Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054143 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2130 on: April 15, 2011, 07:04:59 am »

My war elephant got murdered by bogeys after he took out two hellfire imp bandits and his companions died.
Dang.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 15, 2011, 08:56:56 am »

A hilarious sight had happened to me.

I created a Misc. Object user, and just went around bashing people with my woolen lama dress, damaging internal organs and therefore killing them.

I got a quest to go to a random cave and kill the Bride of the night something something, which killed my last adventurer. I had arrived at dusk. Upon my arrival i found my guys corpse lying where i left it, and the beast lying on top of it. I approached the beast and smacked her with my woolen dress, only to get kicked in to abyss several times.

I figured my life was worth more than the peasants were paying, and ran for my life. Beast started chasing me. I was runing away with heavy bleeding, occasionaly smacking the beast with my dress.

As i continued to run away, the night approached and the boogeyman spawned. Now i was running from the crazed bride, dodging bogeyman, frequently slapping everyone around my with my woolen lama dress.

After a good 20 turns of dodging and slapping, i reached the river. I immediately got attacked by 2 alligators.

As i was running down the shoreline, one of the bogeyman slapped me off the cliff and i fell in to the water.

In the end i had a marvelous sight:
Poor dwarf, crawling away from 5+ bogeyman, 2 aligators, and a crazed night bride, while drowning (lost ability to stand) and being punch-raped by a crowd of mobs.

Morale of the story:
-Woolen dress sucks as a weapon.

Gaspa Craftdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 15, 2011, 09:57:22 am »

So apparently my character is currently so super-awesome that the wandering mobs of outlaws, goblins, and kobolds refuse to fight me.  Seeing as how I don't kill things without any reason to, I am forced to press Shift-T as soon as I regain control from being forced out of fast-travel. 

This happens often.  Usually when I decide to sleep.

I imagine the process goes something like this:

"Oh hey this looks like a nice place to sleep, let me just lie down here and-"

"Chunkus blalagaflaymus!"

"Oh god what is it now.  Oh hey it's you guys.  Again.  Alright, I'll move somewhere else and-"

"Glofokodrugis silileelus!"

"Goddammit."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 15, 2011, 12:22:24 pm »

So apparently my character is currently so super-awesome that the wandering mobs of outlaws, goblins, and kobolds refuse to fight me.  Seeing as how I don't kill things without any reason to, I am forced to press Shift-T as soon as I regain control from being forced out of fast-travel. 

"Oh god what is it now.  Oh hey it's you guys.  Again.  Alright, I'll move somewhere else and-"

"Goddammit."
Is that a goblin talking or vomiting?

My money is that it's the same thing both.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 15, 2011, 12:24:26 pm »

"Goddammit."

It's kobold talk. They're 'special'. :P

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 15, 2011, 12:33:27 pm »

"Goddammit."

It's kobold talk. They're 'special'. :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: April 15, 2011, 02:37:56 pm »

Sig'd.
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 15, 2011, 04:11:36 pm »

At this point Missinglimbs is getting tired of walking halfway across the map just to kill a titan in a single headshot on the first attempt, so now I think he's going to start depopulating civilizations.

Gaspa Craftdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 15, 2011, 05:42:19 pm »

Well, killing night creatures just isn't fun anymore, so I've taken up Night Creature kite flying.

It involves pulling aggro and seeing how far I can go before one of my counterstrikes kills it or the local wildlife murders it in cold indifference.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 15, 2011, 07:00:43 pm »

Well, now he's gotten bored of trying to depopulate hamlets because the peasants seem to just endlessly respawn, so now he's gone into retirement to slowly die an unglorious death of old age. Kind of sucks when there's nothing left to live for. Maybe he should just commit suicide but I'm not sure what would actually kill him at this point.

Time to try out the genesis mod.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 16, 2011, 12:11:37 am »

Maybe he should just commit suicide but I'm not sure what would actually kill him at this point.

Swim out into the ocean and go out in a blaze of glory while strangling three sea monsters simultaneously with your beard.

A wise decision indeed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 16, 2011, 01:30:47 am »

Well, now he's gotten bored of trying to depopulate hamlets because the peasants seem to just endlessly respawn, so now he's gone into retirement to slowly die an unglorious death of old age. Kind of sucks when there's nothing left to live for. Maybe he should just commit suicide but I'm not sure what would actually kill him at this point.

wait when you have over power adventurers the next step is leading an army with that adventurer.
boot up Dfmode grab Dfusion/runesmith and build up that army. Best to only keep War animals and eat any that can't use Dfusion to enlist your units and send them out.
Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
poop didn't get the chance to say this fast enough.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 16, 2011, 05:24:47 pm »

Take that, cougar.

"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 17, 2011, 02:40:39 am »

Once more, I am gladdened (and a bit saddened) that DF will probably never have graphics akin to games like Crysis or whatnot.

It would be glorious, but rated Adults Only or something.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 17, 2011, 04:08:56 am »

got the boat finished and food supply worked out so my minigoal of embarking in the middle of sea is successful. now I just need to test out if I could send Migrants to do assassinations. I can build a Secret house in hell with out having the embark site breached.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1104