Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2098821 times)

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1860 on: February 12, 2011, 09:00:48 am »

That was a very painfull death.... to one of my COMRADE , he got shot throught the heart by a bandit when I tried to assault there camp , guy was just staying there while i was slaughtering teh camp while in sneak mode , heh that was something
Desu

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
  • Standing on the shoulders of giants.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 12, 2011, 12:56:50 pm »

My new adventurer must now kill the troll Zomus Skulltombs The Fatal Shadow. Fan-fucking-tastic.
Nanos gigantium humeris insidentes.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 12, 2011, 03:10:39 pm »

My swordsman has this fever that comes and goes.
This is the first time anything like this has happened to a companion.(Probably because they usually die from ambushes)
Does anyone know how to deal with something like this?
Edit: Well there seems to be no need for that now, he has died from frost bite.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 03:17:28 pm by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 12, 2011, 03:26:51 pm »

(as a werewolf) just tore apart a nord village with my bare hands...strangling two at a time and disemboweling a third with my front and left eye-teeth..finally killed by boogeymen after I dropped almost a dozen...damn things are resilient, and when they finally get that strike to take you down, you're done for

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1864 on: February 12, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »

Oh man, so much is going on right now.

1. Slew a dragon singlehandedly, mainly by luck. It charged me when i was up against a wall, after which i dodged the charge, making it slam into the wall and fall down. After that, a stab to the heart and slash to the head. Yay.

2. Got assaulted by bogeymen. Chopped the shit out of them with my sword, though i lost a tooth to a punch.

3. Met some wolves. Threw the dragon at them, then chopped them to pieces.

4. Went to a castle to stash the dragon corpse. Found out that the inhabitants are naked and hostile wrestlers. Have started slicing limbs off. One poor sod lost both arms and legs before bleeding to death. Then i went into the lord house, and OH MY GOODNESS A HUGE HORDE OF NAKED WRESTLERS HEADING TOWARDS ME.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 12, 2011, 05:03:09 pm »

A castle that just happens to be filled with naked wrestlers?
Tell me if you found a tentacle demon in there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:06:11 pm by Horizon9 »

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1866 on: February 12, 2011, 05:41:16 pm »

No tentacle demons (is that good or bad?), but the current kill count is 28, all without taking a single hit. Silly naked wrestlers. :'D

Edit: It is night, and i am beating naked wrestlers with a dragon corpse in their sleep. I love this game so much.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 05:43:51 pm by Shook »
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

dragonkid11

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 13, 2011, 03:26:24 am »

So...It's your character female?
If it's yes then this is going from worse to ridiculously worse

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 13, 2011, 04:01:36 am »

For starting as a peasant, I'm kicking some major ass. Peasants are expected to die horribly the first time they get in a fight, but with the help of this maceman and the various dopes that I've also had to take flak, I've managed to take down several bandit camps, with about 10 to go before I've crossed off the last name. My adventurer, Das Immortalityfriendly, will eventually die to a buzzard clawing his brains through a bronze cap and helm, but you can only plunge headlong towards that fate. My goal is to clear this entire island of evil before moving onto the mainland and beating the s*%^ out of every living thing on it.
I've managed to allocate the bronze cap and helm, steel gauntlets, steel boots, two bronze mail shirts from my dead companions, and a bronze breastplate. I feel confident enough so long as nobody stabs me in the nuts/hacks a leg off.

The future is bright, so long as the walls are painted with a fresh coat of blood every few minutes to reflect the firelight you're walking away from.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 13, 2011, 04:29:31 am »

In order:

Created my Goblin Adventurer, Stozu Arstrukabo (Poison Demonage). Looking at her description, she sounds kind of cute. Talked to a townie who told me to go kill some outlaws. So I go to the nearest one, and it turns out it's some human sword-wielding girl who, as her description says, is "very short and very weak". I cut her down in about four turns and steal all of her clothes and such. Instead of returning to that town, though, I head over to another one because it has a shop.

