Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054202 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4695 on: August 19, 2012, 08:11:18 pm »

i was playing as Wisho Ewomstrul a human sword man.
my first task was to kill a were capybara that was eating the local live stock, i smarty turned down the weapon smith only steel weapons will work line.

i quicky head to the town keep to hire some meatshields Companions, only one idiotbrave Warrior answered the call to glory, a human axewoman by the name of medi moltenchamber.

the were capybara was not even a warm change for a mighty Warrior like me.

my down fall came not in battle but from the dagger in the back you see as night fell medi ran.
and i was left alone to face the savge beast know as the Giant Otter .
as godlike and power as Wisho was at 3x times
 his size the smart money was on the Otter, all i can say about Wisho finel fight was he had a lot of guts.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: August 19, 2012, 09:57:21 pm »

Did I mention that my army of 400 zombies, I decided to invade a castle, stopped fast traveling in the square adjacent to the entrance...right in the middle of a TON of farmers selling strawberries...
annoyingly, this is about the only time ive actually been able to FIND shopkeepers...they didnt have anything i wanted...but still...anyway, the results...took the army all over town in the immediate area, and they found a priest...about the only time i found a church...at least i THINK it was, it had the big pool of water in a rectangle...but it also was a four way entrance to a crypt...a near uninhabited one...which i used to add to my army...bad idea...LAG started then...so yeah...accidental mass murder of shopkeepers and priests...

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: August 19, 2012, 10:51:00 pm »

I just lost my Wanderer's Mod adventurer after leveling himt o be a legendary thrower, dodger, spearman, and crossbowman. He took a hit to a motor nerve in his leg, and after having scummed the save so many times I decided it was time to let him die  :'(

My adventurer had a masterwork steel spear decorated with menacing camel bone spikes (which I made myself btw), fully masterwork clothing, and a masterwork shield and xbow.

My preferred strategy for taking on big groups was to sneak in, kill the ranged weapons asap, and then finish everyone off with my spear. I managed to get about 120 kills like that :D
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: August 19, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

You can make things in adventurer?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: August 20, 2012, 10:25:07 am »

Wanderers Mod

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: August 20, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

I retired my old, crippled adventurer. Her glory days were over, as she had become so damn slow even unarmored and after tossing her backpack that there was no way for her to defeat most opponents, regardless of skill.

Before doing so, I had the wisdom to toss all her gear in a heap on the ground, including the stash of vampire blood, which she finally drank. mmmm, vampirey! A little stale after sitting in the backpack for a month.

My first new adventurer died horribly in the wilderness, to a deer I wanted to kill for food, because for whatever reason I wasn't awarded any gear or provisions. Didn't stand a chance. I was actually lost and way off course form my target; the village with the heap of gear.

The next adventurer, is A-okay, for the moment.

She started off in the village with the gear in it, amazingly. So, logically I forgo carrying around mountains of meat, and immediately go for the vampire blood. I nabbed the sword and a shield, leaving the armor behind, and headed straight for the mummy's tomb to the north. When I got there, I entered the first pyramid, and charged inside. I took a look around the tomb, and dodged the traps I encountered. Which is good, because I had no intention of playing a one-legged clown again. Or one-buttocked, but they died in their first engagement afterwards. A very half-assed adventurer. Maybe they stored all their good luck in their left buttcheek.

Anyway, after snooping around the tomb a bit, I came upon a *Steel Serrated Bastard Sword*, which is only a mediocre improvement over my last cahracter's +Steel Bastard Sword+ with some crappy decorations she slapped on after slaying some animals, but I decided I simply must have it. I checked the next room over, and sure enough that was the mummy's tomb. Which put me slightly closer to the door than they were. So, I put the old sword in my backpack, grabbed the new sword, and intended to run. But I forgot to stop sneaking, so at best it was a snickering half-jog tiptoe pace from some old cartoon. Sure enough, as I reached the door out of that first passage, the mummy slammed open the door to the tomb and started screaming about the kids on their lawn. As soon as I was through the door and shut it behind me, I realized how stupid I was and how much an advantage I'd lost, stood up straight and ran the fuck out of there. At that point I was actually excited, as this little race with death was going to be heart-poundingly CLOSE. And indeed, it was.

