlevel mining on his zombies, but I'm prepared to savescum just in case.  I'm not gonna lose my first powerleveled professional crutchwalker to a zombie swarm.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4854 on: October 14, 2012, 09:38:42 am »

Just for something different, I tried being a human outsider. I fought and killed a bunch of wolves, ended up not being able to carry the meat or even a trophy because I had no containers. I recruited two axemen who drowned in their first encounter from autododging in to a murky pool. I finally died when an axeman hacked my head off, ending my bloody rampage in town.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Metalsoul212

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: October 14, 2012, 04:30:09 pm »

My dwarf wrestler encounter a big hairy troll and began biting off his teeth one by one. Just picturing my savage female dwarf kiss of death xD

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: October 14, 2012, 04:56:04 pm »

Urist NamedSand is now the Perplexing Rot of Savants, a half rotting dwarf pyromancer that spews fire at useless wildlife and goblins alike, and wields a steel pick of death.

I've found probably the best undead followers yet: saltwater crocodiles. A disembodied croc head manages to tear goblins literally limb from limb, and a whole croc corpse proves to be an admirable  tank for archers, and serve as a mobile meat grinder.  At some point the crocs actually one shot a goblin by just directly tearing it in half. One bite, one shake, boom: dead gobbo!

It's a beautiful sight to behold a disembodied crocodile head tear apart a bunch of goblins.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: October 14, 2012, 06:49:26 pm »

I actually went to sleep outside the castle, and when the bogeymen showed up, they started fighting merchants.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: October 14, 2012, 10:20:55 pm »

Bit off a both a mans arms and jammed them into his skull. I made a bunny.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: October 15, 2012, 05:12:52 pm »

I actually went to sleep outside the castle, and when the bogeymen showed up, they started fighting merchants.
I did that once, and the bogeymen attacked everyone but me, so I ended up boosting skills a lot
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 1104