Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096054 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3330 on: February 14, 2012, 09:44:13 pm »

Just killed a vampire in a temple, and took a look at some of the wall engravings.  This is the first one I saw:

Nothing unusual here.

EDIT:  I was thirsty, so I went through the list of things I had available to eat/drink.  At the bottom were a couple splatters of the vampire's blood.  I drank them.  Am I a vampire now?  How would I know?

EDITEDIT:  Yup, I'm a vampire.  I just drank the blood of a lady in her castle, and apparently transformed fully.  I guess I'm immortal now?  I don't think I'm weak to sunlight or anything, but I'm not sure how to find out my other traits.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:09:58 pm by Gizogin »
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: February 14, 2012, 10:00:16 pm »

I got shot three times in the catacombs under a city.  Thankfully my friends took out the crossbowman, but I was drifting into unconsciousness every few turns and it was lagging terribly, so I waited for an hour.  Game does its usual unloading and loading thing, I come back fully healed as usual.  My companions are nowhere to be seen.  I hit "c" and they're a z level above me, one of them is three z levels up.  And I dropped my axe during the previous fight.

Oh, did I mention there was a crossbowman RIGHT NEXT TO ME?  As in, literally one square away.  He shot me the in the head and killed me with literally no chance to do anything.  I guess I should have seen this coming playing a new version of the game.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: February 14, 2012, 11:33:09 pm »

I'm giving up on adventure mode until the encounters are toned down. It's become impossible to move at all, there's nothing fun about getting into a fight every two steps it feels like a chore to go anywhere.

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: February 14, 2012, 11:40:15 pm »

I took down ONE vamp, and that took 3 of my companions and gave me a weird randomly stunned syndrome thing.
Now I've to deal with THIS THING?! 

*cowers with the rest of the populance*

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 14, 2012, 11:46:08 pm »

New build, found some companions and we managed to safetly reach a fort!  A small victory!  But it turned out to be an ever bigger victory when I found where the items were to loot, found a bunch of iron/copper armor! 

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: February 15, 2012, 12:16:25 am »

First adventurer, first game mode played, first hostile creature encountered, first attack.

The flying iron arrow strikes You in the throat, tearing it through the sheep wool robe!
A major artery has been opened by the attack!

...This is looking to be a very Fun version already.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: February 15, 2012, 01:11:32 am »

I'm giving up on adventure mode until the encounters are toned down. It's become impossible to move at all, there's nothing fun about getting into a fight every two steps it feels like a chore to go anywhere.

Generate the world with lower savagery then. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: February 15, 2012, 01:16:29 am »

First adventurer, first game mode played, first hostile creature encountered, first attack.

The flying iron arrow strikes You in the throat, tearing it through the sheep wool robe!

You, sir, are one unlucky bastard. :P

My adventurer is still rolling like a spherical boulder off a steep mountain. The only things to slow me down are the constant need to replace my army of "trained soldiers" and that DF seems to randomly crash without any warning or excuse.

At 75 notable kills now, and just before the most recent crash I learned the location of both my current quest targets, and how much trouble to expect form them. The first bandit group under this temple I'm in is fairly pathetic and spread too thinly. The vast army of bandits literally right under the city's keep is just that; a vast army of banditos.

I've been having trouble with the tamed animals in the market on the surface slowing the FPS, so I've made all domestic animals to suffocate. Cat corpses everywhere!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:20:59 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:35 am »

Waiting for genesis mod to be updated

I shall be the first necromancer...

With a phalus army
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: February 15, 2012, 01:37:15 am »

A sad day for Hodell Zobshaocba, his longtime companion Minat the weaver was brutally slain in an ambush. :(
He avenged her himself, with a bloodthirsty rage which prompted him, when his copper dagger failed to harm a foe, to bite their throat and tear it out in a spray of blood. Even the bandit chieftain seemed to hesitate at that, before charging. A gruelling battle ensued, eventually ended by a stab to the chief's foot which rendered him helpless.
Hodell soldiers on, Minat's corpse stuffed in his backpack, and is now leading a small party of soldiers into the sewers of a local city in search of outlaw amphibian men. He just took an arrow to the chest and has made a short tactical retreat.
Now it is time to press on...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lumix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: February 15, 2012, 01:44:38 am »

Oh i hear that tale.

I wandered over a hill and got hit by a flying dagger in the leg, severing a motor nerve.

To say the least, I threw an absolute shitfit irl.
I know it's fairly common but I killed 180+ people in his civilization before I went after him. I was kind of hoping for something a bit more substantial than a sucker punch and penis theft.

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:03 am »

What is the tilesetty thing you're using?
It's a 10x10 one I made myself:

Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:40 am »

Well this was a shock. I finally managed to reach a human town, was poking around all the various shops to see what I could find, when I came upon a horrifying scene - the Tanner's Shop was filled with bodies! The tanner himself was dead, along with what were presumably three other customers/merchants, and bones littered the floors, along with the hand and teeth of some named person I have yet to identify.

On the bright side, I guess all this loot is mine now!

