Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096047 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2520 on: June 29, 2011, 06:44:19 am »

Just met a strange little kid.

Ecen Nifihcadem: I had a cousin named Moody Locked Larks.
Ecen Nifihcadem: He was also my father.

How is this possible?
Sounds like incest.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: June 29, 2011, 07:29:05 am »

And, my head just stomped by a Night creature...
I had hopes for her too...
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: June 29, 2011, 11:13:49 am »

Nope, I tend to play without murdering everyone in sight actually.
Agreed.

not even a night creature or bandit leader?

You're taking it out of context, Exumius. Think about how stupid you just sounded.

Yeah, in retrospect that was incredibly imbecillic. Sorry for that.

Let's just drop the subject now. 

Also, quote pyramids FTW. :P
Agreed!
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: June 29, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »

I'm now chronicling the story of my current and most successful adventurer to date. She is of a modded race of wolfman-ish things. They are smaller than humans(dwarf sized) and don't live as long, but are a bit faster and less emotional. She has paws and can't punch or kick, but she can wear armor and weapons.
I'm retiring her for now. I need to get back to the basics and train some more. She's famous across the world now (goblins consider her a hero, but have never met her) and I need to better prepare for the onslaughts.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:06:57 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

BrilliantGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: June 29, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Ok then, My latest adventurer was on an old version of Dwarf Fortress, 40d to be exact (those were the good ol' days   :P).  I was a dwarf swordsman and i got ambushed by wolves, i entered a martial trance and exploded 2 of their heads into gore, in just 1 turn!  The other 3 wolves proceeded to attack me, i bashed one of their heads stright into their body and the other 2 i just swung at and one of them flew off-screen. The other wolf proceeded to try and bite me but missed, i counter-attacked and smacked it with the side of my blade, it too went flying off-screen and slammed into a tree, crushing it's spine completely and utterly. That was my adventurer 8)
It's only a wolf...that happens to look like a giant cave spider...OH MY GOD WHY CAN'T I MOVE!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: June 30, 2011, 03:56:35 am »

In the multiplayer game, I started a new adventurer when nobody else was around, and went to check out the fort we crashed headlong into the dirt it's dug from.

As I reached the sight, I was greeted by the mess that was made because the server operator wasn't willing to use DFlair. After wandering through it to the fortress gates and stepping inside, I spotted a goblin hammerwoman, hostile, who i ignored to search for the masterwork candy stick Girlinhat plucked from Hostile Fiends of Sin. I didnt find it around the surface so i went underground, and after searching the farms I turn south to search through the catacombs. As I'm coming back from there, I am interrupted by an FB. Some sort of tick or mite or something. I couldnt deal enough damage as a fresh adventurer to kill it so i left it to crawl after me and snuck off. I searched around some more in the next level down, finding nothing, and turned my attention to the dining hall where I found the forgotten beasts and Happy Friends of Sloths fighting. I tried to watch but got spotted.

I died in under half a second. no time to react, just "you've been spotted! blahblahblah! You are deceased!" Maybe 7 pages of combat reports.

And the world we were playing on is awesome. The dwarves of the Axe of Hegemons conquered elves, goblins, and humans, and had rulers from all three races. There is a 500(+)-year-old sasquatch that killed 13 people and 151 animals that we bumped into in the woods adventuring to our old fort, killing us.

That server software is really buggy still, but works, and has kept me busy for the last four days.

We've been trying to get an adventurer into the fort again, but have failed consistently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: June 30, 2011, 07:52:24 pm »

I'm in a bandit camp to kill a lasher after asking people for quests. I arrive right next to it and there's a human swordsman. On a whim I see that I can talk to him and ask him for a mission. He gives me the same mission, but when I ask where the capital is he tells me we are in the capital ???  There's no mini map so I'm not in a town and there's no nearby fortresses, but I can retire. I have an odd feeling I've just been tasked to kill an outlaw king. Let's see.

