Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053438 times)

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4635 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:08 pm »

I've become the Bejeweled Bolt of Fealties. Every human civ I come across hates me for some reason, all for wrestling with one cat in a city several leagues away.

I first realized they all hated me walking into the courtyard of a fortress looking for companions, and although I dismembered the melees once I'd retreated to the gate house in short order the archers severed a motor nerve and I'm crutch-hunting atm.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45:14 am »

Because you did not use magma to kill the cat.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #4637 on: August 03, 2012, 04:18:39 am »

Just fought a bronze collosus for quite awhile in adventure mode. After having been beating on it with a few of my companions, I was about ready to head for the hills and coexist with it peacefully. And then the unlikeliest (or so I thought) of heroes arose.

You stab The Bronze Colossus in the lower body from the side with your iron scimitar, fracturing it!
The Elf Swordsman is no longer stunned.
The Human Stoneworker slashes The Bronze Colossus in the lower body with her iron slicing knife and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Bronze Colossus has been struck down.

I mean, I'm not sure what I expected from an iron slicing knife besides slicing, but evidently they're good enough at slicing to carve Bronze Colossi in half, even only being iron.

Last I checked, with weapons, Iron is equall to bronze.

Last I checked a kitchen knife can't cut an anvil in half. :P
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: August 03, 2012, 05:14:28 am »

My kobold adventurer just got eaten by Carp :(  serves me right for trying to cross a river with no swimming skill.

EDIT:  wow, my second kobold adventurer got stabbed in the head by a human child. -_-  these guys are fragile.

Sure they are...

heh, it was your story that inspired me to try a kobold!
I believe my problem is that I didnt focus on stealth and attempted to straight-up fight everything.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: August 03, 2012, 03:17:24 pm »

My last adventurer died quickly to a bandit commander, so I genned a new world and a new human swordsman. My first quest was to kill an elf that was twisted in some way and weak to copper, I'm guessing some kind of werebeast. Against all logic and sanity, I went to its lair completely alone, and luckily I found it while it was just an elf. He dodged a few of my attacks, but I killed him quickly by stabbing him in the face, so that was pretty easy. I went back to civilization lugging the elf's corpse with me and got some more quests to kill more elves. And when I went to the keep to recruit meatshields, most of the soldiers were elves. This adventure is just going to be filled with elves, isn't it?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4640 on: August 03, 2012, 09:03:25 pm »

I've been trying to gen a world as interesting as my last one- reactions require a regen.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Check the left side there- 4 mountain valleys, one standard, one with a lake in the northern corner, and a duo with a northern containing a desert island in a lake in a mountain valley, behind the second, another desert.
Also, the dark-green river valley speckled with castles, (white dots).
Plus, the centrally-located ocean with two large, separate islands.
And the bottleneck between eastern and western continents, sealed off with a desert and mountain range.
I mean, it's just, why did the seed have to not work?!

-edit
I set quests for myself based on the world (thus adventuremode discussion).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:09:47 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: August 04, 2012, 03:23:03 am »

Contray to my usual playthrough, instead of a elf-hunting kobold, I am playing a kobold hunting elf. Very successful too, wanderer's friend has allowed me to decorate my oaken sword and shield with the teeth of the kobolds I beat to death.

I have savescummed three times now. My modded kobolds are a pain to kill with a wooden sword.

-Edit-

Iferai: kobold, dwarf AND elf hunter extraordinaire! No werebeast will escape the fists of my kobold posse!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:45:07 am by Corai »
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: August 04, 2012, 03:22:57 pm »

Currently I'm working on my bogeyman wonderland challenge and turning the hostile creatures into adventurers traveling to the resting place of "Cursedbog The Angry bane-Trials" a fortress that pretty small but well stock with food and beds. The final goal is to have a town filled with nothing but friendly bogeymen who will talk about their journey to the haven. There currently 3 bogeymen at the place one is the Legendary Bogeyman Bad_trunk who started this goal and keeps protecting the place from roaming bands of thugs, and two Roaming_BOGUES who didn't do anything spectacular.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 03:28:48 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nightcaper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: August 04, 2012, 10:45:59 pm »

Mass wolf killing? I'd be lucky if I FOUND a wolf. I can't find anything to fight in this game, unfortunately, but one time, I got lucky.

I found a bull. I tried to wrestle him. A mistake I will never make again. He smashed my skull through my brains.  :(

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4644 on: August 05, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »

Just how dang rare is it to be large for your race?! I'm going on three dozen here, all average save for 3 shorties.

-edit
speak of the devil.

-edit
Hmm, if you're going to clear the elven scourge out of a valley, what would be the best way to retire afterwards? Are lairs still viable?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:05:36 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: August 05, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »

Just how dang rare is it to be large for your race?! I'm going on three dozen here, all average save for 3 shorties.

-edit
speak of the devil.

-edit
Hmm, if you're going to clear the elven scourge out of a valley, what would be the best way to retire afterwards? Are lairs still viable?
best to build a fort and retire it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #4646 on: August 06, 2012, 01:27:44 pm »

Does a hole in the ground count as a fort?
Badges of honor

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: August 06, 2012, 01:57:23 pm »

Does a hole in the ground count as a fort?

In DF? Absolutely!
In Minecraft? Not a chance.
in Harvest Moon? Err..

SniperComZero

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: August 06, 2012, 05:13:40 pm »

So I just started my first Real Adventure, with a dwarf. Suddenly, Humans come out of nowhere and attack me. Luckily, I'm a Speardwarf with Armor and Shield Proficiencies. So I think I just killed 5 people. And a Child.

StreetPizza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: August 07, 2012, 02:38:30 am »

Well, I just lost another good companion. He was a silver maul-slinging hammerman who had a few kills under his belt before he ended up bleeding out with his legs chopped off by bandits. If you've read my other posts in this thread, you probably know what comes next.

That's right, I built a funeral pyre. But this time it was different!

After I did the usual "pile up dead enemies, their weapons, and their money and burn them as an offering" thing, I noticed that my other companion, an axeman who couldn't walk or hold his axe anymore because of wounds sustained in the same battle that killed his friend, didn't move away from the fire with me.

He stayed in the funeral pyre, right on top of a burning strawberry bush.

He wanted to go out with his buddy. Now that his arms and legs were useless, there wasn't much else for him in this world.

Yep, that's what he did. That was totally not because he was actually trapped by the flames and couldn't move.
the soapmaker Urist McSudsy has come!  Beware his deadly cleansing action!
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 1104