Edit: Lol ok, so actually hidden under all the blood were actually two more LIVE elves and a human. They are all currently rolling around in the blood stabbing each other with knives. I have no idea what to do, haha.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:08:53 am by Chandrak »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26:59 am »

Gulo Roarheal has begun her adventure. She leaves Jestpalm with Alir Apusagmo, a bowman, and Medon Raconrostfen, a crossbowman.

Her first quest is to kill a werecreature, who is only harmed by bronze. Good thing she carries a bronze sword.
Along the way, Gulo is ambushed by a mob of kangaroos- her friends disable two of them with bolts, while Gulo moves in to put them out of their misery. The other kangaroos flee. Gulo sets about the task of dissecting the kangaroo, for she has heard of the high protein content of kangaroo meats.

Gulo has butchered both the kangaroos, giving her a large store of food for now. She's thirsty, and has to find a river. There's not one close by, so she soldiers on.

Gulo nears the lair of the werebeast, when her group are ambushed by the Foolish Curse, a well known bandit group. Gulo engages a macegoblin while Alir and Medon unload their weapons into several goblins, crippling them while they wait for Gulo to finish off her foe.

A hammergoblin sneaks up on Gulo while she is flailing at the wounded macegoblin, but with a lightning fast reflex she whirls and cuts the hammergoblin's hand off, who takes one look at the stump spouting his foul blood and faints. Gulo then severs his other arm.

Medon takes a bad hit and is badly wounded. He lays on the ground, with his body leaking blood everywhere, so Gulo leaves the two crippled goblins she is fighting and rushes to him to engage the axegoblin standing over him.
Gulo and the axegoblin are engaged in a stalemate until finally Gulo manages to hit him in the foot, making him faint. Gulo then bisects the axegoblin, saving Medon.

Meanwhile, Alir has been fighting a pikegoblin. She holds her own, taking no injuries at all, even managing to get a good hit in by bashing the goblin with her bow, who promptly vomits up his breakfast.
The pikegoblin looks up at Gulo, then vomits and cowers before Gulo's onslaught. Gulo manages to cut the goblin's arm off, who faints.

Alir decides to try goblin. She bites the goblin's foot, and finds it not to her taste, so she lets go.

Eventually, given how thirsty she is, Gulo decides to drink the mingled kangaroo and goblin blood. The taste is odd, and not unwelcome. It sates her thirst.

The battle over, Gulo does a once-over on her friends. Alir has a cut on her arm, not serious, but Medon is very badly wounded.
Suddenly, a flying arrow comes out of nowhere! Gulo catches it on her shield and looks around wildly, to find a wounded goblin bowman. She and Alir advance on the bowman. The bowgoblin is easily destroyed.

Medon is set upon by a formerly wounded axegoblin, who Gulo thought she had run off. Medon manages to evade the goblin's strikes while Alir and Gulo sprint to his aid. Alir gets to him first and gets an axe to the thigh for her troubles. Gulo cuts into the goblin's stomach with her sword.

Elsewhere, a goblin hammerman gurgles and dies as he suffocates. Gulo manages to score a hit on the axegoblin's spine, rendering his arms useless. He drops his axe and shield. Medon crawls away from the battle to rest.
Gulo finally manages to defeat the axegoblin.

Gulo and the now badly wounded Alir attempt to find where Medon is; he had left a trail of blood.

They come across a corpse that is undoubtably Medon's. He fought well, and died well.
Gulo takes his helm and puts it on her head, and hefts up his corpse. He will be returned home.
Rest in peace, Medon Raconrostfen.

With that, Gulo has now got a title. She is Gulo Budoasla Casluperad, or Gulo Roarheal 'The Contest of Voices'.

Aaaand then after Gulo rests near the lair, having given Alir some food and drink, they are attacked by the remnants of the Foolish Curse. Alir fights well initially, but then takes a heavy hit, rendering her left arm useless. She faints from the pain, while Gulo thunders toward her. Gulo stands over the unconscious Alir, fighting off Goblin after goblin until Alir turns white and dies.

Grim, Gulo picks her corpse up too and advances on the lair of Nimu Veilpaints, a werecreature from the local town she was sent to kill.

Nimu appears just to be a peasant. Gulo hesitates, while Nimu bounds up and bites her arm, scoring the first hit anyone has made on Gulo. Gulo loses the use of her shield, and manages to bisect the werecreature. Gulo staggers away, with her arm pouring with blood.

The blood finally stops running, and Gulo feels a bit faint. She deems herself healthy enough to travel, and starts to travel. Soon, she is set upon by five wolves. She decides to outrun them, as she's fast and has to get back to town.

She does manage to outrun them, but at the river side she's attacked by the same wolves.

She outruns these ones too, finding herself at an impasse she leaps into the water and wades across.

The Foolish Curse are strong indeed. Gulo is attacked by another group of them.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:39:32 am by Reudh »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: February 15, 2012, 02:59:30 am »

I feel Gulo's pain. I've been assaulted numerous times by a goblin group called the Mint Witches. They've been the bane of my companions' existance since I crossed the hills to this new group of cities.

I finally defeated the bandits in the dungeons under the keep, and packed all the loot (there was so much!) upstairs after realizing that they respawn every time you travel away. The leaders don't respawn, however.

Now I want to find myself a necromancer's tower, another maybe another werebeast/vampire to give me the chance to collect their blood for testing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1104