Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053418 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4665 on: August 13, 2012, 09:06:13 am »

Novice is good enough to cross rivers without drowning.  I tend to get Novice in both Swimming and Reading, in addition to whatever else I might want, just so I can get across water without croaking and in case I should ever feel the need to read something.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:46 am »

Oh yeah, now we're talkin'! Started a new dwarf, another illiterate gorilla and started bashing in heads with a spear in the village where I started. 132 kills so far, I think I've had pretty much all of them. Grand master speardwarf, talented shield user, grand master fighter, adept dodger, high strength, superdwarven agility, high toughness, superdwarven  endurance, above average spatial sense and superdwarven kinesthetic sense.

All my damage so far is a bruised right upper leg.

I've already been robbing the bodies from their money, so it might not be a bad idea to take the armor as well, I don't think just a silk dress gets me too far, plus I'm only a novice armor user.

And since this village seems to be dead and villagers don't seem to be much of a challenge, I'll take the next logical step and move to the next village and kill them as well. Just because I can. Training weapons skills with unknown peasants and children is just the way Armok meant it to happen.

All tremble before Onol Asteluzol Ifinamal, the silent messiah of hate!

Flying Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: August 13, 2012, 10:33:48 am »

I went into a castle about 4 hours before morning to see if I could get a new mission.  The Lord was sleeping on the 4th floor, and to the right of him was one of those people with fancy titles that helps the royalty (can't remember his exact title.)  Well he wasn't sleeping so I figured I would tell him about my previous success and then wait until the Lord woke up.  On a whim I decided to accuse him of being a night creature, and he was!  I thought "great! he won't drain the Lord now, I just saved royalty  :D"  Well we started fighting and he jumped back in a dodge on landed on the Lord, the next thing he did was slice the poor guy in the head and kill him  :o  I quickly bashed the vamp's head in and then went to sleep until the next morning.  Too bad I couldn't save the towns royalty, but I'm sure someone else will take his place now.
Now I'm heading off to another castle to get a mission for 'Jordan Graspflutes the Worshipful Embrace of Heat.'  ::)
Edit:  This castle had a werebeast cave right out in front of it, it's amazing everything isn't dead here since everyone seems to want to live next to evil humans.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 10:37:29 am by Flying Fortress »
Has entire family killed and all friends butchered and raped.
---
It's cool, he saw an awesome sock AND a waterfall, so it's all good now.
it's ‼Super Happy Tantrum Time‼

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: August 13, 2012, 11:05:06 am »

GLORIOUS CARNAGE

Hate to burst your bubble mate, but I think those coins you're picking up are fairly useless...  Unless something's changed, each civilization has its own currency (which is why coins have those absurdly long names on them), and won't accept the currency from another civ.  And, since you've been rampantly murdering people in that town, you've made yourself an enemy of said civ...

Not to mention that, as a dwarf, you can't use human armor (except shields).

At least, this is how it used to be.  I haven't played for ages, so I'm just acquainting myself with the new version now.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: August 14, 2012, 10:40:03 am »

Dear WGOIYA,

Today I celebrate my 300th victim, all humans and the lucky number 300 was Lubbe Wipeapex, a human farmer who was born 526 and the last thing he saw was the tip of my iron spear as rammed his brain through his silly little llama wool hood in the year 553 of the merciful Armok.

Now that I said it, I feel sort of bad for doing that. After all, he was somebody's someone. But there's no turning back now. I have caused a lot of grief so I have to fix it too, and I know only one way to do it: must keep doing this until there is no more grief in the entire world.

I'd wear his hood as a memory of what I've done, but it's too large so I'll just carry it with me.

The village administrator even announced his name to me and suggested that I should prepare to die. He got the dying part right. The "I" part, not so much.

I feel unstoppable.

-- Asteluzol Ifinamal, Spear of Misery

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: August 14, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »

After many hours of searching the dungeons for a vampire, I finally walked back out into the town and talked to a goblin farmer in the market about service. He told me, of course, to look for that vampire, and that she was in the keep. I wish I'd paid attention when I took the quest...

I walked back into the keep, and realized that she was right there in front of the door; Rere Lostswept, the lady of the keep. I killed her easily, and took her bronze chainmail shirt and blood. Then I talked to the child next door, and learned that he was her son... And the kid upstairs was also hers. Welp, orphans everywhere!

They're only 8 and 9 years old, and vampires are sterile, so she must have had little time to work her treachery into the community.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:08:41 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: August 14, 2012, 07:06:31 pm »

I just stealthily snuck into a Night Horror lair, made two campfires across the middle section, and then proceeded to loot and throw dirt at them with impunity.

