Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093193 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4815 on: October 04, 2012, 09:49:12 pm »

My lasher companion just one-shotted a dragon. This was after it slaughtered three of the others and we'd fled/returned. I could hardly touch the thing, but this guy...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: October 05, 2012, 02:54:04 am »

Was sent to kill an elven overlord in the local catacombs who turned out to be a mummy. I didn't escape.

EDIT:

I determinedly set off in my quest...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:42:25 am by Ilirion »

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19:16 pm »

Am I the only one who loves playing as a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Random Spark

• Bay Watcher
  • Tales of Karma and Strategy
    • View Profile
    • My Art (Deviant Art profile)
« Reply #4818 on: October 05, 2012, 01:14:46 pm »

I'm in a human town.. and theres goblins and humans hanging around.

Just chilling.

Looks like the population is about half/half and the entire list fortifications are made out of this really pretty purple rock stuff.

Rutile? No idea.

We're literally day and a half from two goblin towers and a necro tower.
oh man. The chef of this soupy civ is Lord Uthra Gugirrico. He apparently was very impressed with my mindless slaughter of two were beasts and now wants me to clean out his dungeon because his militia apparently can't handle it on their own.

took my <badass<*-Bronze Scimitar-*>badass>

Went down there, cleaved every single dude into bits but all the ladies were apparently beast mode and i have died a terribly painful death.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 02:02:33 pm by Random Spark »
I am an artist. I draw, write, and compose.
I am also a smartalek. I am also trying to design a game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: October 06, 2012, 05:01:20 am »

eh, elves don't get the ability to choose an animal to be a companion just get access to passive animals.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: October 06, 2012, 08:58:25 am »

eh, elves don't get the ability to choose an animal to be a companion just get access to passive animals.
I find them overpowered as hell
Animals do not run away
Shove a spear through the skull..
INSTANT FOOD AND BLOOD!
Plus you can get some animals to join you in your hunt!
I am starting to sound like one..

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: October 06, 2012, 09:03:52 am »

I pretty much exclusively play dwarves for their martial trances and the possibility for steel weapons. I play humans sometimes when I get frustrated at not finding armor, but rarely ever elves. The speed boost is nice I guess, but the animal friendship thing is more annoying than helpful because you have to confirm every attack you make on animals and you don't get experience.

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: October 06, 2012, 09:39:29 am »

I pretty much exclusively play dwarves for their martial trances and the possibility for steel weapons. I play humans sometimes when I get frustrated at not finding armor, but rarely ever elves. The speed boost is nice I guess, but the animal friendship thing is more annoying than helpful because you have to confirm every attack you make on animals and you don't get experience.

It would be nice if elves were able to recruit tamable creatures as companions with animal training skill. Maybe with a high enough level they would be able to tame exotic pets.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:09 am »

Well true that but still If it was moddable to ignore Confirming attacks i would say elfs are the most overpowered But yeah training is a hassle Dwarves are my first almost to elves humans are eh to boring Why play a humie when you got a game full of drunken midgets and tree hugging hippies?

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: October 06, 2012, 09:12:51 pm »

got the title "the eagle of axes" for killing things with an axe...how appropriate...now, if only i had gotten it for killing EAGLES with an axe

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:11 pm »

Frickin dingos everywhere. I think dingos outbred everything else in worldgen, except for the ever-resilient Cavies. I think so far the only quest I had that wasn't a bandit camp, was murdering a random dingo woman in her lair.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:48 pm »

I'm playing as a steel-clad dwarf "Urist McShieldwall" (actual name Tobul Limulitdun Zonzulash Megid)... the only mods I'm running are the archery rebalance and Adventurer's friend... At last count, I had 50 assorted bone-and-fur shields in my hands, in addition to a +Steel Battleaxe+ and Steel Warhammer... MUAHAHA! I AM INVINCIBLE!

I've crushed two necromancer towers without needing to reload - Kicked in the door, and charged through all the zombies with my axe-and-hammer, and slaughtered ALL the necromancers! Now, I have a quest to kill a forest titan across the ocean... I tried walking due to the entire place being frozen over... but the waves (On a frozen ocean, throwing up huge walls of ice) and resulting FPS-kill have made that a pain in the ass... so now I have to find either a warmer place to swim across that won't freeze, or walk around the sea... once I trudge back to shore.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: October 07, 2012, 10:24:59 pm »

Having a very successful adventure, currently. Took a dragonman for a spin a couple days ago after losing a few others, and she's still holding up quite well. The ability to set aflame anyone I don't want to deal with might have something to do with it. However, a portion of her kills are dragons of several varieties, and 2 titans. The rest are two cyclopes, a bunch of brutemen (my modded semi-megabeast civ) and some humans.

The first titan was a one-eyed ceratopsid marsh titan with a venomous sting who I had all to myself, and who didn't put up much of a fight, after being set aflame. I used it's bones, teeth and skull to adorn my trophy-amulet, cloak, and sword.

The second was a sauropod if I recall, who spat flame. I couldn't set it on fire, so the battle raged and my companions got in to score their own chunks of victory. It took a long-ass time, but I finally lopped it's whole damn head off. The body promptly caught fire and was burned away. No trophy this time...

Finally, we got another fight with another titan; a desert titan from the good region, The Amethyst Dune. It got the first hit on me and sent me flying back a ways, unharmed but undignified, but we quickly turned it into a piecemeal, given that it was made of silty clay. My companion got the kill, though. Bisected the whole damn thing. It's "look of unbelievable peace" must have come to it over the eons, as it learned of the day it would die at the hands of a bunch of schmucks from the castle nearby. It managed to break one of my companion's legs, though. She'll be fine after travel I'd wager.

My adventurer's title is "The Ivy of Wrath." Damn fine title.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:26:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: October 08, 2012, 12:58:41 am »

I recruited a random swordsman in a town. Said swordsman proceeded to completely chainsaw everything he came across, including dingos, hyenas and bandits. Finally, a lucky shot from a crossbowman got him in the head, and he stumbled away off screen. I couldn't find him and eventually got a message that he suffocated :'( RIP random swordsman, your memory lives on in the other swordsman I just hired.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: October 08, 2012, 09:45:16 am »

"You know that farmer who's head you beat in with that golden lute?"
"Yeah"
"You know his beekeeper friend?"
"Mhmm."
"HE"S RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND HE'S A LEGENDARY STRIKER!"
You have been struck down.