Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095821 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #15060 on: March 27, 2018, 05:32:14 pm »

No hope there, but the search function works well enough.
In a time before time, I had a name.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15061 on: March 28, 2018, 11:43:46 pm »

What do you mean? My adv slaying a dragon gets the exact same search terms "conflict fight" as does anything attacking anything else.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15062 on: March 29, 2018, 12:39:33 am »

"Making adventurer interface clearer and prioritizing important info" is part of this update cycle. Have patience.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15063 on: March 29, 2018, 08:39:28 am »

I just scroll through the encounter spam until I find the thing to tell npcs. That or in some cases I add AT_PEACE_WITH_WILDLIFE token to my adv-only super-creature(s) to bypass the hassle.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15064 on: March 30, 2018, 09:12:35 am »

I've retired my fort after 5 years, as it started to get boring, having run out of things to do in that particular fort. (Also FPS death.) Besides that, there's a few things I want to do in Adventure mode, starting with investigating Adil Honortrumpets, who gave the order to recover an artifact. Initially I thought that one of my citizens created the artifact, and it turned out to be kind of true.

After inspecting the world in Legends mode, I've discovered that "my" artifact was not actually created in my fort, but rather in the fort of one of my "sibling" civs, and the guy who made it is the son of the Adil.

I've found Adil in adventure mode, and I'm about to steal it myself.

It is time to gather supplies and companions, as my fort is far away from where I started.

Edit: After several days of traveling I arrived back at the fortress, but to my surprise, most of the artifacts were gone, including the artifact I was looking for! I also couldn't ask anyone where it was, and after a while I gave up searching and went into legends mode to see where it was.

This happened right after I started my adventurer:

("1-tailed fox" is from a mod.)

RIP Quest.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 01:25:35 pm by latias1290 »
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15065 on: March 30, 2018, 01:48:08 pm »

D-don't most foxes have one tail?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #15066 on: March 30, 2018, 02:46:20 pm »

Hey, do gauntlets figure into punching? They don't right?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15067 on: March 30, 2018, 05:12:05 pm »

oh yeah remember losing a one eye Fox fiend adventurer by destroying a tent while in it.
death by collapsing Cloth, what a way to go.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15068 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:34 am »

Hey, do gauntlets figure into punching? They don't right?
They don't.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15069 on: March 31, 2018, 04:40:44 am »

There's three castes (actually 6, half of them are male and another half female) of one, two, and three tails, with a population ratio of 5:2:1 respectively.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15070 on: March 31, 2018, 02:37:57 pm »

death by collapsing Cloth, what a way to go.

Heh, yikes. That's pretty much the warrior equivalent of dying on the toilet.. what a way to go indeed.

I like the new way the combat works because no longer clothed npcs are as weak as they were before, even with applying my new ischronite two-handed broadsword on them, larger foes with clothes take some effort to damage and/or sever and mind you, my ischronite metal alloy is still a godly version of adamantine so that is something fierce for sure as changes go.

Decided to spice things up by toning down my ischro-draenei's body durability down to near-default values, an easy thing to change for my existing adventuress as I've defined most of the necessary info in the creature's raws years back now. I can simulate my need for Wolverine healing with full-heal script plus I now have an actual reason to don full ischronite armor on my adventuress; consisting of mail coif, horned helmet, mail shirt, segmented breastplate, gauntlets, chain leggings and high boots. All of which I've already have equipped.

Nowadays though I think a bit more like a Tau firewarrior from Warhammer 40k as I'm more keen to dodge and otherwise avoid getting hit while planning to land a damaging hit from afar in other games. So in a way I've come full circle back to the idea of having my DF characters wear only pieces of armor where needed and the rest is optional. It's merely just awesome at this point to have a full suit of ischronite armor on, ought to have an intimidating effect for npcs to discourge them a bit and think twice to take on someone armored from horned head to hoof.

EDIT: What!? I can finally name weapons other stuff with campfire while adventuring whenever? Splendid!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 03:35:29 pm by Droggarth »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15071 on: April 01, 2018, 02:13:43 am »

There's three castes (actually 6, half of them are male and another half female) of one, two, and three tails, with a population ratio of 5:2:1 respectively.
Ah, so what I said was technically correct. The best kind of correct.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15072 on: April 05, 2018, 03:23:12 pm »

Anyone else having trouble with companions? Tried clearing a bandit camp and my only companion didn't go hostile on the guy I attacked when I attempted to stealth him, eventually resulting in my death after I took a good hit. On the other hand, I had no issues fighting a night creature with him earlier.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15073 on: April 05, 2018, 10:16:19 pm »

Speaking of bandits, had to prove a draenei exarch to be a worthy valiant so I went and took down a bunch of earth elementals and earth elemental drudges, they were all bandits and thus collected their severed heads and went back to the town of Parchhonor only to hear the exarch say that he has no room for another valiant after me telling about my adv's violent deeds upon the bandits, oh well.. a bummer.

Good thing is there are other smaller draenei civs nearby right next door basically so the potential to be a draenei version of a hearthperson has about a dozen choices (genned a 88 year old world after getting .44.09 along with mods up and running, hence the different name of the draenei town). Got at least some fame already going with that bandit butchery in the camp and got a few new locations to investigate.

Decided to also name/make my first artifact out of my new 'two-handed broadsword' weapon and named it 'Butchercarnage' in draenei langauge which even story-wise is a fitting name IMHO as I chopped most of the rocky bandits alive into dismembered body parts until their heads had to roll to finish them off for good, then butchered all of their remains after the battle. Yeah, my draenai mutant lass isn't that peaceful nor all that right in the head and thus remains in the twilight of light and dark due to my ischromancy witchcraft.

Gotta say I liked how the first bandit that saw me demanded to know who I am or what I'm doing there and then upon closer distance the fight started along with other bandits nearby joining the battle. In a couple of versions back they didn't give a flying cat's arse about who was in their camp for most of the time.

Anyone else having trouble with companions? Tried clearing a bandit camp and my only companion didn't go hostile on the guy I attacked when I attempted to stealth him, eventually resulting in my death after I took a good hit. On the other hand, I had no issues fighting a night creature with him earlier.

As far as I'm concerned currently, I have no idea yet as I haven't gotten any companions yet. Ought to find some now that I think about it to test them.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:35:25 pm by Droggarth »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15074 on: April 06, 2018, 09:52:05 am »

Seems to be working as intended now. I suppose I can't fault the AI for taking a second to decide whether or not joining me is a good idea in each and every conflict (not that I know that's what was going on, but given how precarious I can be, I don't blame them)
Pages: 1 ... 1003 1004 [1005] 1006 1007 ... 1104