Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102096 times)

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4575 on: July 19, 2012, 02:49:13 pm »

I have finally learned the secrets of life and death for the first time! And I did with a completely fresh adventurer, with no gear other than the stuff he started with (a bronze mace and a bronze shield). It was quite simple actually. All I had to do was lure the zombie and necromancer mass away from the tower, and circle around the group to isolate the necromancers. Once the necromancers were isolated, they were pretty easy to strike down (although they sometimes only got injured and then went back into the mass, forcing me to drag the mass away from them and then circle around to kill the necromancers). Once I killed the necromancers, I basically kept moving in one direction and waited for a single zombie to come up to me so I could collapse it, so I could always get the first strike, and repeated until the mass was dead. However, one armed goblin zombie got a good shot at my foot and so I only barely made it through the first day. I then slept once the horde was dead, and I came back the next day more or less fully healed.

Then to my dismay I found that there was a new pair of necromancers and their minions in the first floor, so I had to repeat my dance again (thankfully, I had the good sense to go around the tower to the back, so that the necromancers couldn't re-animate the first horde again). Once I cleared them out, I quickly entered the tower and went to the pile of slabs and picked up one before the zombies and necromancers from the second floor could come down. Then I read it, and viola, Reloth Coslanaquuv (Ferriedveil) became a necromancer and master of the secrets of life and death. Coming up next: a coup d'état in the local law-giver's fortress (sadly, not a demon), and then marching an army of elite soldier zombies against the the populace of her home nation. And then, what the heck, the populace of every nation. Learning the secrets of life and death does strange things to your mind :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:44:35 pm by Un67 »

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 19, 2012, 02:56:23 pm »

A LOT OF TALKING
I found a slab in a human fortress. It was just lying on the ground and getting covered in snow. Unfortunately I had put no points into reading, so it was only useful as an extremely heavy misc. object.

Headhanger, is your armor user skill at legendary? That might be your speed issue.
I wasn't wearing any armour at the time - Eric Blank had the right idea. Now if only I could find that crutch again...

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 19, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »

I found a slab in a human fortress. It was just lying on the ground and getting covered in snow. Unfortunately I had put no points into reading, so it was only useful as an extremely heavy misc. object.

Those slabs are basically travel guides to the fortress penned by the local friendly demonic-lawgiver, though. I actually found one of those this game.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 19, 2012, 05:29:01 pm »

I managed to throw an elf into myself, the impact of which knocked me back 12 squares bouncing across the ground all the way and fatally bashing my own skull in in the process.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 19, 2012, 06:51:29 pm »

Crutches act wierd. I think you have to pick it back up and 'p'ut it in a container from your hand to get it to stop.

Actually I just tested it in adventure mode, and you have to drop them on the ground. Then you can put them back in your backpack.

Yeah, if you "p"ut it in a container, it will stay effective until you drop another one.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:48 am »

I managed to throw an elf into myself, the impact of which knocked me back 12 squares bouncing across the ground all the way and fatally bashing my own skull in in the process.
I can only imagine you had some prodigious biceps. And, you know, a solid disregard for physics. Wow.

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 20, 2012, 08:07:46 pm »

Running in front of a thrown elf-death of the day right there ;D

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 20, 2012, 10:57:57 pm »

See, this is why you remove the bungee cord before you throw the elf.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 21, 2012, 03:15:35 am »

I have declared a solo war on frogmen.

Thus far many have fallen to my tower cap table of justice.

Needed the pick to disable them though.

But yes, I am using a table as my primary weapon otherwise.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 21, 2012, 04:06:22 am »

A table? Bah. I kill people with wheelbarrows.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 21, 2012, 04:09:16 am »

Screw you, my table of justice is only beatable by minecarts.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 21, 2012, 10:33:33 am »

why use wepons, I use fisttocufs...
and an axe
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: July 21, 2012, 10:52:46 am »

So any one notice how fire tiles will act like walls that you need to alt tab to walk through? Because I got hit with a fire ball and was in gulf in flames and was lock out of normal moving. does this mean fire attacks are ten times deadlier now because the new "behavior" functions causes AI to unable to leave a wall of flame.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 21, 2012, 11:38:07 am »

So any one notice how fire tiles will act like walls that you need to alt tab to walk through? Because I got hit with a fire ball and was in gulf in flames and was lock out of normal moving. does this mean fire attacks are ten times deadlier now because the new "behavior" functions causes AI to unable to leave a wall of flame.

Yes. Way, way deadlier. Creatures on fire are completely immobilized, and completely incapable of surviving. Well, fireproof creatures that still ignite would burst into flames and never move, I guess...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 21, 2012, 03:08:51 pm »

Makes me want a great humanoid composed of coal to attack a dragon and then stand there forever more a burning mass.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1104