Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096717 times)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3030 on: October 27, 2011, 01:44:01 pm »

Was sent to kill a flying Yoma, I got bum rushed and knocked on the ground pretty fast, however I managed to tear apart the Yoma's foot so it wasn't that agile anymore, then I stabbed it in the chest and got the heart tore apart, however it didn't die die as fast as I though...In meantime it managed to shatter my left hip and both wrists, luckily it passed out due blood loss or pain or whatever and I had my chance to kick it's head in. So I won.

So then I had to sleep in it's lair a whole night and crawl my way back to the nearest village where I retired.

Psshhh.

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 27, 2011, 06:10:00 pm »

I am currently making my way through a cave, in search of glorious battle and, inevitably, caverns from which I will assault the forces of *spoiler* and steal, but not use, their upright *redacted*.
...You can do that? There are natural paths that lead that far down?

Huh. And here I thought you had to build a fortress and dig down manually. I guess that makes things easier. For a given definition of "easier."
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Cocoprimate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 27, 2011, 07:38:17 pm »

It's not easier. It would probably take less time to find one of those in a player fort, than to go looking for it down the caves.
The story of Aban Diamondtowns the Charms of Society, dwarf legend, and his descent into the depths. (SPOILER)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=79229.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: October 27, 2011, 10:16:50 pm »

And the given definition of easier he speaks of is the insanely difficult one. :P

And if you read it all, I didn't even continue through the caverns. That would just be ridiculous; I don't even have the attention span to consider it. The caverns become unbelievably boring for adventurers.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 28, 2011, 05:05:34 am »

my own world is "the oracular realm". the main continent is called "continent of love". why the fuck???
answer: there is exactly 224 dwarves in the whole fucking world. i counted.

My adventurer is a demigod axeman. more than 50 notable kills :P
Currently trying to reform his little army after losing ten mens in the wood. I maj+T while they were still sleeping... dammit...
I also recover from two goblins ambush. the second was while i was sleeping outdoor. I got my foot stabbed but still managed to kill several goblins while lying on ground. My skillz are so great that a single square hit to the head kills.  :P
I killed unnumbered bandits like that. "prepare to die!" "lets see!" *swing his axe* *the bandit keep jumping* "you scum!" *grab bandit leader by throat, choke, strangle* *the bandit passes out* *the severed head flies off in an ark*

Also another fun ambush, earlier: we were 15. human bandits ambushes us. and a fucking herd of elephants right next to us. Of course my soldiers went to the elephants... three deads. it was a total mess. I was relieved when the pachyderms flee the combat zone. We then dispatched the bandits with ease.
Still, the habit of your allies to attack anything in sight (including freaking giant capybaras: one arm, one hand, one leg lost. and a capybara man right in the ocean waves) is a greater danger than any ambush...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Zyzivix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 30, 2011, 01:44:25 am »

I just found a fortress full of elk, I have no clue whats going on here

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 30, 2011, 02:11:26 pm »

Ongi Swordteacher the Peaceful Innocence of Delights killed seventeen goblins. Not just any seventeen goblins. Seventeen fully armed goblins who had killed and staked Ricdil Shockwilted the Angelic Martyr of Doctrines, who had cheerfully soloed an ettin.

Peaceful Innocence of Delights. Seventeen kills. I'm getting the impression of this Zen sword master, running around in circles, stabbing people in the feet, chopping off thumbs, bashing faces with shields...

Oh, yeah, I modified bones to be as hard as iron. No instant kills with cheap headshots!

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 30, 2011, 02:15:48 pm »

Training my adventurer in ambushing and biting.  I'm up to legendary ambusher+40 and legendary biter+2 so far. 

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 30, 2011, 02:28:54 pm »

I modified bones to be as hard as iron. No instant kills with cheap headshots!

I have a few questions about this. Are blunt weapons useless like this? And how hard is it to sever limbs? If blunt weapons are still good and limbs aren't impossible to sever I might look into modding it that way myself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: October 30, 2011, 02:59:00 pm »

It's kind of hard to sever, actually.  I'm probably going to replace it with copper to see how that works out.

Code: [Select]
[IMPACT_YIELD:542500] Was 1080000, but just using 3.5x tensile multiples for everything until better numbers are available, which might not be likely
[IMPACT_YIELD:245000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:770000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:175]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:245000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:770000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:175] 140
[TENSILE_YIELD:70000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:220000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58] 120
[TORSION_YIELD:70000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:220000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:145]
[SHEAR_YIELD:70000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:220000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:145] 48
[BENDING_YIELD:70000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:220000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:58]

I think.

Also:

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:00:44 pm by Ross Vernal »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 30, 2011, 03:16:39 pm »

Hmm. I'll see if it's still possible to snap necks with this and report my results.

EDIT: I must have not done it right or something. I decapitated a badger first thing, then chopped a troll's hands and feet off before snapping his neck and leaving him to suffocate. I think I'll try replacing the numbers with steel or adamantine and see what happens.

EDIT 2: Replaced it with adamantine and immediately cut two night creatures in half... then fought two human bandits and haven't done a thing to their bones, although I snapped one's neck and severed all the nerves in the other's left leg. I guess my initial problem was not attacking humans? Anyway, thanks. :3
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 03:37:02 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: October 30, 2011, 04:03:23 pm »

I decided to post in third person again! Sufficiently disturbing, I suppose.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh, and also rather long :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: October 30, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »

for some reason my adventurers just cant get off the ground:
the first one was attacked by a bucher in the near by town a hard fight due to low skill he cut of the adventurer's hand.

the second was a Kobold he was attack by a werewolf hunter useing cuteboldfu he killed his attack and ran for the hills, it was as night closed in that he found a small cave planing to shelter for the night.
sady the cave was home to a wolf that rip he limb from limb.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: October 30, 2011, 06:17:39 pm »

Ongi Swordteacher stabbed a giant until it passed out, then proceeded to have fun with it.

Broke both knees, both wrists, and gouged out both eyes. Now she's punching the blind, rolling giant to death. Bones are *still* iron at this point, mind you.

EDIT: He suffocated. Swordteacher is now a Competent Striker, a Legendary +2 Swordswoman, a Legendary +3 Fighter, and a Legendary Swimmer.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:34:47 pm by Ross Vernal »

Couchmonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: October 30, 2011, 06:57:50 pm »

I hate rhinos in forts right infront of the door of the other side -.-
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1104