Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096743 times)

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2985 on: October 05, 2011, 01:10:27 am »

Practicing my biting skill on a groundhog, bit it in the head, then stuffed it's upper body in and bit that too, then the lower body, and finally the tail. had tooth grips on all 4 at the same time, too bad it did not give me the swallow option at than point :-)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: October 05, 2011, 01:39:03 am »

Made a male goblin, talented knife user, went to a small village, found a random house, cleared out all its inhabitants except for one farmer.  I choked him into unconsciousness, then cut off his right hand.

I proceeded to fast travel a distance away, sleep, then head back to the village, the very same house, and found the farmer ( whom I later named, "Subject" ) and cut of Subject's left hand.

Rinse and repeat, I methodically dismembered him, one body part per day, until his hands and feet were gone, and his face was very mutilated.  However, I had a lot of trouble cutting of his arm.  Even with just a knife, my adept knife user should have been able to perform the surgery. 

Eventually, I learned that by removing the shirt and coat, I could cut of the arms, and by removing the pants and underwear, I could cut off the legs.  Sadly, I did not finish my work on Subject, because I accidentally broke his spine using auto-attack, undoubtedly due to a benevolent god's effort to spare this poor creature from suffering any more at my evil doctor's blade.

Oh well, time to find a new participant. 

Edit: Found a new participant, a female macewoman, successfully amputated all of her limbs.  Pics:

And this is my goblin surgeon, Derm DeathFire ( I chose the name ) the Contingent Slayer of Vice:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:18:27 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tel Riker

• Bay Watcher
  • [Probably_Alive]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 05, 2011, 03:04:48 am »

DF, one of the only games in which sneaking into a poor mans house each night, removing his clothing and cutting off one of his limbs is acceptable.
!!NEW!!

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: October 05, 2011, 07:52:46 pm »

Side-note: For some reason, enemy archers can stick a bolt through my chest from across the screen--without needing to see me--, but my archers can only hit a toe from 10 tiles. What the HELL is wrong with this game?

Dwarf Fortress realistically implements the Murphy's Law. Your archers will be just as accurate when you're about to strike a killing blow on something.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 07, 2011, 01:14:55 pm »

I made a new character who is part of the evil species I'm working on right now. (I also have my mod thrown in.)
I got tasked to kill a cougar.
So I went to it's lair.
I broke it's neck with my tail, and finished it off.
Then I butchered it and took the remains.
I went to town, smithed up an iron longsword, and sold it + several other items for a silly but awesome shield. A copper artificial baby. (Very high chance to block.)
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

ClkWrkJester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 07, 2011, 04:38:30 pm »

I made a heroic Kobold Outsider, Threeple.

Threeple took up his spear.

Threeple set his little sights upon a simple outlaw.

Threeple was carved in half immediately by a battle axe.

Poor Threeple.

Added: Threeple Jr had a good run of success in killing foxes and turkeys to make some clothes, but when he tried to attack a groundhog, the Grizzly I hadn't seen made short work of him.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:53:49 pm by ClkWrkJester »
Carve out a massive pit and construct a copper block tower! Challenge those goblin bastards with your phallus of justice!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 07, 2011, 08:30:23 pm »

walk into a hydra hamlet.
duck out into a empty fortress genesis sure does love it's FUN!
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: October 07, 2011, 08:37:54 pm »

One of my guys is running around frantically, trying to dash his way under a hamlet, to cheat-fast-travel out, because my ex-companion wouldn't move his ass to get out of my way so I could EXIT THE CAVERNS THE WAY WE CAME IN. I hate them...

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 08, 2011, 02:09:57 am »

I went to two lairs after getting 3 companions, killed the creatures in the lairs, then I went to a kobold bandit camp.
Every Kobold I fought got their necks broken by my tail. Then I took some of the sweet loot and bought me some armor. Life is great when your tail has the [LIMB] tag.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:02:19 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: October 10, 2011, 06:39:17 am »

I started out my adventurer as a Corrupt, starting out by going in and killing the local jaguar that was harassing everybody in a nearby village. On my way back, I was blindsided by a group of bandits, who I easily dispatched. As soon as I told the villagers of my kill of the jaguar, they all said I also killed an outlaw that lived in the hills, rather impressed that I was able to kill another of their problems without even knowing it.  I continued my epic tale north, where I found a camp just north of a small fortress. As soon as I went on the outskirts of the camp, I knew something was wrong. I came in, charging for attack; But all I find are two rotten corpses, all drenched in red. Apparently someone already claimed their lives, who I vowed to kill for claiming two kills that were supposed to me mine.  I continued my quest into the fortress, recruiting a great band of fighters, lashers and crossbowmen and women.  We all headed to the local capital, where I asked the king for their service.  Apparently a night creature was harassing their townsfolk, so I heartfully agreed, hoping to find my first real challange.  The journey was alot longer than I had first thought, as soon we were knee deep in Bogeymen corpse, but I didn't mind.  As long as I had my journeymen with me, we were unstoppable!  We found the entrance, seeing a pile of bones, skins, and the occasional table or two.  I stepped in fully, suddenly hearing the booming "Prepare to Die!"

