Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100088 times)

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #390 on: August 02, 2010, 01:40:48 am »

My teammate went missing, and now I'm just training sneak in a fortress. Along the way, I gained a speardwarf companion. Woo.

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 04, 2010, 12:46:35 am »

I had a pretty good adventurer going, killed a dragon and a minotaur and then started wandering underground with my swordsdwarf and hammerman buddies.  I lost them somewhere, and stumbled across the hammerman's corpse later.  I saw the dwarf briefly, he looked too wounded to move but he disappeared when I went to look for the hammerman.  No idea what got them.  On the way out I had to cut my way through two dozen troglodytes, a blind cave bear, a troll, a gorlak, a GCS, and a giant toad.  I was heading back up to the surface when I went up a ramp straight into a horse.  It kicked my spine in half with the first shot, and then broke all my limbs.  I suffocated while trying to crawl my way back up.

Goddamn horses.
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 04, 2010, 10:25:48 am »

Searching for towns and retreats to kill as my Nightwing.
I want to find an actual shop so Maybe I can get a better sword then my scimitar.
So far taken out 3 gobbo forts, 3 hydras, an elf retreat, and a war elephant retreat.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 04, 2010, 06:34:55 pm »

Searching for towns and retreats to kill as my Nightwing.
I want to find an actual shop so Maybe I can get a better sword then my scimitar.
So far taken out 3 gobbo forts, 3 hydras, an elf retreat, and a war elephant retreat.
Wait...you burned down an elven Animal retreat?
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:11 pm »

I was using the defense mod which gives war elephants their own towns.

I now have 121 notable kills and 101 other kills on my bronze scimitar.

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2010, 03:39:51 am »

My human pikeman has been waging a war with a cave full of trogs and ettins. Due to their sheer numbers, I've been forced to make several small raids, each time killing a few more trogs. In my last raid I managed to kill one of the ettins.

Edit: Bleh, after a big battle with two ettins and some trogs my adventurer had its legs mauled by a lion and can no longer stand, so I retired it in a village near the cave.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:20:14 am by Flying Carcass »

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2010, 06:22:44 am »

You should heal after a few years.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Ethereal.Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2010, 03:22:04 pm »

My adventurer just recovered the full set of adamantine armor my previous fort made before abandon. No weapon, but I'm gonna grab the upright spoiler and run like hell to get that.
Can't you also damn rivers by causing a wall to drop into the water via cave-in?
I figured you could always damn a river by channeling out it out all the way into Hell.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2010, 03:47:30 pm »

Is there any other way to get adamatine or other kinds of good weapon/armor without having a fort there?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2010, 06:02:51 pm »

So I'm visiting an abandoned fort, and decided to talk to a baby. She called me a badass. Awesome.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:39 pm »

I was a drow in mixmod (it's the shit for adventure mode, try it.) and killed an ettin. I took his left-left ear. Then I got mauled by silver geckos.Materials test: Suped up steel short swords are better than bronze chainsaws.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 06, 2010, 04:08:43 am »

Edit: Bleh, after a big battle with two ettins and some trogs my adventurer had its legs mauled by a lion and can no longer stand, so I retired it in a village near the cave.
Retirement is the best thing to do. Now make a fort close-by that supplies you with crutches, abandon it and go find one with the retired fellow. Then it's time for another adventure!

I've tried it successfully (after a land shark bit half my leg off, leaving a massive jagged scar), but then I finally succumbed to a bad case of bronze colossus.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 06, 2010, 07:32:02 pm »

Holy crap. I was battling a Steam Specter valiantly when it knocked me down. I tried to struggle to my feet. It bashed me down. I once again tried to get up and was batted down like a toy. This cycle continued until I was at the lip of the glowing pit, staring my doom in the face. In a last ditch effort, I flung my large copper knife at the demon.

It worked. The knife pierced the specter's abdomen and he crumpled to the ground, dead.
I need to draw/animate this so much.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 07, 2010, 02:53:03 am »

^Hmmm...aren't enemies made of such stuff (steam, snow, etc) usually weak or "brittle"? Meh, It still leaves quite the mental image of an epic battle while a climatic,full of latin chanting BGM is playing. ;D
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 07, 2010, 04:24:18 am »

Today I stabbed a random child in the stomach and threw him to death with his own vomit. Then I repeated that procedure eleven times.
I was honored with the nice title "the Veil of Fences" for that.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 1104