Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096557 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3045 on: October 31, 2011, 02:14:59 am »

Ongi Swordteacher decided that the elves must die, so she headed to an elven town, equipped with a -larch training sword- and a copper shield. After a few kills, she decided to use her hands, and sometimes her sword to kill people trying to sneak up on her.

One of them (Ula Alofidale) lost their head; it replace the sword. Hilarity ensued when the head proved to be an effective head-smashy object in the left hand. One of the elf houses had the corpse of Rosmic Birithru Egafel Rane, wearing elf hair and bone bling. She took his stuff, then grabbed his corpse in her right hand, put away the shield and put on his badass great white shark coat to replace the wool coat, ready to finish his job to KILL ALL THE ELVES!

Also, she's collecting knives for the Adventurer Cave. It has the corpse of an ettin her predecessor killed.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: October 31, 2011, 05:50:08 am »

I'm still beginning but i just 1 shot a goblin chief with a thrown silver halberd. When my enemies get closer i always let them make the last step so i dont get opportunity attacks against me. Throwing fills the gap nicely
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: October 31, 2011, 06:43:46 pm »

633 kills, most of them elves. :)

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: November 01, 2011, 03:38:51 pm »

Find myself in increasingly protective, yet silly looking armor. Menaces with spikes, adorned in hanging rings etc. DEPICTS ACORN AND MAPLE! That will strike fear in the hearts of men.

Also, can't wait for the update that could see adventurers join your fortress....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: November 01, 2011, 06:13:58 pm »

nice pic :)
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

DisgruntledPeasant

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: November 01, 2011, 06:15:41 pm »

ShieldBearer became a legend in the human kingdom, fighting in a bizarre technique where she held a shield in each hand and bludgeoned her foes to death with them,  she carried with her the tooth of an early companion who was slain by bandits,  when she was feeling particularly vengeful she would wield this tooth as a mighty weapon.

She enlisted followers wherever she went, building a small army, composed mostly of a village militia force, they would go hunting great beasts and bandits, until one day Shieldbearer's force came upon a fortress that was abandoned save for a few horses.
Little did they know the horses were the most vicious and bloodthirsty beasts they had ever laid eyes on.
The band of over 20, who had slain hydras, ettins and bandit hordes together (and also a Titan composed of snow, that had apparently killed dozens of adventurers, that was slain by an elderly suturer) had finally met their match.

It was a bloodbath, brains were kicked in and lungs broken, the horses themselves took a few hits but only one or two casualties,  Shieldbearer herself was still unscathed by the time the last of her small army fell but she was hopelessly outnumbered.   Smashing ribs and skulls left and right she fought on and after a long and arduous battle she emerged victorious but badly battered, yet worst of all night was drawing near and she was alone...

She marched as fast as she could toward the nearest town,  but she was ambushed, not by bogeymen as she had feared, but by a band of bandits-  no doubt wanting to exact revenge for their brethren.  All hope was lost, except, what was this?  a stampede of Rhinoceroses entered the fray!  Whilst the bandit forces were distracted, disembowelled and otherwise cut to pieces Shieldbearer jumped into action and did what she did best- smashing skulls.

She passed out from the pain of her wounds several times, but she managed to kill five bandits, and fend off a number of wild beasts in her struggle, but alas she gave into the pain one last time and she died where she lay, a crossbow bolt to the back of the head whilst unconscious.  What a way for such a hero to die.

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: November 01, 2011, 06:56:45 pm »

485 kills so far to my adventurer, and he's still not even been injured once and only spotted twice.  I'm training striker now so I keep beating up groundhogs and badgers.

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: November 02, 2011, 07:25:30 pm »

My adventurer now has one notable kill, an ettin.  He was sneaking the entire time and sustained no injuries.  I found that slashing with my sword did nothing but scratching fractured everything.  I eventually had to choke him though. 

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: November 02, 2011, 10:22:47 pm »

Ongi Swordteacher had her left hand get its motor nerve severed. After looking around fruitlessly for a solution, she found none was to be had and decided to commit suicide. by BC.

She managed to knock it down on her first strike, then spent three days stabbing and slashing the ever-living hell out of the big ol' guy until he died. Now, she wields a 495 weight statue, a steel sword, and a copper shield in her right hand. And, ever since retiring in an elf village once, animals seem to leave her alone. Even when she attacks them.

Oh, yeah, and this. It's a list of everything that isn't an elf or animal she killed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: November 03, 2011, 01:55:17 pm »

Okay playing as Jubeo Increpoflamma Dehiscospina a former Human soldier that was infected long ago, she now walks the earth as a carrier of a disease that turns humans into hungry lepers that spew bile. the Dfusion mods set up makes her able to befriend any 'zombies'(normal zombies) though can't befriend infected(the race). that and any human hurt in the hand or lungs will turn into an infected and if they happen to die, they turn into a zombie. some how these two changes cause enemies to switch sides if they happen to fight a former ally, I guess them killing one of their own cause them to be cast in a bad light and shift the loyalty around, making them non-hostile to the adventurer.
so pretty much my adventurers with this infected humans are wait for someone to send me on a bandit raid, nibble on one bandit's hand back off talk to the guy attacking the now infected bandit to ask him to join my ranks, play around with the archers and pistolmen then finish off the quest kill after he/she was weaken by zombies. usually I just leave the site in it's zombie ridden state and move to the next hamlet.

some how I made a human pus backpack?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: November 03, 2011, 08:43:27 pm »

I accidentally the fastest friggin adventurer

Not even close to maxxed out either.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: November 05, 2011, 05:50:59 pm »

I accidentally the fastest friggin adventurer

Not even close to maxxed out either.
My quickest adventurer was at 10000
I just got a quest to kill a bear, who, having no mercy, stole CORN!
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: November 05, 2011, 06:21:46 pm »

We've all been there...

What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: November 05, 2011, 06:57:30 pm »

declared war on the civ I started in, also expecting that if I up my butchering skill enough I can get *prepared wolf intestines*
will I have to go far to quest and such?
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: November 05, 2011, 08:07:09 pm »

I really don't think it's possible to get quality modifiers on butchery products. But yes, you will have to flee for your effin life to escape your civ's wrath and find one that will take you in. Prepare your bogeyman spray :P

My adventures ended abruptly after recruiting my old retired adventurer. We were ambushed by the same band of orcs that defeated that older adventurer's party and ended her career. I used dfusion to switch to her perspective and successfully killed a few after my newer, tougher adventurer was slaughtered without getting a shot in (the ringleader broke my one good hand, meaning I dropped everything and became a punching bag from lack of crutches)

Sadly, nobody made it out of that alive. Orcs are freaking terrifying, even when I do remember to reinstate their blood and pus related tags.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1104