Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053343 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2115 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:25 pm »

well had a adventurer killed by being knock into a shallow pool of magma reason for this is so I could save her lover who was knocked in to the magma body swap to the pet forgotten beast and ended up being knocked into the magma aswell. moral of the story was don't Tweak a hole in the roof of hell where the magma sea was and think you can explore it later no I think it was don't save love ones from magma or was it once you open hell there no return point either way I got 5 years out of the site and hopefully the next one is I can retire in.

edit: well as a new Bronze with a companion bogs the bogeyman turn GCS these two will reach the new embark site. though the reason I'm editing this is that I punted a maceman on top of a tree right after striping the armor off a Chieftess so my pet can get a good nibble.
which reminds me I should hit up on Dwarf mode discussion on how to feed carnivore pets.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:59:08 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 10, 2011, 08:52:27 am »

well had a adventurer killed by being knock into a shallow pool of magma reason for this is so I could save her lover who was knocked in to the magma body swap to the pet forgotten beast and ended up being knocked into the magma aswell. moral of the story was don't Tweak a hole in the roof of hell where the magma sea was and think you can explore it later no I think it was don't save love ones from magma or was it once you open hell there no return point either way I got 5 years out of the site and hopefully the next one is I can retire in.

edit: well as a new Bronze with a companion bogs the bogeyman turn GCS these two will reach the new embark site. though the reason I'm editing this is that I punted a maceman on top of a tree right after striping the armor off a Chieftess so my pet can get a good nibble.
which reminds me I should hit up on Dwarf mode discussion on how to feed carnivore pets.
Sorry Rumrusher, but I could not make head nor tail of what you just said...
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 10, 2011, 12:28:01 pm »

I made a new axebear after I got civilization forge and was tasked to kill this wolf.
So I went to it's lair, snuck up on it, and hacked off it's limbs.
Then killed it.
Problem, wolf?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 10, 2011, 05:09:09 pm »

Sorry Rumrusher, but I could not make head nor tail of what you just said...
lost an adventure fort due to being push into magma and demons murdering every one.
started a new adventurer who is a bronze colossus and use Runesmith and Dfusion to tame a bogeyman and change it to a giant cave spider all for reclaiming a site I made before making the new adventurer.

During the journey I was ambushed by human bandits which my spider made short work of. until I fought the chieftess who while being a stump kept blocking all the spider attacks. after stripping and watching her bleed out I punted the maceman who was south of the lady I had my pet killed into a tree.
hope this made things clearer.
"body swapping and YOU!"

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: April 10, 2011, 05:55:13 pm »

As I speak, bogeymen are trying to kick me in the head.
Bone helms sure help against that.
EDIT:Aww, I died just before dawn.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:04:03 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:19 am »

Just started adventuring two days ago.  Addictive.  I'm still learning the moves (in 40d).

So far: did well with a hammerdwarf, killing cougars.  Then I got board, attacked a guard and was quickly shot by a marksdwarf while being hammered by a Hammerlord.

Decided to boost my wrestling skills.  Wound up without armour or weapon.  A cougar ate me.

Decided to wander the wilderness looking for adventure.  A pack of wolves at me.

Switched to a human hammerman.  Found one of my old ruined forts.  The entrance was a 3X3 staircase to the lowest z-level, with a 10 z-level moat around.

Unfortunately, I had forgot that I abandoned this fort after getting board an engineering a tantrum spiral, which resulted in an angry dwarf smashing the only drawbridge entrance.

I had to content myself with taking a few bins of cloth, and a couple silk socks.  Good grief, there were a lot of silk socks.

Incidentally, what does the error message "Nemisis not found" mean?  I wound up kicked back to my desktop.

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 11, 2011, 09:41:20 am »

Just started adventuring two days ago.  Addictive.  I'm still learning the moves (in 40d).

So far: did well with a hammerdwarf, killing cougars.  Then I got board, attacked a guard and was quickly shot by a marksdwarf while being hammered by a Hammerlord.

