Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096269 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2385 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:37 am »

I just started an adventurer, and the entire town I spawned in was abandoned...

It was just like a normal (very large) town with shops and houses, except that there were no people.

Naturally, I helped myself to full bronze plate and went on my way.

LOL  :P
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Sugata-senpai

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Anime Watcher+3 Legendary Manga Reader+5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: June 08, 2011, 11:10:57 am »

While messing around with an giant adamantine fluffy wambler I modded in, (With a poisonous bite) I came across a pale-chestnut devil that was the lawmaker of the only human civilization in the world. Thinking that nothing could defeat my adamantineness, I attacked him, and discovered, to my horror, that he had undirected dust. After being thrown back into a wall and losing both my hands, I charged at him in a desperate attack to kill him before his next dust attack.

I failed.

His next dust attack threw both of us back into the walls of the building. He got his skull crushed through his brain. :D While I got my head severed from the blast. :'(

Twas epic.
Make yourself from slade and you'll be too heavy for just about anything to move you
'cuz slade is just better

Are you suggesting I make myself overpowered? I would never do that... ;)
Me: I'll kill you... I'll kill you all!!!! Mwahahahahahaha!!!...

UristMcRandomNurse: Sir, patient 137 is laughing maniacially again.

UristMcDoctor: Don't worry, if we just ignore him he'll calm down and go back to playing Dwarf Fortress.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: June 08, 2011, 11:19:38 am »

I was jumped by 9 bandits! They killed my companions, but I recruited them all. They're lesser demons (Genesis mod creatures). They do a fine job of reducing all who oppose me to a chunky pile. I just got jumped by the same group of bandits. They killed all but a few of my bandits. My bandits are now killing each other. I shall torture the last surviving one to death.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:25:15 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:45 am »

i started a peasant trollkin in genesis and trained his throwing, then went to kill a moon ogre pride or what ever it was.
threw a bolt at it's tummy and it's lowerbody flew off in an arc.
first i was liek  :-\ then i was liek  :o and then i was liek  8)

callahan.44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: June 08, 2011, 11:44:53 am »

I started a new elf peasant to loot my old fortress, but had to trek a day to a town near it. I got there just after night fall (phew!) and found a house to sleep in. It was full of humans that were already asleep, and I knew one would wake up to give me permission.

One did wake up, followed by about 10 more. Then I realised I was in a *hostile* town... /facepalm

(time to roll a new adventurer, recruit an army and wipe that town off the map)
"I had it all. I had a fortress that was very decent, a military that was getting very respectable. I was close to being complete."
"Shit man, now it's all gone."

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: June 08, 2011, 11:57:08 am »

I just 2 shotted a wyvern, but I got covered in its acid. The acid decays your spine and brain, sending you slowly to your death.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:21 pm »

20 years of my fort! On 15-20 FPS and 200 dwarves!

An achievement :P Time to somehow induce fun within the fort and at last move on to 31.x version. I miss the caverns.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: June 08, 2011, 02:29:46 pm »

An achievement :P Time to somehow induce fun within the fort and at last move on to 31.x version. I miss the caverns.
Wrong thread, dude.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: June 08, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

I bought three thread and made a crossbow + bolts. And sewed a quiver.
I now wield a crossbow AND a bone spear.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Heavily Armed Effigy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: June 08, 2011, 04:53:21 pm »

"Life is, in a word, children."

Thanks for the quest, creepy fortress lord who lives alone.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: June 08, 2011, 04:58:17 pm »

Wrong thread, dude.

Arrgh >.< It's because of heat :P I can't think where I am postin'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: June 09, 2011, 07:27:20 am »

My old adventurers spine collapsed due to rot. He suffocated soon after.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: June 09, 2011, 08:29:08 am »

:o How did you have the patience? I gave up on my 30FPS fort after 3 years due to boredom.
[Signature]

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: June 10, 2011, 09:12:48 am »

I was tasked to kill this pikeman, so I did.
I threw rocks at him and his pikeman ally.
Then I decided to fight the pikeman up close.
I knocked him unconscious easily and when his lasher friends were coming for me, I killed the pikeman and ran like hell.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: June 10, 2011, 09:29:49 am »

propably one of my most succesfull adventurers EVER died  :'(

he hadnt slain many enemies but god how awesome he was. he was so awesome that i went to kill a hydra alone, left my companions behind and headed towards the cave where Hydra was last seen.
a lone dwarf, with his trusty bismuth bronze axe, bronze shield and... pine breastplate... yes. pine, cursed humans and their "large" armors.
He snuck inside the lair and found a pair of pine low boots. kay cool, moar arm0rz!
i threw couple of arrows at Hydra before engaging him, could have thrown all day there as i was quite talented ambusher and thrower, but i felt that like cheating so i charged Hydra and could hit him like 5 times before he realized me and i got spotted :S

after long fight, heavily bleeding hydra bit my toe from right foot and i believe that was first cratch ever done to that dwarf. obviously, dwarves had major arteries running in their toes also, so i was bleeding quite heavily and after a while looked a bit pale, then Hydra bit my whole right foot off and i started bleeding even more :O
finally i lost my left leg also and at the same time i died of blood loss. pity.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1104