The exact moment I stepped into the shop, a bolt whizzed by my ear. I panicked and ran from the town with an animal trainer chasing after me. I managed to outrun 'em, but it was getting dark and as far as I knew, the entire civilization had turned against me for killing an outlaw they'd sent me after. Still, I was hopeful and decided to head back to the first town. Night fell about halfway to the town, and They came out to play soon afterwords.

First, I emptied my backpack of everything I looted from the outlaw except her weapon (a silver longsword). Then I ran like hell. Stozu could outrun most of them without all that weight on her, but every now and then one or two would start to catch up on her. Thankfully luck was in my favor, as nearly every time I stopped to attack one, she'd charge at them and knock them to the ground, giving her a few extra turns before they'd start to catch up again. A few times one of them managed to play smart and ambushed me from the front, but I evaded them too.

And then the village came up on the minimap, and I thought I was in the clear. I realized just how wrong I was when I came to the river just east of the actual village itself. The river was actually a very small canyon--two Z-levels deep, but with only one Z-level of water. I didn't give up hope though, and after running south for a while I found a spot where I could safely swim through the river.

It was around this time, though, that I noticed my field of vision had started shrinking. I figured I was either starting to tire out or I'd taken a hit to the eye, but either way I was pretty much blind as far as seeing building was concerned. I still didn't give up hope, though, and continued running, until at last dawn broke, banishing them to the darkest corners of the world or something.

Anyways, as it turned out, the town was still on my side--there were actually two human civilizations in the area, and the hostile one supplied the outlaws which plagued the civilization I was currently allied with. So I took a well deserved nap, took on a pair of peasants (one male, one female) as followers, and set off to kill more outlaws.

It turned out that said peasants were actually pretty competent fighters, since they managed to kill off two outlaw leaders (with my help, of course). In the process one of them sustained a pretty bad hand injury, and I'd taken a nasty hit to my left arm. A short walk on the world map helped a bit, but arm injury was still yellow. A close examination of my inventory revealed that a copper spear was stuck in my arm. Pulled it out, bled a bit, walked it off, etc.

Later on I ended up entering a human town at night. I'd intentionally held it off until then to make sure I could leave without a hassle. No such luck, this town hates me too. So I tried to leave to the north, but a river blocked my way. I decided to head south, but my male follower stopped at the side of the river for some reason. A few turns later, a milkfish dragged him into the depths and began tearing him apart.

I was ready to abandon him, but then an alligator flew in from out of Nowhere, Kansas, and chased my female follower into the river too. I leaped in and the two of us killed the beast, but she took a nasty hit or three to the chest, bruising her heart and cutting open an artery. With one companion dead and the second in her death throes, I ran from the site, hoping that getting back to the world map would mean I could cheatyface my way into saving her life.

No such luck. Now I was without companions, in the middle of the night, and many miles away from safe haven. Ultimately I decided to chance it and head for the nearest town, hoping that it would be safe. I ended up walking 38 tiles before dawn broke, and not once did I run into Them. I took a nap once dawn broke, then bolted to the nearest town just as night fell again. Risky, I know, but I hate being drowsy.

Thankfully it turned out this town was also allied with me, and it had shops, too, so I could finally pawn off the loot I'd been saving (silver weapons from every slain outlaw). I ended up buying a *Bronze Scimitar*, which may or may not be an improvement over my basic Iron Scimitar. I also recruited another peasant girl, Disem Shimmeredsmile, as a follower. Hopefully she won't meet the same fate as my first two followers.

martys1103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 13, 2011, 07:38:36 am »

