Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100431 times)

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2010, 09:37:16 pm »

Dragons are SIZE:25000000
Kobolds (that is, me) are SIZE:20000
If that's in grams, the dragon is the size of a small humpback whale, whereas I'm an overweight cat.
I killed a guy over a hundred times my size with ONE. HIT.
Say what you will, that's still goddamn badass. :p
Hmm, interesting....In what year are you now? According to the raws:
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:200000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1000:0:25000000]
It takes 1000 years for the dragon to reach their maximum growth...a lot of adventurers tend to say they're wussies but they usually kill dragon younglings though.

Ever tried to fight a Dragon with the [NOPAIN] & [CAN LEARN] tag and 1000+ years of battle experience ? Theoretically, it would be a true "Legendary" Dragon that dodges your arrows like crazy & bites off body parts with ease.

ON TOPIC: Led several Wyverns (modded in flying, firebreathing lizards that's a bit smaller than dragons) to town and locked them inside the Mead Hall before lunch...and waited for the show...

Now let that sink in ...and imagine.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:10:14 am by Kobold Troubadour »
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 19, 2010, 10:18:23 pm »

I did that, except the wyvern in question was me.

Seriously, armor is currently god-tier. I was wandering around some nordic snowy town, killing people in their sleep. Every time I ran into a guard or a weapon master, I'd wake him up, fight until he collapsed from exhaustion, strip him of his armor, and chop him to shreds. Currently, armor makes you a medieval knight: You're basically a walking tank.

It got worse later. I figured I was done with the town, so I headed to the mead hall. Every single archer, ranger, and crossbowman from the town was hanging out there along with an axeman and a few children. I charged the axeman, got swamped by children. I tried to crawl out of the mead hall, with arrows and bolts raining down. I charged the axeman out of the door, took off his armor, and killed him via repeated strikes to the upper body, then I ran like hell.

After all of that, I was tired. I was literally unscratched. None of the arrows penetrated my chainmail.

Yeah, armor is awesome.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2010, 03:57:15 am »

strangled a dragon. Yeeeeaaah
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2010, 01:30:26 am »

Dragons are SIZE:25000000
Kobolds (that is, me) are SIZE:20000
If that's in grams, the dragon is the size of a small humpback whale, whereas I'm an overweight cat.
I killed a guy over a hundred times my size with ONE. HIT.
Say what you will, that's still goddamn badass. :p
Hmm, interesting....In what year are you now? According to the raws:
   [BODY_SIZE:0:0:200000]
   [BODY_SIZE:1000:0:25000000]
It takes 1000 years for the dragon to reach their maximum growth...a lot of adventurers tend to say they're wussies but they usually kill dragon younglings though.

Ever tried to fight a Dragon with the [NOPAIN] & [CAN LEARN] tag and 1000+ years of battle experience ? Theoretically, it would be a true "Legendary" Dragon that dodges your arrows like crazy & bites off body parts with ease.

ON TOPIC: Led several Wyverns (modded in flying, firebreathing lizards that's a bit smaller than dragons) to town and locked them inside the Mead Hall before lunch...and waited for the show...

Now let that sink in ...and imagine.

And for extra Fun, you can mod them to gradually grow larger instead of suddenly becoming full sized from 200000.
The gradient I use is as follows;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This way they grow rapidly for the first 100 years (only the first 30 are counted annually, then it's by decade with an initial gap of 8 during the transition) until they reach 10000000, then slow down for the next 900 until they reach 2.5 billion at 1000. This could be extended to cover the next so many years just to make them even more enormous. (or the gradient could be smoothed, but I like the idea of adolescents growing quickly as with most animals.)

Unfortunately you can't force them to gain/lose different tags over the ages so that they're normal beasts and can reproduce for the first 100 years and then become mega/semi-megabeasts, and so forth. With the ability to define differences in tags within a single creature by age, not just caste, my world would be complete.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:32 am »

My adventurer worships two deities, Xarkire the Fragnance of Charm and Tiaojia Hoppercups. Xarkire's domain is love, and Tiojia's domain is family. Is it trying to tell me something?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2010, 05:36:53 am »

My adventurer worships two deities, Xarkire the Fragnance of Charm and Tiaojia Hoppercups. Xarkire's domain is love, and Tiojia's domain is family. Is it trying to tell me something?

Stop playing DF, marry someone and make kids?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2010, 05:47:05 am »

Stop playing DF, marry someone and make kids?
recruit someone opposite gender to spend Adv.'s life with together retire in a town then embark on top of it. get yourself friendship utility and runesmith and tame and steal them into your fort mode civ.
(optional) kill the rest of the dwarfs in that civ to weed out competition. your goal now is to survive long enough to get kids from those love birds. 
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

s20dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2010, 09:40:15 pm »

I was just offered a mission to kill a dwarven child, according to the dwarven king his people have been tormented by a fearsome foe (the child)   ;D

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2010, 01:08:14 am »

I was just offered a mission to kill a dwarven child, according to the dwarven king his people have been tormented by a fearsome foe (the child)   ;D

Well, it's actually depressingly common. I've been sent by some Elves to kill a child who was the enemy of their civ.

Seriously, the elves hire a heavily armored dwarf and order him to kill a little kid.

Naturally, I did it with gusto.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 23, 2010, 07:03:56 am »

Sweet, i managed to hit a bronze colossus from behind with its own left hand, shattering its soulgem. That's my first bronze colossus kill ever.

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 23, 2010, 08:57:29 am »

Killing dwarves, I love killing dwarves, they all stand out in the open and swarm you their harmless bolts clanging off of my stolen dwarven chain, the fact that if I need to I can steal their pants (I'm playing a goblin), the fact that every other fish dissector will brag to me because he's killed goblins before. They all go down with two or three hits.

I've been killing dwarves everywhere. This might make things more difficult in civ mode, but I'm sure that it will just make the game more fun.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 23, 2010, 09:01:56 am »

I was playing in NewsMuffin's adventure succession game for a while (but I got Xugot killed, sorry guys :( ), and it turned out the player before me (Josephus) apparently spent the better part of his time collecting goblin and elf heads (or something like that).

I was in the middle of continuing his work when I got shot by elves.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 23, 2010, 11:44:12 am »

I unretired my adventurer.  First, five nearby dwarves immediately died of old age.  Next, everyone started brawling (I think this may be related to some of my earlier actions).  I found the mayor (among the brawlers), and he gave me a quest:  to kill Urist McMetalcrafter, right there in town.  It didn't take long to find him, but before I could reach him, he was struck down by an axedwarf.  The mayor was impressed by what a champion I was, and asked me to kill the axedwarf.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2010, 11:58:26 am »

well with the help of ingame raw editing and runesmith I got myself a wolf companion.
edit: well had a wolf companion... dang if there was a vet(or vet workshop) in DF I would have soo retire and fix the lass up oh well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:16:06 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 24, 2010, 07:10:53 am »

My mighty goblin adventurer, who killed many evil monsters for the greater good of the world, suffocated after drinking toxic illithid blood and some voidmind slime. I was hoping my death would be something amazing.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 1104