Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054592 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16410 on: November 06, 2021, 04:39:50 pm »

Ato the coyote woman traveled to the only town in the world where her kind live in civilized society. And completely failed to find the only 3 other civilized coyote people. The towns also sports black bear people, dingo people, as well as a mix of many of the civilized races, and they're all out and about. However, the coyote people could not be found. There's a huge library here, full of like 100 scholars. Mostly dryads and a few orcs and elves. I also found a necromancer hanging out in one house. Wonder what his story is. No slab or books on him.

Haven't gotten into any real fights yet. Only killed some emus. Which is easy if you hack off one of their feet. Turned them into fancy clothing and decorations, and emu parchment quire to write in.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16411 on: November 09, 2021, 06:56:50 pm »

While wandering the world (modded), I discovered two towers whose decades-long conflict has finally broken out into open war.  (Both describe the other as being "bone-chilling horror".)

Weiwang Ropehill, an outworlder sorceress who learned both the secrets of the Drunken Master and the secrets of the Netherrealm, constructed the tower of Boardedpalace in the year 59.  From there, she began a lengthy campaign against a nearby oni civilization, The Just Witch, resurrecting the slain onis as powerful demon thralls and revenants, as well as conducting horrible experiments and producing a variety of strange monsters.

(There's also a bit of a drama triangle in Boardedpalace's history surrounding one formidible character, Zhipei Whipriders, an outworlder who was trained in both arts by Weiwang's apprentice, then murdered by the very same apprentice/master, and finally resurrected as a revenant by Weiwang herself, giving him the durability of a revenant, the combat prowess of a drunken master, AND the ability to summon attack skulls and raise zombies.  Weirdly though, I have seen him fighting zombies - not sure if they are naturally hostile to him for some weird reason or if there was just a loyalty kerfluffle.)

In the year 104, a new magic-user had arisen in the world.  This one was a centaur named Ban Tormentmess, who learned the power of soul stealing, allowing him to change form to any sapient creature in battle.  He constructed the tower of Wraithgnarled in 144, a stone's throw away from Boardedpalace.

In the year 176, Weiwang confronted Ban.  The centaurian smashed Weiwang's neck, and she retreated to Boardedpalace.

Their conflict was at a level of skirmishes when my adventurer arrived in the year 200.  After some time building a reputation by slaying nearby giants, the conflict had finally erupted into open war.  I approached Weiwang, requesting to become a soldier, and was accepted.  The demons and revenants are all quite friendly, though I do have to carve my way through a field of zombies whenever returning to the tower for new orders.  So far the only requests have been megabeast related.  I'm still waiting for the order to attack Wraithgnarled.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16412 on: November 10, 2021, 07:29:30 am »

I've more or less made Guts from Berserk.

Guy with a two handed bronze sword ( best that character creation could give me ), high strength and agility, and all of his points in dodging ( one rank of swimming ), and then the last point in swordsmanship.

I immediately statgrind him up, so now I have this buff barbarian who barely knows how to swing a sword but can move at like 1.937 speed while jogging, and hits like a truck when he does hit.

There's so many alligators for some reason on the world map and as named beasts, and one alligator actually bites my dude's left hand clean off. That's when I decided this character was going to be Guts.

I trained him up in throwing by throwing about 300 pieces of giant alligator meat at the spot I was standing on, kitted him out in full armour that I could find in hamlet administrative buildings, and got quivers full of arrows.

Now I'm really the Black Swordsman, able to shoot anything with arrows that I can apparently fire with my mind, and cut in half with my big ass sword that I'm swinging with one hand.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16413 on: November 10, 2021, 04:32:05 pm »

Okay, following up on the post above...

Weiwang the sorceress commander finally gave my adventurer a command other than beastslaying...but it's not the command I expected.

She wants me to drive the Kindling of Bleeding out of the tower of Boardedpalace.  The Kindling of Bleeding, incidentally, is her own group.

I think this is a bug.  I wonder if it's modding related, but the sorcerers are not that different from vanilla necromancers.  Do necromancer commanders normally give orders to drive them out of their own towers?  Do necromancer commanders even happen in unmodded games?  I've never heard of them.

Should I file a bug report?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16414 on: November 11, 2021, 06:07:07 pm »

While wandering the world (modded), I discovered two towers whose decades-long conflict has finally broken out into open war.  (Both describe the other as being "bone-chilling horror".)

Weiwang Ropehill, an outworlder sorceress who learned both the secrets of the Drunken Master and the secrets of the Netherrealm, constructed the tower of Boardedpalace in the year 59.  From there, she began a lengthy campaign against a nearby oni civilization, The Just Witch, resurrecting the slain onis as powerful demon thralls and revenants, as well as conducting horrible experiments and producing a variety of strange monsters.

(There's also a bit of a drama triangle in Boardedpalace's history surrounding one formidible character, Zhipei Whipriders, an outworlder who was trained in both arts by Weiwang's apprentice, then murdered by the very same apprentice/master, and finally resurrected as a revenant by Weiwang herself, giving him the durability of a revenant, the combat prowess of a drunken master, AND the ability to summon attack skulls and raise zombies.  Weirdly though, I have seen him fighting zombies - not sure if they are naturally hostile to him for some weird reason or if there was just a loyalty kerfluffle.)

In the year 104, a new magic-user had arisen in the world.  This one was a centaur named Ban Tormentmess, who learned the power of soul stealing, allowing him to change form to any sapient creature in battle.  He constructed the tower of Wraithgnarled in 144, a stone's throw away from Boardedpalace.