Decided to boost my wrestling skills.  Wound up without armour or weapon.  A cougar ate me.

Decided to wander the wilderness looking for adventure.  A pack of wolves at me.

Switched to a human hammerman.  Found one of my old ruined forts.  The entrance was a 3X3 staircase to the lowest z-level, with a 10 z-level moat around.

Unfortunately, I had forgot that I abandoned this fort after getting board an engineering a tantrum spiral, which resulted in an angry dwarf smashing the only drawbridge entrance.

I had to content myself with taking a few bins of cloth, and a couple silk socks.  Good grief, there were a lot of silk socks.

Incidentally, what does the error message "Nemisis not found" mean?  I wound up kicked back to my desktop.
Old bug.

The adventure mode in the new DF is much more complicated, yet much more awesome. Play some 40D some more for a bit, but then come to 0.31.25
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 11, 2011, 02:26:07 pm »

Well after getting my Bronze settled in a multi race fort hospital I went on a search and rescue mission on the previous abandon fort. Due to cage trapped entrance my team had to crack the caverns and move under the fort luckly I found some stranded dwarves in the area. When I got there the place was mossy and corpses scatter apart. Weird thing was seeing the reptile women in the statue area and dinning hall? I guess they took over the site.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: April 12, 2011, 11:32:49 am »

got strangled by an titan of happiness and kindness (it was also my first one)
"...love him and squeeze him and call him Urist!"
just found him again........only that h was in an forest last time now its an taiga ??? ah well killed him.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

TheHaunted

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 12, 2011, 07:36:31 pm »

I found out that because my human had a title, goblins ambushed me, stuttered out a warning, then just stared at him.  I started recruiting them and sleeping, which just kept leading to more ambushes until I had a full party of 20 goblins.  Then I accidentally walked into one of my companions, aggravating all of them at once and being forced to hear all their names.  The battle took twice as long because they kept shouting and some of them were able to run away a few times.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 13, 2011, 11:13:36 pm »

spent a good amount of time searching for a lost kobold fort member some how she left some time and didn't come back a year found her in runesmith in the abandon lair/fort I lost due to demonic attacks.
well I wasn't fully searching for her just found her when I turn on My modify version of the Zombie mode on Dfusion which lead to her reveal. Had to wade through the fortress re-killing old members which (I'm glad they don't reappear on the kill list) to find her. She was near a pile of clothes, weapons and body parts. I take it she had a grudge with one of the dwarves from my camp and left only to get lost in the caverns and had to feed on dead dwarf bones to survive. She safe now and the embark site I left to get her is now loaded with undead.
"body swapping and YOU!"

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 14, 2011, 08:03:07 am »

I tried out 40d.
I got attacked by wolves and horribly murdered.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 14, 2011, 11:23:34 am »

On another universe, I have begun a quest to head for Oilsplatters, my abandoned fort.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 14, 2011, 06:05:16 pm »

'Missinglimbs' the legendary axedwarf is missing a leg and an arm, but is still seriously kicking ass. He's up to 274 notable kills now, with 14 bogeyman kills on his crutch. He recently took on 10+ goblins by himself and killed them all quite easily.

At this point the world is getting a bit low on titans and night creatures.

True that he has adamantine armor, clothing (which is almost worn out at this point) and an adamantine axe but I'm not sure that that stuff is making too much difference at this point, the armor anyway, because he's dodging almost all attacks and blocking everything else, and ripping things in half by biting and shaking them.

Hammerstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:22 am »

Was sent to kill a hill titan, turned out to just be a humanoid made of glass and went down without too much trouble.

The ambush on the way back was rediculous, however. So many goblins, with twenty of us, we were still outnumbered, and a battle of the ages ensued. We lost friends and allies, but now, we stand victorious amidst the blood and carnage!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you've never used Ironhand's graphics, the skittles colored dwarves are corpses of friendlies.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 1104