Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2053369 times)

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2100 on: April 03, 2011, 01:49:55 pm »

I started a new adventurer, Chuck Ari Ura (Boots of Death sounds better...) He is demigod with maxed out agility and strenght.
He is a Human outsider with only skills in dodging, kicking and punching.
first quest was to kill a night creature who was quite easy, got some cool gear from her lair.
I was on my way to complete another quest when night fell and soon i heard cackling noise in the darkness. I started to run as fast as i could.
In darkness, i fell into dried up murky pool and 2 bogeymen came with me.
I managed to kick one of them into chest so hard that it broke its rib and it got quite badly injured but at the same time other bogeyguy broke my ribcage.
my left lung was damaged and i was tiring up as i tried to dodge incoming strikes and tried to strike back at the boogeys.
Situation was dire untill i had a chance to kick other bogey man in the head. So i spun around and hit the boogeyman in the head with roundhousekick and jammed it's skull through it's brain.
Now that things were even, i charged the other boogeyman and punched and kicked him as hard as i could. Finally other guy fell too but night isnt over and there are more boogeymen watching at me on the edge of the pool.
I still have to survive till dawn...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 02:02:03 pm by Doro »

malvado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 03, 2011, 04:06:22 pm »

Haven't played Adventure mode too many times so I decided I would start off easily by going Peasant and train the basic skills :

First out was throwing , after a lot of hard work I managed to get it to Legendary getting nice stats , next inn the plan was to do a bit of Sneaking and a bit of Swimming.
I remembered that it's pretty hard to train swimming without skill and somewhere to walk up (which is not very abundant somehow in the maps) so I had assigned a point there just in case.
The Stealth training went good and I was ready for the swim training , after having done a few forward strokes the water freezes to ice... Instant death and heh...

I kinda felt like DF really really loves to hate you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: April 05, 2011, 12:08:34 am »

Holy shit wolves :o

I was chasing some rhesus monkeys and wondered too late why their numbers suddenly increased by a significant amount. Turns out a pack of wolves ran right past them to get to me. Think of the fountains of rhesus pieces we could have feasted upon if we just worked together to trap them between us! :'(

Oh well, more for me :P

Slaughtered 15 rhesus macaques, 6 wolves, and 3 turkeys. Butchered and ready for sale wherever stores can be found.

All this happened just outside an abandoned human fortress where I stashed the corpses, and as soon as I walked out with my bag full of goodies I was ambushed by at least a dozen animals sitting outside the door lamenting over their inability to enter. The monkeys and turkeys ran away immediately, but I had to fight off the wolves again. Taken quite a beating today, I should head to town.

And then after I've sold my goods, gathered some peasants, and found another quest, the night creature I'm after kicks me in the head, killing me instantly, the very first round of the fight. I didn't even save, so I can't savescum. I'll just watch the four fools I have with me get butchered.
2 of them died, one is severely injured, and one is relatively unharmed, but the beast is dead... The beast's name was caspa. :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:05:46 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 05, 2011, 02:22:51 pm »

A bitch of a master spearorc just robbed me of my ability to use my right hand.

Ohhh booyy... You're gonna pay and I'm going to like it!

I ripped out her fangs and proceeded to gouge her eyes and eyelids. She tried to escape but I strangled her before she could. I then bit into her lright breast while she was unconsious and waited for her to wake up. When she woke up, I ripped it off. I soon did the same with her right one. Before her last breath, I shook her around by the head, tearing the muscle. Her breasts and fangs are going to be cremated as an offering to the gods.

Edit: It wouldn't stop raining and I got an infection, so I decided to move. I shortly died from a kobold attack.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:39:25 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 06, 2011, 12:39:52 pm »

Man, I've been trying to get to my fortress witha hero adventurer. Won't let me.
First time: Killed instantly by Bogeymen in town.
Second time: Ambushed by Outlaws and killed by their leader.
Third time: Ran into continuous packs of wolves, couldn't find any allies to travel with, so crossing the vast expanse of wilderness between one part of the land the next is a no-go. Wolves bit both arms into uselessness, I kicked them all to death.
Then I was ambushed, I ran away. I was then ambushed by Bogeymen just outside of town. So i force-quit just to spite the game out of a kill.
Fucker.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: April 07, 2011, 12:27:25 pm »

I have had an absolutely EPIC war elephant adventurer. That died to some silly white tigermen. Hell, legends mode says his ancestry is possibly divine.

Then I managed to retire a eldjotun (Norse fire giant) in my abandoned fortress. And then when I reclaimed he was chilling outside, visibly not caring about my dwarves.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 01:00:28 pm by Naryar »

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: April 07, 2011, 01:28:39 pm »

My greatest recent adventurer, who exterminated all megabeasts except on bronze colossus had his brains bashed out by a goblin hammerman, I plan on making a revenge character.

In other news, a adventurer I just made got torn to pieces, by a freaking STURGEON.
Blargh.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 07, 2011, 09:04:58 pm »

Ciko Footballs the human swordsman has entered the world. I must remember to shout "FOOTBALL!" before I throw a rock at the enemy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34:46 am »

Victory! The Paklaran civ consistently generates their towns and cities around the edges of oceans, leaving only a small fraction of sites actually in the water. Now You can visit them in-game like a human civ. With the cities being implemented it should get real interesting, but for the moment they just butt up against the waterfront, letting part of the town that would have been generated be replaced by the natural ocean boundary. There is the unfortunate drawback in small oceans, and maybe lakes if they also colonized them, where they will start to generate sites actually in the sea (and thus those sites don't exist physically in-game) whenever they run out of waterfront property.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nasikabatrachus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who watchdwarfs the watchdwarves?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 09, 2011, 02:37:42 am »

I just realized that my current adventurer, a female, has only female companions. I don't know how all the males were weeded out but it surprised me. All the companions but one have earned second names; the longest surviving companion is a Mace Lord (Mace Lady would sound way more awesome) wielding a copper flail with 68 kills to her name. The second most senior member of the group is a miner with twenty kills on her pick.

I call them the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad.
"I want to have goblins about me, for I am courageous. The courage which scareth away ghosts, createth for itself goblins--it wanteth to laugh." Thus Spake Zarathustra, chapter 7, Friedrich Nietzsche

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 09, 2011, 05:32:23 am »

In the midst of a pitched battle with a halberdier, I go for an aimed attack.  Opportunity attacks tell me to scratch her back teeth.  I do, and it goes flying off in an arc.  I apparently reached into her mouth and yanked a tooth out.

Later, a bandit leader had slain one of my companions right in front of me (Literally, a tile away from me as I ran to his aid) and bragged about it.  I sliced both his hands off, jammed my sword into his skull, then turned as one of his henchmen came up to me, and ripped that one's throat out with my teeth.
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: April 09, 2011, 05:33:29 am »

i'm throwing burning coal.
nothing unusual  :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 09, 2011, 06:04:40 am »

It turns out that scavengers are total badasses. I managed to narily wipe out a bandit camp single handed with an armorless, inexperienced adventurer with only a few defeated brook trolls under his belt.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 09, 2011, 06:51:48 am »

got strangled by an titan of happiness and kindness (it was also my first one)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dareon Clearwater

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:colorful underwear]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 09, 2011, 06:03:52 pm »

got strangled by an titan of happiness and kindness (it was also my first one)
"...love him and squeeze him and call him Urist!"
It's like you're all trying to outdo each other in sheer useless pedantry.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 1104