Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2098795 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1875 on: February 13, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »

Unfortunately I can't get DFusion to run; I always get an error saying it fails to initialize properly, with (0xc0150002) after it. Any ideas?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 13, 2011, 03:25:30 pm »

Alright, so this time I went and recruited another peasant, a Crossbowman, and another Swordsman to follow me, then headed out to another campsite to kill another outlaw.

This one had a lot of company, unfortunately, including a crack marksman who managed to shoot me right in the leg on first sight. My followers engaged the enemy while I made a mad dash to cut down the jerk who shot me. Things went rather smoothly after that, though I took a few more hits, including a Mortal Wound that also winded me.

Especially fun was when it came time to kill their chieftess. I removed the bolt in my leg and engaged her, and a few turns in, I noticed a ! next to one of the target options. I selected it, and I ended up stabbing her in the leg with that very same bolt, which I'd like to think is what ultimately brought her down for the killing blow, a well placed boot to the head.

Still, with a mortal wound, you'd think that would be the end of Stozu Demonage the Bright Obstacle of Grass (yes, really). But she's got Supergoblin Toughness and I pretty much walked it off. Specifically, I got far enough out of the camp to go to the world map, which kinda sort of healed her a bit. Unfortunately, she now has four semi-permanent yellow wounds: Upper Body, Left Upper Arm, Left Upper Leg, and Lung. She might not last much longer, which would be a damn shame.

EDIT: And then I tried DFusion and the game crashed because I'm an idiot, so now the save reverted back to before I even entered the camp. Balls.

EDIT: Take two! This time the loadout gave me a Swordsman, Maceman, Pikeman, and the Chieftess to fight. The swordsman went down with three hits, one to the foot (stabbed it off), hand (chopped it off) and head (punched it so hard his skull tore apart his brain). After that the party engaged the rest of the group, and then a Crossbowman showed up. While I ran off to kill him, the Swordsman in my party took a serious beating. Pretty much his entire body is red now. Everything else went smoothly, though. No injuries on me, my peasant follower is largely unharmed, and we succeeded! And now I'm saving, so I can mess around with DFusion without fear of accidental save scumming.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:30:50 pm by Batta »

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 13, 2011, 03:31:58 pm »

I threw a rat at an elf swordsman, it killed the elf, I was a dabbling thrower as well.... I kid you not. I also crippled an elf spearmaster using the same rat.
Blargh.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 13, 2011, 03:33:08 pm »

I just now noticed that you can see Deep Crows in the dark, because they have glowing red eyes.
The imagery.
It's just amazing.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 13, 2011, 03:54:16 pm »

If I could choose the first three things Toady implements in the next version they would be; ability to reequip companions without third-party hacks, more world interaction including herbalism, woodcutting, and engraving, and bring back the game saving information on hat tiles you've revealed while in a town, at least for a couple days (which also implies adventurer-made sites). I need to spend a whole 2-3 days walking up and down a section of road running through this village to train crutch walking anyway, leaving my maceman in the dust, because he doesn't have a crutch, if I'm not also training ambushing. Might as well smooth and engrave their road and build random wooden rails on the sides, then cut some trees and use the logs to pave the dirt road going through town.

Speaking of which, the fourth thing I would ask for is that any changes made to a site by the player which increase the total value of the town also increase the player's reputation in that site. I would be the town hero, elected mayor within the month, all because I'm bored shitless because I can't go kill bandits at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 03:57:32 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 13, 2011, 04:02:14 pm »

Me and my companions went to kill a Frost Wyrm.
Once we arrive, one of them proceeds to have his entire arm removed, and then get caught in a cloud of Frost Wyrm breath.
He managed not to bleed out from losing his arm, and survived having frostbite on every part of his body.
Now he may be blind, but he will always be one of my favorite companions ever.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 13, 2011, 04:11:47 pm »

I was playing Civforge not to recently, and started out as a high elf (dunno why, just felt like it.). I racked up some kills, made a name for myself, and, on my way back to a town after raiding a particularily wealthy goblin bandit camp, I was ambushed by wolfmen and a high-elf spearman. A macewolf got a locky shot in (with a freaking copper club, I might add) to my lower body, rendering me crippled from the waist down. I could only find one crutch, so I pathetically dragged myself around the world map until I got to a fort. I asked for a quest, and I was told to head west to find this guy in some other fort and ask him for a quest. I recruited some meatshields (ones whose corpses I could loot for quality armor.), and I set off. We were ambushed and brutally slaughtered. I was the last to die. And it wasn't some glorious death in battle. I drowned. In a pond. Even though I was an adequate swimmer. T_T

Edit:
Me and my companions went to kill a Frost Wyrm.
Once we arrive, one of them proceeds to have his entire arm removed, and then get caught in a cloud of Frost Wyrm breath.
He managed not to bleed out from losing his arm, and survived having frostbite on every part of his body.
Now he may be blind, but he will always be one of my favorite companions ever.