In the year 176, Weiwang confronted Ban.  The centaurian smashed Weiwang's neck, and she retreated to Boardedpalace.

Their conflict was at a level of skirmishes when my adventurer arrived in the year 200.  After some time building a reputation by slaying nearby giants, the conflict had finally erupted into open war.  I approached Weiwang, requesting to become a soldier, and was accepted.  The demons and revenants are all quite friendly, though I do have to carve my way through a field of zombies whenever returning to the tower for new orders.  So far the only requests have been megabeast related.  I'm still waiting for the order to attack Wraithgnarled.
That sounds straight out of a 90s adventure novel.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16415 on: November 11, 2021, 06:27:09 pm »

A part of me is really interested in playing whatever mod this is, but I say this as I already have a long list of df mods I'm meaning to try

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16416 on: November 11, 2021, 06:33:38 pm »

I've more or less made Guts from Berserk.

NRDL, I absolutely love reading about how you play adventure mode - this is ridiculous.

Should I file a bug report?

This is probably not a high priority to fix. Recently someone made a bloodsucker race who kept exiling their citizens for...bloodsucking (or something along those lines). I'd guess necros don't normally become commanders or hold those types of titles (in my most recent world, the necromancer government passed it off to some normal humans to take care of when they captured a castle, in which case, such a mission could feel like "an inside job"). Sending adventurers out to topple themselves is a bit silly, though. Go ahead and report it, if no one else has.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16417 on: November 11, 2021, 06:43:17 pm »

I built a site only to bury all my companions(also because they're stored in coffins(containers) they aren't rotting. To me this is a good set up for potential resurrection if I ever go necromancer. Most of my friends and pets died pretty intact!

After awhile I came back and built an inn next to it in hopes of attracting interesting npcs and information
I'm gonna leave the site with my axedwarves turned bards to manage it. Gonna try to infiltrate a dark pits and start a riot or two

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16418 on: November 11, 2021, 11:54:24 pm »

Coffins only seem to delay the rot. Eventually they will become unable to be animated.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16419 on: November 12, 2021, 02:38:31 am »

so just realize with one of my adv reactions that you can transfer artifacts status on to products with out destroying the artifact and this goes with Books and scrolls and quires.

which means one could find a really good book title and apply it to your weapons if you make the adv reaction to do so.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16420 on: November 12, 2021, 02:51:53 am »

I sent a lone adventurer with an candy sword into Silverydepths - my civ's just-conquered mountainhome. Threw some goblins down the stair-shaft to explode on the temples to Rakust, the god of death, below. Took down many of the soldiers and even saw Tekkud, the outpost liaison flee out the front gates, alive and well. It didn't last long, a wrestler got in there while I was in a pile of goblins in the bottom of the pit temple (the temples that are procgenned on the ground floor). Broken leg led to a swift death.

A party of four other adventurers - including a legendary swordsdwarf Kol, and peasant turned undead "returned one" turned necromancer Meng arrived at Silverydepths to bring this lone adventurer back. The fortress was abandoned, apparently I killed enough goblins to make them abandon the occupation. I walked a bit east and found their camp. Roughly a hundred goblins in tents - plus Tekkud and a few other dwarf nobles (who apparently...switched sides to the goblin forces?). The goblins start scattering as we start taking them out.

Currently slashing my way through them as Meng on autopilot keeps bringing the goblins back to life, then killing them again because they're enemies... Idiot.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16421 on: November 12, 2021, 06:11:10 am »

A part of me is really interested in playing whatever mod this is, but I say this as I already have a long list of df mods I'm meaning to try

It's the Fortal Kombat mod, but I'm currently in the process of improving, updating and bugfixing it, so maybe hold off a bit.
It is modular (it just adds creatures, civs, and interactions on top of the base game), so you can play it alongside most other mods without a problem.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16422 on: November 12, 2021, 06:38:47 pm »

Coffins only seem to delay the rot. Eventually they will become unable to be animated.

Heart breaking, because I don't wanna become a necromancer yet, but also I like the idea of my friends coming back  :'(

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16423 on: November 12, 2021, 11:04:03 pm »

Heart breaking, because I don't wanna become a necromancer yet, but also I like the idea of my friends coming back  :'(

Make a chump peasant who can read just for this? Or will 2 weeks leave them too rotten to raise again?

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16424 on: November 13, 2021, 07:51:04 pm »

Honestly haven't done the actual time math but I believe it was about two years for my first and only test before I realized he was no longer reanimatable/undeadifiable.
The time passing could be irrelevant if unretiring multiple adventurers and forts effects the rot on bodies. But I do believe bodies might act like food in containers in fort mode or something nonsense.
Two weeks outside of a container will probably be ok too. though again I don't actually have the resources to understand and corroborate my inclusion.
Most of my resurrection has been after 12 hours as that is the reliable river thaw time average and most survive this. Some men I have ran across regions in my arms and that is about a week travel and they can be resurrected fine, if the information in the zombie bacon thread is correct Ice encasement doesn't prevent rot either. I had ideas for nether cap bridge walls and ceiling dropping water freezing kinda deal but thats a pointless exercise if its an exaggerated river. It's only benefit is dwarf points and a nice way to spice your legends description as you can name the resurrection chamber and it will show where you where encased and resurrected.
Anyway. This is all unfounded rambling.
Pages: 1 ... 1093 1094 [1095] 1096 1097 ... 1104