Well, in my adventure happened many things.
At my second mission, my left hand was hit by goblin with an axe, so I still can use only right hand(Artery is torn, I don't know if I will ever be able to).
On my fifth mission, I lost all my team to some goblins, but I managed to kill all of them and started going back. Suddenly I discovered glacier titan's shrine, so I went there to try my luck. After some walking, the titan said me something. It was dark, so I just stood in one place, waiting for him to come. Then he appeared and, hoping that I will not die, slashed his head and... I cut it of... I managed to beat my first titan with just one slash.
But closest village was still far, so I continued walking. suddenly I got ambushed by 5 skeletal yetis. I tried to fight, but I saw it's hopeless so I started running away. I managed to run away from 4, but one was still chasing me. Eventually he damaged my leg and I became slower. I decided to fight to the death then. I saw an opening in his defense. I could slap into his head without being blocked and I could do great damage. I attacked and... *POOF*... The skeleton disappeared.
Then I took more difficult mission- I had to slay hydra. I recruited small army and headed to it's cave. My leg was healed and I noticed I was walking faster than everyone else in my team. In that battle I noticed that stabbing heads was way more effective than slashing necks. In another mission I used this experience to score one hydra kill to my kills list.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 13, 2011, 10:25:34 am »

Me and some bowmen went on a quest to kill a Minotaur.
Soon as we get in, I start running around trying to find him, and I soon run farther than my partners.
I run into the minotaur, and just as the battle begins, a lone bowman appears and begins shooting at him.
She ends up having her right hand and wrist broken, her head has a large cut on it, and her spine is bruised.
I finish off the minotaur, and it's at that moment that I realize I haven't seen any of my other partners yet.
When I backtrack, I found everyone of their corpses, with blood everywhere.
The bowman that fought the minotaur with me was the only survivor.
He went and took us all down one by one like a Xenomorph.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 13, 2011, 02:13:51 pm »

After a series of awesome revenge kills of my old adventurer I have been sent to kill a minotaur in my first Labyrinth. Goodie!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 13, 2011, 02:37:15 pm »

I've had a rather mortifying experience just moments ago.
I and my five companions started the week with high hopes. We had eliminated three bandit camps without casualty, besides the other swordsman's motor nerve in his foot. Indeed, I hadn't had a chance to actually touch the enemy commanders; They were each one-shotted by one of my companions. I managed a slim 3 more kills, all of them a petty acquaintance of the leaders. In one camp, there was only one occupant in sight.

Then we went after Posek Freedied, and his band of roughly 8 men. The first two to engage us, a male-female pair of pikemen, both had their brains swapped at roughly the same moment, having done negligible damage to us. We then charged into the main camp, where the bloodbath started; I'm fairly certain 2 of my companions died in that fight, though the bandits were all slain. Meanwhile, I engaged the leader as he came running down from the north of the camp. I never made more than a couple useless scratches on him. He slashed my leg and took out a motor nerve, at which point I fled for a moment while my remaining 3 companions engaged. He killed one, slashed me up again and again I took a moment to reassess my position; This time I decided to go into hiding and flee as he had just killed the second companion engaging him. It was at that moment my maceman came back, having taken some serious injury and fleeing to the north (I thought he was among the dead, actually, but he only really lost his useless, broken hand.). He fought that bastard like the true hero he's been since the beginning...
And won. A headshot; morningstar lodged in the brain case and all the other fanfare.
We're both permanent invalids now, but from the last two camps I've acquired a pair of crutches. I'll have to open up DFusion and body swap him, giving him a crutch and new shield, whether having one hand will impair his using it or not, he's bloodied up enough now that he needs it.
We've both got full titles too; I'm Das Immortalityfriendly the Trampled Contingency of Hands, and he's Atir Tickmarkets the Incinerated Joy of Fancying. Slightly Jealous there... I of course have been dismembering my opponents, especially disarming them, before kills so it fits me. He just bashes people over the head, though he does it with style.

After swapping and giving him a crutch I'm going to go for a walk in the forest to build up skill for the both of us. Hopefully we'll be some decent fraction as effective as before. Never done it before, but now's a great time to learn!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:39:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Darthania

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 13, 2011, 02:51:24 pm »

^Nice  :) You'll be a crutch-pro in no time! I was just ambushed by about 15 goblins? 3/4 of which I decapitated.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 1104