Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100307 times)

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #270 on: July 10, 2010, 03:12:16 am »

In a (slightly) related note, I was searching for a dragon with which to test something in runesmith and I happened upon this jolly fellow.

Now I know why dragons can't talk in vanilla DF.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 10, 2010, 04:30:52 am »

In a (slightly) related note, I was searching for a dragon with which to test something in runesmith and I happened upon this jolly fellow.

Now I know why dragons can't talk in vanilla DF.
well use player civ and at a safe distance. then see if it's more communicative, also that normal stuff every one who wants you dead will say. sadly there no nailing to tree function.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 10, 2010, 04:51:21 am »

What I thought was funny was the "moaned like a whore" part. The whole thing gave me the idea that he killed the guy by raping him. Not fun.

I ended up killing him. :( No dragon buddy for me...
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 11, 2010, 01:23:51 pm »

Butchered two hydras after beating the shit out of them with a WORKING WARHAMMER! In 1050. I am so excited.

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 11, 2010, 04:04:41 pm »

I began my adventures, quickly leaving the town I started in.
Travelled half the world, to return a Legendary+13 fighter, legendary+7 Shield user, and several other skills
I got a quest to Kill an antelope monster.
So I went to (T)ravel, checked where the quest was. I was confused, and realised that the quest was IN the town.

It turns out that the Warlord gave me a quest to kill an Antelope monster, the Law-Giver of the town!

Also I got ambushed by a shark as i Travelled across a frozen ocean, t'was funny

[EDIT: The Law-Giver gave me a quest to kill a bronze colossus. Sadly, I have no fluffy wamblers, so I am unable to kill it.

So I decided to attack the law giver.
His cloth robe is blocking all of my bronze axe attacks. WTF.

I decided to lead him to the Inn, as I thought the warlord would help me.
Of course, he is now after me. A few hours lost, but it was a good ride!

EDIT 2: I was blocking bolts, arrows, swords, spear left and right, until a lucky bolt hit me in the head and tore my brain though my bronze helmet
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 04:14:30 pm by cartmann »

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 11, 2010, 06:21:32 pm »

Yeah, apparently demons are almost as large as bronze colossi. I thin the one I killed weighed 12000r or something like that.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 11, 2010, 07:14:59 pm »

And Bronze Colossus are killable now (no wamblers needed)...they can still be a challenge though especially with if your still using weak weapons.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

JoRo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 11, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »

I just had an adventurer with some real bad luck.  His first random encounter is with a bunch of lions, one of which immediately tears the motor nerves out of his right leg, sending him flopping to the ground.  Suddenly, a bunch of cheetahs come out of the brush to help finish him off.  He happened to be only one world square away from the nearest town, so my guy starts crawling backwards down the road, somehow blocking every strike on the way there.  Some of the cats wander off, but he's still trailing three of them when he gets into town.  He manages to kill one of the cheetahs, a guard takes out a lion and the other cheetah catches a bolt and limps out of my view.  The "holy pack," local high priest, follows after the cheetah with no weapons and comes back bruised, having beaten the cheetah to death.

I try to travel to see if his leg heals, but it's no good, and when I get back into town all the large cats I thought I'd lost were mixing it up with the townsfolk.  I saw a few villagers bite it, but mostly they kicked the crap out of the cats.  There was one lion lying on the ground bleeding, surrounded by children repeatedly punching it (and one maceman who looked like a child at first).

Maybe it's because I was playing with a fairly small custom race, but when my hammerperson spawned with a bronze maul it seemed to be about as harmful as whiffle bat until I started throwing it at things (and then stabbing them with that default knife).  Wasn't there something with the combat rewrite that weak characters would be ineffective with heavy weapons?

EDIT: does anyone know which synonym for bleeding correlates with what severity level?  I've got a giant lion gushing, gouting, and spraying blood from various bits and I'm curious which one is most severe.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 08:02:21 pm by JoRo »
You have been struck down.
The giant cave spider spits out your head.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 11, 2010, 09:22:08 pm »

I don't know, but I'd think gouting and spraying are worse than gushing. I think Spraying>Gouting>Gushing, but I am probably wrong.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2010, 04:30:11 am »

My first 31.10 adventurer had a quite buggy day:

At first I wanted to test the adventurer butchery, so I wandered through the plains looking for beasts. After a while some elk appear. I chase them, finally getting to stab one with my bronze spear.
It counterstrikes by kicking me into the chest: I'm mortally wounded >_<

After crawling a few tiles pain and bleeding go away and I check my wounds screen:
My upper body is only bruised, but OMG one finger is cut open!!!

Then I go around, looking for weaker creatures. I find a vulture. Fighting and butchering turn out well this time. I'm still "mortally wounded"...

In the evening I become hungry and thirsty. I drink from the nearest pond until I'm too full. I thought.
Checking the announcements I notice that I quenched my thirst by three times "drinking" the same blood spatter on my clothes. And somehow it wasn't disgusting...
Now I try to eat some of the vulture meat, but despite still being hungry I seem to be "too full". I guess it was the yummy blood.

Let's see what my still "mortally wounded" adventurer experiences the second day :D

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 12, 2010, 11:33:48 am »

You probably have a bruised lung somewhere. those injuries show up as 'mortally wounded'

calrogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 12, 2010, 07:08:42 pm »

Cremating my two faithful companions while My Child (In A Dark Sleep) by Abadoss, DragonAvenger and Nutritious plays in the background.
 :'(

cartmann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 13, 2010, 08:56:01 am »

Spoiler:  This. (click to show/hide)

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #283 on: July 13, 2010, 12:43:37 pm »

Annihilated an entire forest retreat, there are probably more elves hiding but I couldn't be bothered to search them all. Any important figure, leader or druid or such is dead.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love my silver great axe. <3

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2010, 02:11:28 pm »

Oh my.

EDIT: Lol. I found the intact guts and stuffed them in my pocket before skipping town. At the next town, I cut a guy's nose off. He retaliated by punching my teeth out. I stabbed his heart. He died.

EDITEDIT: My newest adventurer is such a copycat. He popped a child's guts out, snagged them and ran.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:35:28 pm by Vertigon »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 1104