My group was going to go kill her with me, since they had vowed to follow me in glory and death.  As I was observing, I suddenly looked back at the bones. Those bones were from the outlaw corpses I saw not too long ago!  I proceeded to come up to the creature, filled with vengeful thought.  I punched her right in the face, making her rocket past a tunnel. Another booming "Prepare to Die!" amenated through the tunnel, as later the night creature's mate came in, all ready to defend her to the death. eventually we were able to kill both of them, and we decided to venture deeper. Although I was a corrupt, which meant anything I picked up would burst into flames, I didn't want to go deeper for the loot: I came here for the entire family!  A final, albait faint and spirited "Prepare To Die!" went against all our eardrums, and a smaller, but just as strong night creature, came in. This one was the child of the night. As my group distracted the little guy, I came up from behind.  I brought the brute down with a mighty kick to the head, and I then proceeded to kick him on the chest until he eventually gave into pain.  I jumped up, landing upon the creature and punched it in the head, goring it and killing the night creature instantly.  I gave a proud yell throughout the caves, which I swore the village miles away heard.  It was all over.

So far, my killcount includes kobolds, many tigers and lions, 4-ish outlaws, and my first ever three nightcreatures.  I am completely proud of my accomplishment.

For those of you who wonder what a corrupt is, I was using a mod made by Gizogin, which adds two new races called Corrupts and Pures. Here's the link if you're interested in the mod: http://bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93728.0

MrShovelFace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: October 10, 2011, 10:40:54 am »

can somebody draw me getting beat to death by a BC wielding my own sock

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: October 10, 2011, 03:36:58 pm »

Started a new adventurer yesterday. Human Peasant Outsider, aka Hard Mode, in a world where 40 is the lowest Savagery number. Giant cats everywhere - I actually have yet to see a predatory feline which ISN'T giant-size.

Anyway, I decided to play him as a... knife user. With no shield. Or armor.
Yeah, so... anyway...
He managed to kill a couple of Giant Tigers, somehow, as well as a couple of bandits. Then today, I ventured out with him. First thing that happens, he happens upon a Giant Leopard. Or rather it happens upon him. He was sleeping see, so it ups and decides to tear his left arm off. Bites down hard and shakes until it comes up. Then I'm not sure what happened, if the tiny scratch I gave it's right front leg scared it away, or if it was that he was alive and kicking (literally) despite blood gouting from his shoulder? Anyway, it fled, as did my adventurer, whose name by the way is Sestah Deeprelieved the Safe Sorrow, a name that feels incredibly justified right now.

So what happened next?
With the bleeding stopped he venture out again. He happens upon a mighty Honey Badger, which he hits over and over, hateful as he now is of the natural world. Then he travels around for a bit, covered in Honey Badger blood. Feels good, chilling and maxing. Then comes this Giant Tiger, right. Which, after charging the Safe Sorrow and pushing him around without damaging him, bites down on his right lower arm. He shakes.
It comes off. It's safe to say that the Safe Sorrow has another sorrow to lament over. He cuts the giant tiger, which runs away. Sestah heads off in the other direction, and... he survives. But now he has no right hand or forearm, and no left arm at all. Despite that, The Deeprelieved is feeling deeply relieved because he still has his life, for what it's worth.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: October 11, 2011, 11:42:18 pm »

Started a new Adventurer.

I discovered how to specify what you want to attack, and as a result, my adventurer went around slitting throats during sleep until a spearman decided to wake up and punt him into the river 3 Z-levels below before dying.

The adventurer drowned.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: October 12, 2011, 09:01:16 pm »

Just rolled up a peasant thrower. First task? Kill a freaking Mountain Wyvern with a full title. HOW low did I set the difficulty tag on them again? :o
What's worse? I'm at the back end of a mountain valley that is entirely evil swamps. Can anyone pronounce "Ogre patrol" or "harpy ambush" for me?

I'm already preparing to create a new character :P
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:04:50 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 13, 2011, 03:02:00 am »

learn that you can steal if you make your companions steal for you.
though this was a food raid for corrosion because the fort was running low on food.
still haven't got infected conversions to pop up though
Spoiler: dfusioncodeblabble (click to show/hide)
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 1104