I escaped from the pyramid just in time, and ran around the back to go back into hiding and slink away. The mummy, once again out-smarted me, and took the much shorter route OVER the pyramid (as opposed to my plan to go all the way around the corner) as they pursued poor Lulon. In moments, they were right behind me again. So close I thought for sure there was no way a chump with halfway to novice ambusher skill could remain hidden. Poor kid could probably feel it's rank and dry breath down her neck. But apparently the mummy was stupid or had an abysmal observer skill and missing both eyes, and I managed to get her fuzzy butt all the way out of the tomb's site claim, at which point the mummy went back inside.

Talyxians must have a hidden legendary ambusher skill. They certainly have a legendary get-your-civilization-wiped-out-despite-having-steel-weaponry stat. The civilization I've been picking from has a grand total of something like 2 villages and 2 tombs left, none of which are occupied by anything but corpses or my past adventurers. And their corpses.

The adventure continued for a while. The fool slew three lesser dragons, by slitting their throats, and dodged two wild lesser dragon ambushes. She'd been set on fire and forced to walk clear across a site to jump in a pond, leaving her head and chest permanently scarred. She met a demon who hated her guts for having guts. Then she met a bandit chieftess who stopped by twice in one night, apparently just to make sure she was ok and offer to lend some companions. She took the goblins with her, and continued the journey to the capitol. But on the road, she accidentally bumped one of her new companions, and they all ganged up on her and beat her to death.

Never did become a vampire and still had to haul around a personal larder. That's how she got murdered so quick.

Last save was after only one dragon kill, but god damnit I'm gonna savescum.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:22:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: August 20, 2012, 07:07:12 pm »

Wanderers Mod

hm...do you know of any mods that let me mine with a pick in adventurer? Considering my op'd mod colossus (which is now made of slade by the way, and if you didnt notice has that regenerating ability that they had back in 40d which made them nigh unstoppable) I think you know what I intend to do.
hint: it involves a volcano, and swimming in the magma sea.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: August 20, 2012, 07:08:31 pm »

Wanderers Mod

hm...do you know of any mods that let me mine with a pick in adventurer? Considering my op'd mod colossus (which is now made of slade by the way, and if you didnt notice has that regenerating ability that they had back in 40d which made them nigh unstoppable) I think you know what I intend to do.

Hardcoded to be impossible.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: August 20, 2012, 07:15:48 pm »

what....aw...so Id need to get a mod that has modified the stuff that isnt in text files...dang it...I was quite intent on breaking into the circus though the volcano...flooding the clowns with magma while I jumped out with my flying harbringer of doom made of slade of a colossus adventurer and breathed fire on them...that would have been epic...and I STILL cant figure out how to mine in dwarf fortress mode, so I cant just dig there and then jump down the hole...hm...maybe if i give the adamantine a very very low boiling point, so the path there just opens immediately and i can just swim down...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: August 20, 2012, 07:39:20 pm »

Wanderers Mod

It's not hardcoded to be impossible. It's pending being coded to be possible! It'll happen, eventually.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: August 20, 2012, 07:42:06 pm »

Cant wait to kill bronze colossi and dragons and such with systematic cave ins...actually, this might allow one to complete the whole "kill that demon who's our town's law giver" quest bug without getting everyone hostile to you. kill them...INDIRECTLY

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:50 am »

Wanderers Mod

It's not hardcoded to be impossible. It's pending being coded to be possible! It'll happen, eventually.
well once the eggheads over at dfhack figure out how to get digging down pack. so far we learn how to create obsidian using 3000 water and 3000 magma
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: August 21, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »

More fun today. Wiped out a bandit gang in a town's temple tombs, and took down three more lesser dragons. Adventurer took some hits with those bandits, and plenty of fireballs from the dragons, but survived with minimal injury except some permanent scarring to her head and lower body.
I make Spellcrafts!

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: August 21, 2012, 03:03:04 pm »

Stumbled upon a destroyed town with them Kobolds living in the temple catacombs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: August 21, 2012, 04:38:25 pm »

I finally made it to the local human capitol, and found that most of it's population is elven and therefore there are no apparent abandoned buildings, unlike the other cities and towns of the realm. Stupid humans dying of old age and not leaving heirs...

After regaling elves with tails of my adventures and the dragons I slew, I went to the local temple to find something to stab. What I found, was the temple collapsing violently into itself, in a cave-in. a lot of floor was lost around the ground-level tier, and I had to take my chances and jump to the floor below. Luckily, I have easy exit from there when I'm done.

Two kobolds. That's it. What a miserable little criminal presence.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 04:49:07 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1104