Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053434 times)

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4680 on: August 16, 2012, 09:46:45 pm »

I don't remember there being ill effects to eating zobie flesh.

Common sense suggests that it would be at minimum really gross and hazardous to your health.

Max Brooks zombie lore says it's 100% fatal. I don't know if it's ever come up in Romaro and whatnot.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: August 17, 2012, 02:49:02 am »

I don't remember there being ill effects to eating zobie flesh.

Common sense suggests that it would be at minimum really gross and hazardous to your health.

Max Brooks zombie lore says it's 100% fatal. I don't know if it's ever come up in Romaro and whatnot.

Romero is generally an idiot when it comes to zombies, really...  But no, I don't believe it's ever come up. 

Now, mind you, there are a number of other things that would potentially not be good ideas to put in your mouth in Adventure Mode.  Like those blood stains on your boots, or uncooked buzzard intestines.

RabblerouserGT

• Bay Watcher
  • ETHIC:NONBELIEVER:SHUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: August 17, 2012, 07:32:15 am »

My adventurer, Ves Manlove, is getting attacked by "The Dignity of Buttering".
A band of... rhesus macaque.

..and then the child Praiseincest shall be dipped in the river of Pregnantjuices! Rejoice! The son of Armok has been born!
My dwarf worships the goddess of suicide. This can only bode well.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: August 17, 2012, 08:03:48 pm »

My adventurer, Ves Manlove, is getting attacked by "The Dignity of Buttering".
A band of... rhesus macaque.

Are they actually a band of rhesus macaque, or did you just pop up with a bunch of monkeys between you and the gangsters?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: August 17, 2012, 10:06:58 pm »

*snip*
While I'm wandering around, I encounter a river, and I see a sturgeon.  Cue sneaking, and I approach the sturgeon from the side of the river.  As soon as I get next to it, I receive a vicious beatdown which includes a severed leg and loss of limb control.  I try to escape, but bleed to death after a single movement (and another set of sturgeon fury).

And that is why my adventurers, who are always capable of killing dragons with ease, always leave fish alone. Well, except for Sea Lampreys, but those are soft and squishy, and respond well to the weapons of mere mortals.

Bird

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Birdbrained.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: August 18, 2012, 04:34:19 am »

My latest adventurer was a wrestler who would kill foes with their weapon, after snatching it off them.
It started like a regular adventure, walk into house, get quest,etc.
Warning:Rather Large.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4686 on: August 18, 2012, 06:33:35 am »

So I got to work on making sentries in adventure mode for Masterquest and so far you have to mash the '.' key alot to get past limb removal stage and a 50/50 chance of the interactions will work on the critter, then doing so you end up with a pissed off sentry that will kill anything in it's view... so you have to go through the process of making one while hiding so that it won't target you first. Other than that their stationary and won't budge so building one is vary situational(great if you want to lure mobs into an ambush or want some night time protection, bad for everything else.).
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: August 19, 2012, 12:53:43 am »

After a PAINFULLY DIFFICULT TO FIGURE OUT modding montage, I am slaughtering things en masse as an invincible flying bronze colossus that breathes fire and has necromancy powers.

I used dragon breath on a titan twice and then just walked up to it and immediately cut off its head. wow...

and now i got sent out to kill a hill titan the lord of weather...and its...what
Idare Romimiyawo Alatha Dafo
A huge eyeless warbler. It has a pair of squat antenna and it moves deliberately. Its buff features are fluffed-out. Beware its poisonous sting.

So the titan is a blind rabbit..with a stinger...oh, also its FLYING. what the hell?!?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 05:07:09 am by random_odd_guy »

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: August 19, 2012, 09:32:48 am »

So the titan is a blind rabbit..with a stinger...oh, also its FLYING. what the hell?!?

A warbler is a bird, as opposed to a fluffy wambler, which is a lethal throwing weapon.

Neither should have a stinger though. (Can't be sure considering the wambler is pretty deadly...)

PLBJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: August 19, 2012, 11:32:13 am »

Well. this one time my legendary swordman whom was a dragon slayer with a band of like 12 guys. i decided i wanted to take over a human fortress. soo i attacked it. (realised you cant acthully ''take them over'') and then i decided to attack and completely massacre everyone in the nearby village. and the fortress and village was in the middle of no where so i thought it wouldnt be a problem.... after lighting a bunch of trees and shit inside the village on fire and killing everyone i could possibly find i got ambushed just outside the village. by a bunch of humans the battle rage'd on for 1-2 minutes after half my party was slain and allmost all the enemies were dead. i got shot in the chest with a arrow from a fleeing bowman. it punctured my lung and i died right there, in the middle of a practically won battle. the worst thing is after looking a bit in the legends i found out that the bowman that had shot me. first off got mugged by a bunch of my band members whilst i was dieing (assholes!) Secondly the guy whom killed me was named Jamas Blowingstangers  :o
Here lays PLBJay in a Pool Of Chunky-Blood.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: August 19, 2012, 03:12:24 pm »

Well, now i did two things, one, horribly killed an elf chieftess i was ordered to kill, and abused necromancy to keep bringing them back as i cut every piece possible off, one by one.

the other thing i did was amass a giant army of zombies, and when i was ambushed by goblins they proclaimed "Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Gross Devil"
thats right, they ambushed me, realized that i had an army of zombies, and proceeded to shit their pants.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: August 19, 2012, 03:54:39 pm »

I got the crap beat out of me by a maceman, so i ended up killing everything by throwing glaives, as my arms no longer worked.

After that, i got a quest to talk to a lord on the other side of my island. twenty minutes later, he sends me to kill bandits NEXT TO THE TOWN I STARTED IN. I retired, right then and there.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: August 19, 2012, 06:25:14 pm »

Now I amassed an army of ~400 zombies (17 pages of companions) which made the fps go down to FOUR. I punched one and ran away to escape the lag

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: August 19, 2012, 06:32:47 pm »

I'm playing with the Uber Adventurer mod, Legendary everything, adamantine skin, slade bones, total immunity, metal organs, so yeah... TOTAL AND UTTER PANDEMONIUM

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: August 19, 2012, 06:35:24 pm »

Im playing as a Bronze colossus, modified to be the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
with demigod...and yes, thats flying, dragonbreath, and raise dead you see in my natural abilities.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 1104