Of course, now I can't get to anything on their side...  But that's okay, I still get credit for killing them.  Also managed to get one to dodge on top of one of the fires, and then deal with it up close and personal.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: August 14, 2012, 10:22:54 pm »

I started out, pretty simply, and no one needed anything done that wasn't absurdly far off. So I start my trek, stumble upon a lair, and get my spleen eaten by a cave dragon. I didn't even get to see it's phat lewt, I was too busy running the fuck away. Cave dragons are faster than humans...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: August 15, 2012, 11:53:11 am »

After 400+ kills, noticing that sleeping outside doesn't seem so dangerous after all, raiding a fortress during the night and slaying a market full of people, Spear of Misery played around on the beach with some grabs to pass time and increase some skills. After a while, he got bored with wrestling and striking and dodging with the grabs so he went on to find something to kill.

And what did he find, a necromancer tower! He was not going to be a necromancer as he was illiterate, but boy, finally a worthy opponent! Superhuman physical feats, legendary in spears, fighting, dodging and master in wrestling and a skilled striker. The only thing lacking was the armor skill, but he didn't let that bother. He felt unstoppable.

In we go and as soon as he opened the door a swarm of zombies, ghouls and you name it ran towards him like a pack of hungry wolves. After pushed to the ground a couple of times he decided to give those bastards a run for their money. And run he did, running and stabbing, and quite soon they were all put down like terminally sick dogs. Once again, he didn't get so much as a scratch. I guess this is what made him so cocky and proud, a lack of failure, too much success too easily.

"Give me a real fight!" he shouted a ran the stairs up.

And that's what he got, he was pushed to ground once again by the tsunami of undead. He was trying to lure them to the downstairs to get a more room for fighting but he could not get back to the staircase so he just started bashing, striking, slashing and stabbing left and right! He didn't choose or discriminate, he just started blindly striking down anybody who was dumb enough to come at close range, which was pretty much all of them or at least a room full of candidates.

This lack of focus to aim at the necromancer was the error that cost him his ravenous life, as the necromancer finally struck him down during his attempts to stay on his feet.

But this is only the beginning, a successor is already on his way. He's coming and he will be so much worse, learning from his predecessors mistakes, being more literate and even less emotional, a second stage on the evolution of punishment. Never in the entire history has the world seen this much suffering, this much blood or this much pain.

It is going to be biblical.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: August 15, 2012, 09:12:32 pm »

I recently generated an adventurer who seemed to be so morbidly obese ("belarded with great rolls of fat" or something like that) that his volume was sufficient to heft his bronze two-handed sword in one hand. With only "Skilled" sword skill he was able to bisect several bandits, presumably due to being able to wield such a large sword without the disadvantages of multigrasp.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:39:45 pm by DrKillPatient »
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: August 16, 2012, 03:09:48 am »

Made a human outsider adventurer, with talented knife skill.  Proceeded to hunt some boars in the middle of the wilderness, eating their hearts to consume their strength. 

Then I came across an evil biome.  I wrestled down an emu, mutilated it, then slit its throat while unconscious, my preferred execution style.  I went a bit away, forgetting to butcher it, when I realized...

It had stood up. 

I'm starting to get how evil biomes work now.  So, I fought the zombie emu, stabbed it in the chest, causing it to collapse.  THEN, I butchered it, and ate its heart. 

That's right, I just consumed zombie flesh, WITH NO ILL EFFECTS.

Incidentally, I also learned by by standing next to an animal that's bleeding, you can drink its blood, like how you stand next to a well or pool, and it never runs out. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:49 am »

AAAAAND I walked into an infernal and became a husk. 

8)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: August 16, 2012, 03:55:02 am »

Incidentally, I also learned by by standing next to an animal that's bleeding, you can drink its blood, like how you stand next to a well or pool, and it never runs out.

This can be mimicked.  Fill a waterskin with some liquid (even water, if you're weird like that), go to a clear tile, and empty it out.  Instead of "liquid (3)" on the ground, there will now be "a pool of liquid".  If you stand exactly there (moving will cause it to smear out), you can now fill your waterskin back up from the pool of liquid, plus whatever other containers you might want, plus drink from it.

This means you can always just save the last drop in your 'skin in order to make a pool and then refill your stock from that.

But that's a bit exploity, so nobody actually does that of course...

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:08 am »

I don't remember there being ill effects to eating zobie flesh.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Matt_S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: August 16, 2012, 05:49:03 pm »

First adventurer, I was sneaking around some camels for giggles, when I got spotted.  No big deal, the camels will just disperse.  Except one of them "dispersed" right next to me, broke my spine, and left me to suffocate.

Second adventurer, I was swimming in a river around where it connected to a lake.  Suddenly I fall off an underwater cliff and start drowning.  I died a few spaces away from a river ramp.

Third adventurer, I decide to find some animals to train on.  While I'm wandering around, I encounter a river, and I see a sturgeon.  Cue sneaking, and I approach the sturgeon from the side of the river.  As soon as I get next to it, I receive a vicious beatdown which includes a severed leg and loss of limb control.  I try to escape, but bleed to death after a single movement (and another set of sturgeon fury).
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 1104