Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2098823 times)

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1845 on: February 11, 2011, 02:37:59 am »

My first kobold aventurer who hasn't gotten exploded in some horrible way before killing 1st mission just got ambushed at night by a group of dwarves after killing a hydra. Slaughtered all 8 human companions while she snuck the hell outta there. Tense moments tho while waking up in the middle of a fight and navigating to escape with limbs and screams of companions flying everywhere.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Another one. At night. Another 8 meatshields companions dead. I need more.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:49:11 am by Igawa »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 11, 2011, 08:37:34 am »

...In the caves, no one can hear you scream...

my modded in "the guy" creature descended into darkness.
he had slain all bandits.he had slain all night creatures.
he had slain all titans,cyclopses,ogres,dragons,hydras,and the only bronze colossus.
and when nobody needed him anymore,he began killing random citizen.
this was still not enough.
so he discovered a nearby kobold cave,and killed all of them.he also began collecting rings.

and he still had not enough.
he began to venture deeper to the caverns,which were devoid of life.
and he found a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
that guy got all legendary skills,by the way.
Cotton candy skin and fat are durable.
I am a Goober.

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 11, 2011, 02:57:51 pm »

Just retired my first 'real' adventurer (one that wasn't designed to murder everything in sight). Lost functioning of leg due to severed motor nerve, which is srs business when anything can kill you in a punch. Maybe I'll revisit in a few years to see if it's healed but for now i'm thinking i want to murder the world.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 11, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

My first kobold aventurer who hasn't gotten exploded in some horrible way before killing 1st mission just got ambushed at night by a group of dwarves after killing a hydra. Slaughtered all 8 human companions while she snuck the hell outta there. Tense moments tho while waking up in the middle of a fight and navigating to escape with limbs and screams of companions flying everywhere.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Another one. At night. Another 8 meatshields companions dead. I need more.
Ok, clearly you're in the position to tell me what I've been looking for. What do I need to edit to get other races as adventurers?

My axedorf recently ran out of Night Creatures to tenderize, so he's gone to the frozen north south to do battle with the yetis and blizzardmen. It turns out it wasn't that kind of evil biome, so instead of aforementioned snowmen I'm taking on hordes of abominable zombies. Still, so far so good.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:36:41 pm by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 11, 2011, 04:36:36 pm »

Tasty, I not exactly sure if this is correct, but for every race that had an adventurer available, the raws said [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE].
Try putting that in the civilization raws and see if that works.
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 11, 2011, 04:37:15 pm »

Tasty, I not exactly sure if this is correct, but for every race that had an adventurer available, the raws said [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE].
Try putting that in the civilization raws and see if that works.
I'll try that. Thanks.
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1851 on: February 11, 2011, 05:32:09 pm »

Well, i just slaughtered the shit out of a troll with my bearman. Hitting the feet to knock people down is surprisingly effective, which can be followed by plenty of free stabs, slashes and bites.

i should have choked him to death
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 11, 2011, 06:03:39 pm »

Started up a Kobold Adventurer, got a job to kill a troglodyte. Went all the way to its cave, only to find that it was a zombie all along. And when I dragged it out of its lair to fight it, once I got it to fall over it just... vanished.

Currently stalking the thing's cave, waiting for it to come back.

EDIT: Ambushed by a creature of the night! It just popped up, yelled out its name, killed my partner, then threw me into a wall. Died instantly.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:10:01 pm by Batta »

Igawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 11, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »

Tasty

Edit the entity_default.txt, and add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] and [ADVENTURE_TIER: 4] to the kobolds, and off you go. I think it might be a little more complicated for other simpler creatures (ones which don't make civs might be more difficult, if you don't want to start as a naked outsider.)

Also, I edited the kobold size to be the same as the gobbos so i didn't have to find another kobold with armor to get armor.

Oh, and also remove the [LOCAL_BANDITRY] tag from your kobolds, otherwise you will auto-attack your companions and other neutral entities, rather than simply walking into/through them.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »

Tasty

Edit the entity_default.txt, and add [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] and [ADVENTURE_TIER: 4] to the kobolds, and off you go. I think it might be a little more complicated for other simpler creatures (ones which don't make civs might be more difficult, if you don't want to start as a naked outsider.)

Also, I edited the kobold size to be the same as the gobbos so i didn't have to find another kobold with armor to get armor.

Oh, and also remove the [LOCAL_BANDITRY] tag from your kobolds, otherwise you will auto-attack your companions and other neutral entities, rather than simply walking into/through them.
I actually did figure out the [ADVENTURE_TIER] thing a few moments ago, but I didn't consider the rest of that. Thanks a ton!

Horizon9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 11, 2011, 10:30:21 pm »

So I'm recruiting some Orcs into my Red Shirt Army, when I come across their emperor.

I wish he wasn't emperor, so I could recruit him.

Edit:

Illithids are my favorite race now.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:23:39 pm by Horizon9 »
What a tiny roc. I guess I could call it a pebbl.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 12, 2011, 01:09:02 am »

I was just attacked by 3 roaming bandits...stood there, all epic like, the first was gutted when he came to close, parried the second until he finally bled to death from multiple stab wounds, the ring leader comes running up, 300 jumps at me with a spear, I parry it, counter attack/stab him in the left leg and then proceed to lop his head off for his insolence...the MOST EPIC encounter EVER! lol

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 12, 2011, 05:09:04 am »

Months later, after multiple Cyclops encounters...my Legendary Hero is killed...by being encased in ice...BULLSHIT!

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 12, 2011, 06:19:18 am »

Welp, just got started on my new goblin adventurer. Managed to take his first Night Creature, and since it managed to kill two of hits three-man group he's honoring its power by taking up its former weapon as his own. What is that weapon? A dinner fork.

In all seriousness it's surprisingly effective for copper. If I can build up more skill to make hitting reliable I think I've found my weapon of choice.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 12, 2011, 08:58:18 am »

Just shot a man to watch him die. That's a really nice door.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 1104