Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094954 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15900 on: February 05, 2020, 07:58:55 am »

Started a new party game, found and adopted a horse to carry all my spare stuff.

The horse is by far the best combatant in the party, eagerly rushing into every combat and throwing hooves around like a madman. Goddamn kill-stealer is what he is!
Love, scriver~

IonMatrix

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUTAGEN_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15901 on: February 05, 2020, 08:38:04 am »

So I made  new guy and went out and murdered a bandit camp, then I went to a elf hamet to report my kills but everyone was all "it was inevitable" so i murdered everyone

And then I decided i should go brag about my elf genocide so I told some dwarf about it

And then he replied"It was inevitable"

A few moments later my inventory recieved a stack of dwarf meat
"Mutagen"! Such a lovely word! I simply MUST have more mutagen!

*sigh* I can't believe I play this game...

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: February 05, 2020, 08:47:03 am »

It is terrifying!

I started a new adventurer with a pet bear. The bear got badly mauled by goblins and was badly scared ever since (Also was unable to walk).
I left him in a fortress and am continuing questing for my baroness (without title). She has me slaughter kobolds all over the place.

My starting occupation was "hearthperson", but I suspect that baronesses can not have them.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: February 05, 2020, 01:36:44 pm »

The traveling companions option kind of vexed me at first, just starting out with a crew was a lot of micro management to jump into, but now I’m curious if a designated bard in your party can create a hero reputation for everyone else in the parties deeds. The sole human civilization in my world has been at war with a nearby goblin fort for 100 years, sacking the site each year since the year 55. I’ve created a team of dumb as bricks, blockheaded killers to finish the job, accompanied by a frail master of oratory whose sole goal is to make them famous.

KillerClowns

• Bay Watcher
  • Demonologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: February 05, 2020, 02:26:04 pm »

I am currently adventuring as a "Hillsmith's Demon". I had no idea what that was, beyond it being some necromancer's handiwork, before I started this adventure.

It means I'm a hulking, sexless orc-thing with warty skin, leathery wings with which I can freely fly, and no eyes. Yet somehow, not only can I see, I see better in light and am hindered by darkness. I do not need for food, drink, or rest, and my primary psychological need is violence, something readily available on the human/goblin border. The living dead leave me in peace. Bronze equipment sized for my massive frame and my raw strength suffice to overwhelm my foes.

It's a bit too easy. I'll probably retire to this necromancer fort I crushed and claimed dominion over, once I figure out how to ensure my conquest of it is somewhat solidified.
"A rational enemy is better than a foolish friend." -Arab proverb

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: February 05, 2020, 09:06:18 pm »

For a test i created a dwarven animal trainer character and decided to use all the demigod points for equipment/party into war dogs.
So ruling over a legion of +/- 40 war dogs my character walked toward a human town (i was using the world of fear mod, so everyone/everything not dwarf/domestic animal is CRAZED) to say hello.

War to the death obviously happened, and it was rather bloody as expected.

Those human civilians managed to put a fight despite being outnumbered (so much stabbing and punch to dog mouths with tooth flying), i guess CRAZED helped them to get some focus :D but i found rather amusing to notice that while they were being bitten, shaken and bleeding all around the town by murderous war dogs, they will still conversing about how some guys were abducted many years ago or that the rain was making them grouchy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They sure have their priorities right :D

Anyways, in the end all the war dogs died, so many human civilians were popping up to join the big melee after a while their superior CRAZED skills :D overcame the war dogs and their silly master.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: February 07, 2020, 02:17:23 pm »

Because of the bugfix regarding outsiders I just made one as I wanted to test the new embark options concerning the choice where to start. Had a juicy necromancer tower in mind. The necromancer and the experiments in said tower were neutral to me, only a lonely zombie elf was chasing me with the "no quarter"-tag. Outpacing him was no problem and I searched the whole site peacefully until I found what I was looking for: THE book.
I've read it, became a necromancer myself and now my real journey can start.

Becoming a necromancer right from the start is a thing now - I love this new update.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: February 07, 2020, 06:02:04 pm »

I keep going to dwarven forts but they’re bloody full of goblins, coexisting with — and outnumbering — the dwarves. On the plus side, though, turns out that if you beat a goblin to death with the head of his buddy in a dwarven fort, no one bats an eyelid.

Also — I think the whole ‘you can be a miner as your profession’ thing is the biggest piece of cheese I’ve ever seen, especially since you get a starting miner skill of Proficient (or something around there) then upgrade it for minimal points, and then buy a pickaxe with 100 points or so; you can get insane levels of skill at low cost, and a pickaxe is actually a great weapon.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: February 07, 2020, 07:30:03 pm »

well with the outsider thing fixed I wondered what if you made copper items that everyone start with super expensive and you just sell that to get what you want.
what I got was an overflow of the value which made everything that is copper cost money to sell and makes money buying it.
this lead to testing out if one could ride a dragon. the answer being yeah but they will buck you off and kill you,
this lead to testing out if one could ride a roc, the answer to that one was yeah but they will stop being your companion and you can't fast travel... also will also try to buck you off and kill you.
which leads into the idea of megabeasts while mountable is better off undead first,
so currently I'm just flying on a giant owl and leading around a bunch of giant cave spiders.
this is possible in the newest version.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #15909 on: February 07, 2020, 11:17:56 pm »