You should name him frosty.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:13:38 pm by Vorthon »

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 13, 2011, 05:24:07 pm »

Okay, so after the successful attack on the outlaw camp, I went and got a fourth follower, another swordsman, then went off to kill a Twilight Freak spouse. Her, um, house... was very disturbing. She was a pushover, but then I had three people plus myself piling on her and she'd forgotten her cleaver or something.

So then I got a job to go seek out a noble in a fortress, which sounded fine to me until I checked where that fortress was. Right back where I started, just a little way's north of the first hostile town. Even so, I decided to go check it out. After several days of travel and two random encounters (one against a jaguar, another against a trio of lions), we made it. Said fortress was, of course, not hostile at all. And now the Lady there has given me the task of slaying a "beast from the underground"!

... it's a troll. What a letdown. But I'm going to go kill it anyways.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 13, 2011, 08:54:36 pm »

I have lost Atir! :'(

I just went swimming in the river to kill some carp, and also train swimming on top of ambushing and crutch walking (I am sloooooow.) and I accidentally unloaded the tile I jumped into the river in. He of course stood where he was when i jumped in, so he was removed from the area when I ran back down there.

Where can I find him? The castle I recruited him from? A local castle? In the woods several miles outside of town?

I only had one friend left in the world, and now he's gone :c

Cancel that; He's back! No idea where the hell he went but he's back now so it's all good. And now he can give me quests too? What?
Also, The Subtle Insanity strikes again, with the founding of Catbrims by The Cremated Punch in year 70. Not going there, ever.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 09:09:06 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 13, 2011, 09:17:29 pm »

Well my new elven swordsman, Imepe StyleGroove, was out looking around for jobs. Lo and behold, there's a fortress, surely everyone there will want me to kill some bitter green bandit. He asks around and gets the basic troll mate and bandit quests. I asks a nearby bowman and... Wait, what!? A f**cking manticore!? You see I had modded the raws to be that drunian were now larger, rarer, intelligent, surface dwelling, had venomous tails, a more powerful bite attack, and were overall much more dangerous. They posed a moderate threat to an experienced adventurer, as long as he was cautious and crippled the stinger first, but to an adventurer barely out of the starting town it was certain doom. So after scratching off all other names off the list I gathered a large party and went for the manticore. Two minutes later, a dead manticore, and not a single scratch on me. 8)

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 14, 2011, 03:13:32 am »

so, i'm wandering the wilds...come across this shrine right? some iron loot on a few partial skeletons, no big deal k...I'm looking for the culprit cause I fancy myself a bad ass...not even 2 turns later a Balor splits my partner axedwarf in half without even blinking...instantly a "WTFHOLYBBQBATMAN" moment, where I then battle this faggot for 10 minutes...finally killing each other in a glorious final strike to it's skull where I finally succumb to my burn wounds from it's sword...

this is of course after I find nearly 30 (yes, I really fought over two dozen) night wives/husbands/children (apparently this was the communal orgy cave or something)...

I think I like battle axes now O.o

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 14, 2011, 03:21:47 am »

Well I played a Maceman that started with a nice Flair

I thought I was going to do well and my first assignment was to fight a Shadowcreature. I thought to myself that this was simple enough, afterall I've fought them before and won easily.

Little did I know that Flails were DEATH! (well I should have remembered that they really rely on high skills to flourish)

I stood up to my aggressor and repeatedly crushed and squashed him into pulp, but that pulp didn't want to give up. So after a long battle it got a lucky strike on me and knocked me down.

So I proceeded to turn it into pulp some more, turning its spine and skull into dust until I finally dusted its legs and it fell.

Then an even LONGER battle as I continued to dust my opponent until it managed to stab me through the lungs with a lucky shot

STILL I fought and soon my enemy was pretty much a moving blob!... a blob that however could still fight on as it chopped off my Flail hand!

So we fought some more! the battle was endless as I struck this beats numberous times as it bit off my nose, broke my pinky toe, and wouldn't stop calling me to my doom!

Then I realised that I needed air to breathe and passed out. Yet it STILL wasn't over, and I fought on as my attacker then got mad! It started tearing the skin off my body

Then I died of some sort of cause, I am not sure what. It could have been suffication, bleeding to death, there is just one thing I am sure of, it didn't run me through.

Dwarf Fortress seems maybe too heroic for blunt weapons to be that useful outside of the extreme levels of skill.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 14, 2011, 04:20:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
try an axe? those seem to MURDER everything...I'm playing genesis mod right now, I was looking through the raw's, found some interesting data...testing it all out now ^.^

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 14, 2011, 05:21:23 am »

Well...got a quest from the orc town north of here...didn't really read what I was fighting until I got there...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:23:05 am by Nopkar »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:18 am »

nice.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1104