Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054284 times)

Caprealis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Next Crusade~ Praise Armok!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4710 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:35 pm »

All I know is, That I am in the middle of a forest, Getting chased by bogeyman('s)??.. The capital is some where south west of here..

Hello, My name is irrelevant, And I represent no one.
And there is no place like 127.0.0.1

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: August 22, 2012, 07:00:14 pm »

Four more dragons, 23 dingoes, and 7 wolves later, Lulon Whiskysilks the Puzzling Bronze Chamber is still kicking. And all the other things she does when murdering some poor bastard. I don't know anymore, I just point in a direction and say "go" and the sword starts spinning like a windmill as she bumrush-murders everything stupid enough to stand in front of it (Which is everything.) Managing these moron's lives gets boring once they can take care of themselves.

Today the target is a minotaur. I actually brought companions, for this special occasion.

Hyper edit;

Oh god he kicked their asses like nothing you'd ever seen before. Hardly a scratch on him, everyone else is dead. Lulon got her leg smashed up and passed out. Copper short sword through the iron helm...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:04:03 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: August 22, 2012, 10:03:08 pm »

You punch the Human Hammerman in the head with your left hand, bruising the muscle and shattering the skull through the small sheep wool hood!
The Human Hammerman is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Human Hammerman slams into the Human Pikeman!
The Human Pikeman's left upper leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the small dog leather cloak!
The Human Hammerman's right upper arm skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the small llama wool cloak!
The Human Pikeman's upper body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle and bruising the stomache through the small dog leather cloak!
The Human Hammerman slams into an obstacle!

I punched someone so hard, they went flying, CRASHED INTO SOMEONE ELSE, then they BOTH kept going!

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: August 22, 2012, 11:28:55 pm »

Now I'm a lynx man running from my own people to a yautja Mountain Hall. Gotta get there before sundown too. Do you guys think 5 pieces of ibex meat will be enough to make it to a Hall on the top of my location thing (the box in the top-left showing how close locations are to you)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: August 22, 2012, 11:31:33 pm »

Now I'm a lynx man running from my own people to a yautja Mountain Hall. Gotta get there before sundown too. Do you guys think 5 pieces of ibex meat will be enough to make it to a Hall on the top of my location thing (the box in the top-left showing how close locations are to you)

Mountainhalls don't currently exist, sorry, you gonna die.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: August 23, 2012, 12:01:12 am »

You punch the Human Hammerman in the head with your left hand, bruising the muscle and shattering the skull through the small sheep wool hood!
The Human Hammerman is propelled away by the force of the blow!
The Human Hammerman slams into the Human Pikeman!
The Human Pikeman's left upper leg skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the small dog leather cloak!
The Human Hammerman's right upper arm skids along the ground, bruising the muscle through the small llama wool cloak!
The Human Pikeman's upper body skids along the ground, bruising the muscle and bruising the stomache through the small dog leather cloak!
The Human Hammerman slams into an obstacle!

I punched someone so hard, they went flying, CRASHED INTO SOMEONE ELSE, then they BOTH kept going!

What race were you? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: August 23, 2012, 12:48:01 am »

Mountainhalls don't currently exist, sorry, you gonna die.
I know, but they still count as places to rest without getting beset by everything in the world at once

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: August 23, 2012, 08:56:30 am »

okay so I discover someone already made a item pickup for units in dfhack and now I'm able to load up my wagon with enough supplies to last us days.
hopefully I can travel all the way to a land of unknown riches.
So far it seems that badgerman still in the cage after we stole him/her.
Here's the first screen cap of the wagon that's carrying our supplies. the wagon is being pulled by another horse so that we don't have to fast travel.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The group I'm playing as now are entirely human as dwarves kinda died out before worldgen ended.
kinda wonder if this badgerman will stay with us once we hit the other fort, if so then I could start picking up random members of sites and stashing them into the wagon.

What on earth are you talking about? I... I just don't get it.
oops my bad.

okay I'm using dfhack but mostly dfusion to turn folks into wagons
combined with this code which allows units/creatures to drag others around like how a dwarf drags a live animal to a butcher shop.
which allows me to simulate a wagon being pulled. Dfhack has a plugin that allow you to equip items to npcs called forceequip. that and combining all these plugins seem to have an effect on caged unit, usually caged units in adventure mode won't stay in your inventory if you travel out of the designated zone you caught them, some how containing them into a wagon unit that's being pulled by another unit seem to keep them contain even miles away from the site you would catch them. this means I or any one who goes through this set up can kidnap hostile units and bring them back to their fort.

long story short: Using Dfhack I some how got caravan mode, and I'm amazed how much stuff can be contain on a horse tail.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 09:25:48 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: August 24, 2012, 03:35:41 am »

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: August 24, 2012, 03:46:22 am »

I obtained a +bronze pick+ early on as a Dwarf adventurer, and am now a professional miner with 60 notable kills. At one point I walked into a lair, expecting one night creature, and instead encountered well over ten. I stood in the hallway with my pickaxe, entered a martial trance, and bisected several Moon Hags in immediate succession. Several dingo packs later, I somehow ended up unintentionally drinking vampire blood along the way, so I'm now aiming to be a vapor husk necromancer vampire miner. Can't find an evil area or a tower, though...
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: August 24, 2012, 03:49:16 am »

Same. Translator! Get over here!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: August 24, 2012, 04:23:57 am »

If I understand correctly, Rumrusher is using a DFHack utility to get creatures (such as... wagons) to equip items. In this case, it makes the wagon carry the items, which include such things a badgerman in a cage. I'm going to guess that the wagon is a member of the adventurer's party or something.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »

My necromancer adventurer got in way, WAY over his head when he attacked what appeared to be a rogue squad of elven crack troopers in the wilderness (There was about 3 lashers, a hammerlord, a crossbowman, a warlord, a swordmaster, and an axelord, all elven). They killed all my minions, surrounded me, and were bashing on my guy repeatedly. My only attacks were bite and scratch, and I could only scratch with one arm. Every limb I bit off, I reanimated, but things were going downhill fast. I was forced to deploy my ultimate weapon: an ability I had modded in as part of a failed attempt to make a nanobot weapon-type thing, that summoned an item which immediately exploded into syndrome gas. At the time, I thought it still transformed victims into chinchillas.

Nothing happened. The cloud went off, but no effects happened immediately.

I managed to distract the elves with a severed hand and inchworm myself away (superhuman agility doesn't do shit when you have no legs) and fast traveled in the hopes of healing.

When I stopped, I had become a Giant Mosquito. That material I had added no longer chinchillafied you, it Mosquitofied you. I thought this would be horrible for a few moments, until I realized I was still a necromancer.

My adventurer is now a flying Giant Mosquito necromancer. I foresee this being a very...interesting playthrough...
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Xangi

• Bay Watcher
  • ɛkzændʒiː
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: August 25, 2012, 12:29:50 am »

Currently I had my head caved in by a Tomb Lord servant zombie, who somehow managed to punch me so hard that it went straight through my steel helm. I think they may need a bit of tweaking still...
A spooky ghost.

Previous mod (34.11):
<<Fear The Night!>>
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103747.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:48 am »

Just so long as they don't end up like the movie The Mummy, I think it'll be fine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1104