I had a world where it has been thousands of years since the collapse of civilatization  by the hand of the undead. I played as a human  outsider who have been surviving in the new world all her life, she don't know much about the old world and don't much care about it. Her journey began in an old miliatry fort, scavenging for anything she can find that might help her survive another day. While in one of the housing she heard a noise outside...fear enrapt her stomach for she knew her greed got the best of her, she knew these fort aren't vacant but still she plunder deep in the heart of the fort hoping to find some weapon she can trade off to the last dwarven fortress.. she ran outside...and there she saw a horde of small humanoid with a fat bulging trunk swaying left to right charging towards her, blocking her exit she ran inside the fort trying to find an exit. Her breathing increases as she flew those flight of stairs with purpose and fear...every point she went were dead end...eventually those night creature caught up...forcing her to go up...she reached the top of the  fort, tired and panting for air but  determine to survive someway...but woe is heart as she saw a night creature revealing itsself across the bridge trapping her...she a made one final desperate move a move that may end her life, but she will be damned to let those night creature eat her alive. She made the leap of faith and jumped from top of the fort. Landing foot first causing  massive impact to her legs forcing her crawl to safety...but by the gods she was able to escape from that fort, and somehow her feet healed after some hours...she made a camp and slept for the night still shaken by the experiencing but grateful that she gets to live another day.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:21:50 pm by Luckyowl »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: February 08, 2020, 12:12:57 am »

I have to say, I'm very pleased with the fact that I can finally charge a dragon on horseback in adventure mode. I actually feel like a badass knight out of some medieval epic rather than just some schmuck who goes around thwomping monsters to pass the time. :P

Naturally my character still got incinerated just like 44.12, but at least he died with honour this time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:17:10 am by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: February 08, 2020, 12:20:25 am »

I have to say, I'm very pleased with the fact that I can finally charge a dragon on horseback in adventure mode. I actually feel like a badass knight out of some medieval epic rather than just some schmuck who goes around thwomping monsters to pass the time. :P

Naturally my character still got incinerated just like 44.12, but at least he died with honour this time.

Did he have a shield?

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15912 on: February 08, 2020, 12:26:18 am »

I forgot to give him one, but part of his personality was "He is incredibly brave in the face of looming danger, perhaps a bit foolhardy", so I thought it would be in character for him to give dragon-slaying a shot anyway. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: February 08, 2020, 09:17:16 am »

Snuk into a goblin pit as a goblin and started to have some old classic fun by slaughtering everyone in my path (this world is overflowing with goblins pushing the other civs back).

At around near 50 kills i started receiving crippling blows, first a leg was rendered unusable, soon followed by the other leg and both arms.

Here am i now, a enraged goblin with broken limbs, and arrows sticking out of limbs guts and body hobbling around like some enraged floppy slug dragging useless limbs behind me biting to death everything in my path. Killcount raised to 70, just bit a beak dog to death in their meeting hall for all thats holy. Every troll i dare bite is running away in terror.

I love imagining how admits other goblings drinking partying and watching the chaos there is this one crippled blob of goblin hobbling around on its belly occationally biting another goblin and shaking him to death while foaming at the mouth with that insane glint in his eyes. xD

Anyhow, it apparently somehow managed to trigger a full blown brawl. Gobbos are taking sides, some are now allies of me and its turning more and more into a bloodbath.
//Edit: As far as Legends view is concerned i apparently managed to start a full out insurrection at this place, nice.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 10:13:46 am by Astrid »

horribleflesheater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: February 08, 2020, 01:40:10 pm »

Gen'd a new world, and wound up with something I usually like- a human civ completely cut off from the rest of the world by a glacier, isolated from the goblin hordes who have been doing their thing conquering every other civ on the continent. Quickest I've ever made a name for myself, what with all the human sites being on top of each other. Became a protector of the innocent and recovered two artifacts! Had a monty python moment in one of my last bandit encounters, I was resting up to fight a sasquatch when a bandit ambushed me. I was tired and thirsty, and didn't want to exert myself dealing with the maceman, so I broke both of his wrists and fled the encounter. A few days later, I'm leaving a mead hall, and I get ambushed by a maceman. I'm -very- beat up already from the sasquach encounter, and I'm feeling this might be the end. I look, and it's the same maceman, unarmed and unable to hold a weapon, but very intent on kicking me to death. I let him off with a gelding blow.

Had to give in to starvation. I tried crossing the glacier, I didn't think it'd take too long outside of fast travel since it was just 5 overworld tiles from my homeland to a valley of dwarven hillocks, but I got hit by -massive- lag on the glacier that slowed me down to one move forward every 30 seconds.

We really need animal trainer relevancy. I started as a peasant hunter and absolutely wrecked bandits over and over by recruiting hordes of tame dogs and grizzly bears. The ASPCA would not have been a fan of this adventurer.
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1104