Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102088 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4725 on: August 26, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Uhh guys I think my wardogs and my horse got pregnant some time during the trip and now I got puppies and foals.
this isn't any hex trickery they naturally gave birth while I was mid way into stuffing a silk bag that had the badgerman queen into the wagon.

Also I think my male wagon/horse knock up the horse that was pulling him. should I name a couple after members here and continue on south to find a human hamlet?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gashcozokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: September 03, 2012, 12:38:51 pm »

Tired of Unarmored Dwarven adventurers not living past their first week in their career, I decided to play a human.
As luck would have it I started in the abandoned quarter of town with nary a living sole to be found anywhere.
Quickly i set about looking for a quest to fulfill or something to do.  Several empty and broken houses later, i stumble into
an unmarked and abandoned warehouse. Four connected 10x10 rooms each full to the brim with equipment.(All of it unowned)
I spent the next several hours gleefully rummaging and sorting through my trove, I discovered that sorting by throwing is a great dual
purpose method of organizing and training skills.

so enough about that, finally clad head to toe in «Iron Everything» I head for the catacombs, the very first room i enter has a bandit standing guard
he turns about and deftly deals a mortal blow with his spear through my eye....  So much for that strategy ^__^

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:16 pm »

Whats going on in my adventures? Epic failingness (look in stories board for Adventures of Highmax to see in detail). My biggest adventure was probably going into three lairs and finding nothing and comming back to town only to be caught halfway by a gang of kobalds. They died easily, but shortly after I found a little option that would probably start DF kamikazee and I set myself on fire... The end ;D
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: September 04, 2012, 03:57:21 pm »

so while studying the chance of capturing and storing caged units I ended up with 1 helmet snake woman child and end up being ambushed by 2 bronze colossus.
Now I have 2 bronze colossus and 1 helmet snake woman. to test with.
I found out that you can release any caged unit with ease if you make the cage out of ice, make a campfire, then heat up the cage.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: September 04, 2012, 06:03:28 pm »

During the horrors of the modbold wars, human, goblin, elf, and dwarf have banded together to survive (in worldgen this appears to literally be the case. Dunno how else they could still be barely kicking.) A simple soldier named Drilllash embarked upon a journey with two friends in tow.

Drilllash has become a great hero among her people, and no enemy has yet bested her.

I expect the more than likely present archers in this accidently discovered bandit camp to change that shortly.

EDIT: I got off lucky. My two companions are still alive and it was nothing but a small band of modbold army scouts. Going to use the body swap thing once I find a crutch to help my axeman buddy walk again, because he did lose a foot in the fight.

Currently in a metalcrafter's shop and seriously considering buying one of these lead scepters just t beat people with it.

venom3053000

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:28 am »

i just downloaded the game, started adventure because i thought i might live longer and then three minutes in i walked into a river and drowned and now i made a account to tell people.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:23 am »

i just downloaded the game, started adventure because i thought i might live longer and then three minutes in i walked into a river and drowned and now i made a account to tell people.

Generally considered a good idea to add novice  swimmer so you can cross rivers. Watch out for sturgeon though, cause those sons a bitches can be fairly large (large enough to bite an armored beast larger than a human in the head and kill them.) Oh and alligators. Them too.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: September 05, 2012, 12:50:48 pm »

Found a book by a vampire lord deity. It apparently contained the occasional biting remark.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: September 05, 2012, 01:51:45 pm »

ba-dum tsh!

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: September 05, 2012, 03:01:52 pm »

VENGENCE! I found some of my old teammates (Mirding the maceman and Gulo the Halberdier; Mirding was killed recently) And I killed the asshole who put a hole in my face last adventurer. Evidently he got busted trying to loot a house and was in the middle of a fight with the owners. I plan on wreaking terrible vengence in the catacombs when after I gather a sufficent force. On the upside, I can go down there and loot tons of armor, cause those sumbitches got piles of swag down there.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: September 06, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

I encountered a lair and a shrine right beside each other while travelling the wilds, found a dragon in the lair, ran away, found a bronze colossus in the shrine and whacked it with my iron sword for a while, with no effect, then the dragon caught up and started setting everything on fire, melting the colossus. Then I severed a major artery in the dragon's heart with a lucky stab, carried the statue the colossus left to the top of a volcano, then read a lot of books by a demon pretending to be the god Bekor until I found one that taught necromancy, then threw them all into the volcano so no one else could do the same, then went back to the shrine and raised the dragon as my eternal servant.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: September 06, 2012, 07:48:32 pm »

I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring some catacombs: lots of galena coffers filled with copper gear laying around... prime candidates for throwing into goblins!

Also, playing a challenge: using Wanderer's Friend, I am only using gear I can craft myself or start with, and playing as a human outsider. Makes things more fun

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: September 06, 2012, 09:03:59 pm »

LEAD LADLE!!! Misc Obj User here I come!

DSnow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: September 08, 2012, 01:51:42 am »

I just killed a mummy! :D

Mind you, the first time I encountered it I was cursed and then quickly dispatched. But I had backed up a save recently after finally completing a few tasks without immediately dying so I restored it and tried again. After reading how the mummy curse was permanent I decided to bump my companions into forming a human shield and then walked back and forth until one of them was foolish enough to step toward the coffin, awaken the mummy, and receive it's curse.

Apparently the swordsman looked terrible after being cursed. I figure he probably looked even worse after being killed by the mummy, re-animated, and then killed again by my party. But whatever, I bested a mummy and got some sweet gear.

At that point I was lost in the catacombs of something called The Mauve Tower and surrounded by peasant corpses, so before anything else could rise from the dead I decided to find my way back up. Some old goat who referred himself as a 'sacred fence' had been hanging around one of first few basement levels and I suppose he must have considered himself rather important because when I inquired as to whether I could be of service he gave me some condescending guff about not being ready to face one of the 'greatest monsters in the world'. I could only assume he was talking about the dusty, dismembered corpse lying at my feet so I picked up one of its severed hands (it's fine, I was wearing gloves) and put it in my bag.

Upon speaking with him again he seemed pleased but his reaction was somewhat muted. Then again, I'm not really sure what I expected from some senile old man who spends his time wandering around a tower basement, claiming to have ruled from it some 60 years prior. I threw the mummy hand to the floor and left, grateful to get away from the old man/dead person stink and breathe fresh air.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: September 08, 2012, 06:31:13 pm »

Pabpath UltimatePaddles has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in slaughter recently. He massacred two vampires recently. He admired a fine mutilated lasse corpse recently.

He is currently on his merry way to kill a water dragon that has been terrorizing the local hamlets with his merry band of followers.  He's decked out in full steel armor, and armed with a ++steel pick++ and steel warhammer, as well as a steel shield of faith. He's fairly confident in his chances of success.

Masterwork Dwarf Fortress is amazing. So much content!

EDIT: Shortly after posting this we were ambushed by beak dogs while we slept.  My two companions were torn apart and my foot got busted up.  I promptly carved one of the now named beak dogs' legs into a bone crutch.  Suck it, irony.

EDIT2: Shortly after editing this post Fate decided to screw my crutchwalking self over with MORE BEAKDOGS.  Before I even left the area they surrounded me and tore my other foot up as well as my hands.  I was left struggling to gnaw one of them to death before I bled out.

Beak dogs are Masterwork DF's wolves. Lesson learned, never be overconfident and say so in the forum. The Random Number God will tear off your hypothetical  nipples and beat you to death with them as punishment.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 07:00:26 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1104