Edit: According to Legends he's the Warlord of The Lizards of Release and an enemy of The Courteous Deity.
I settled in the camp and my team started tearing each other apart. I think we have a loyalty spiral on our hands, especially after I killed all of my old cohorts plus the warlord.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:05:55 pm by ArKFallen »
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: June 30, 2011, 09:46:37 pm »

Mulitpl-- Wait, DF has a MULTIPLAYER server?!?!?!?!?! Why don't you talk to me about this!?!? And I have many worlds with adventurers, but I'll just narrow it down to one. I had an adventurer who I tried to make like a ninja-type. Proficient archer and bowman, adequate swimmer, proficient ambusher and so on. I got a quest to kill a hammerwoman. I [T]raveled to the south of the camp, went into hiding, and picked off her guards. My bowman buddies helped a bit, but they were blundering around in the open. One guard, a lasher, took one of my arrows to the lower body and passed out from pain a little later. The hammerwoman came out and shouted "I am [insert name here]! Prepare to die!". I fired at her and landed a shot to the leg. She, too, passed out from pain later. I soon found out that someone was shooting at us. I saw a crossbowman in a clump of trees, so I shot him in the lower body. I walked up to the kill goal, but she woke up. I stopped, shot her again, she passed out again. I walk up to her (still hiding) and stabbed her in the throat. She bled out later. Then I shot the crossbowman again and stabbed him in the throat. He also bled out. Then I took the lasher. He was unconsious, so I stabbed his throat anyway. I took all their weapons, sold them, then found a cave. I talked to someone about the surroundings and he eventually talked about a kobold starving in a cave. I went to check it out to look for wealth, found none, kept going down, and eventually got a message saying "You have discovered a cavern deep underground". I finally touched solid ground, and looked around a bit. I later recalled reading about GCSs and FBs down in the depths, so I freaked out a little, and decided, "Heck. There's no wealth down here to be had. I'm goin' back up to sunlight". On our way up, my remaining bowman buddy and I got ambushed by a troglodyte. The Bowman took a bit of a beating, so I lunged at the troglodyte, attempting to stab it in the lower body. You know what it said? "You strike at The Troglodyte but He jumps away! The Troglodyte has died after colliding with an obstacle." I'm assuming he blew up on impact, 'cause we were quite a bit of distance from the floor when he dodged. We escaped, empty-handed. I had a pikeman, too, but she went after an elephant and was promptly killed after a few minutes. Me and the bowman fled to my hometown, and I retired there. I later embarked on the same cave as a dwarf caravan.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: June 30, 2011, 10:37:18 pm »

Multiplayer? HOW DOES IT WORK!?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: July 01, 2011, 12:21:34 am »

In the multiplayer game, I started a new adventurer when nobody else was around, and went to check out the fort we crashed headlong into the dirt it's dug from.

As I reached the sight, I was greeted by the mess that was made because the server operator wasn't willing to use DFlair. After wandering through it to the fortress gates and stepping inside, I spotted a goblin hammerwoman, hostile, who i ignored to search for the masterwork candy stick Girlinhat plucked from Hostile Fiends of Sin. I didnt find it around the surface so i went underground, and after searching the farms I turn south to search through the catacombs. As I'm coming back from there, I am interrupted by an FB. Some sort of tick or mite or something. I couldnt deal enough damage as a fresh adventurer to kill it so i left it to crawl after me and snuck off. I searched around some more in the next level down, finding nothing, and turned my attention to the dining hall where I found the forgotten beasts and Happy Friends of Sloths fighting. I tried to watch but got spotted.

I died in under half a second. no time to react, just "you've been spotted! blahblahblah! You are deceased!" Maybe 7 pages of combat reports.

And the world we were playing on is awesome. The dwarves of the Axe of Hegemons conquered elves, goblins, and humans, and had rulers from all three races. There is a 500(+)-year-old sasquatch that killed 13 people and 151 animals that we bumped into in the woods adventuring to our old fort, killing us.

That server software is really buggy still, but works, and has kept me busy for the last four days.

We've been trying to get an adventurer into the fort again, but have failed consistently.
hmm I wonder if the server operator would allow DFmode?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: July 01, 2011, 01:14:02 am »

(holy shit it's been about 6 months since i last played adventure mode, here we go)

What do you say whenever some short asshole with a big beard comes up to you and says he's gonna solve your problems? Well if it was any other day I'd just throw this little bugger a punch and be on my way, but I feel nice, so I tell him my name "Oh Hi I'm Cilba Raptorgoal, I'm a poor little peasant, I don't have jack shit for you to do you dumb little prick" but then I got to thinking, a monster's wife was causing problems for the village, so I figured i'd let the little dwarf run up to her and get slaughtered likethe other people going to visit her. "Oh yeah I have something now that I think about it, a monsters wife by the name of Ibid Taberdearth to the south of here, she's being a bit of a menace, go 'take care of her' like you adventurer's know how." A couple hours pass by and I think he's dead, but oh no he shows up covered in blood and other awful unmentionables and walks up to me, getting the floor bloody and messy in the process. So he says he went and visited the wicked monsters wife and that he dealt justice, bashed her body till it was but mush on the cave floor. At first i didn't believe him, but then he SPITS ONE OF HER DAMN WINGS UP ON MY FEET. Fuckin short little asshole says his name is Iton Clutchtin, and that he's gonna travel the world looking for adventure and power, his eyes gleamed with excitement and I think sweat, and he asked me to join him. I don't know about you, but when a man who spits a monsters wing at your feet demands you join him, I think you should shut the hell up and follow in line.
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2531 on: July 01, 2011, 02:19:34 am »

Looked through the legends and found out that some civ called the moist kingdoms (a keeper civ (genesis mod) that had all but rendered extinct by constant wars with centaurs and other woodland beasts) was run by a Sheep Fiend king. Following him through legends he pretty much slaughtered his way through a few wars and has been reigning from a ruined fortress deep in the forgotten realms of the kingdom for several hundred years. Obviously, I decided to travel to his castle and challenge the ancient demon to pitched combat.

After rolling a Illithid Void master (my last void master finally died of being disemboweled after having all its limbs chopped off and its lower spine broken, so they're relatively sturdy) I journeyed to the castle and confronted the fiend. Even with legendary fighter, wrestler, shield user and other skills the sheep fiend proved to be much more dangerous then a humanoid sheep really has any right to be. I managed to wound him, rendering him half blind, ruining one arm, and cutting up his guts, but he pulled my limbs off one by one and then proceeded to chew on my torso till my guts popped out and my ribs went through my heart.

Next time, Bronze colossus adventurer.

gomwon

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: July 01, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »

I just got sent to kill my first Minotaur. It was a long trip there, and i finally got to him. The first couple of hits knocked me unconscious, and when i woke up, my companions has already killed him. Bah.

Edit: I am now off to kill my first dragon. Wish me luck a good grave.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:38:17 pm by gomwon »

http://twitter.com/#!/Gompasta for Dwarf Fortress Tweetspam.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: July 01, 2011, 01:52:06 pm »

I was trying the peasant challenge on my incredibly hard world.
By "incredibly hard", I mean there are no bandits, and instead the world is lousy with megabeasts.

I gave up on peasants, and instead decided on going with a demigod lasher.
Managed to kill an ettin in three headshots, a cyclops in one move, and then thought about taking on a minotaur.
Her first move was to charge me, and punch me in the lower body. Nervous damage, walking-b-gone.

I killed her with a silver lash to the head, however I am now permanently without walking ability.
The only village I have seen is without shops.
I don't know where any more villages are, so I can't buy crutches.

Before now, every adventurer has lived their entire lives out in the field.
I don't feel like changing that now, but I might just retire this one guy...

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: July 01, 2011, 02:27:12 pm »

My adventurer dodged off a ledge and down 2z's and landed on her throat ??? By Armok, How do you fall and land on your throat? Nothing else was damaged and the throat was only bruised. I swear this adventure is the weirdest I've ever done.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 1104