Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2054170 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #14055 on: May 04, 2017, 06:09:28 pm »

Ventured into a Cyclops cave on orders from the Hearth.
"Hi Cyclops!" I said.
He spit at me, I dodged into a wall, injuring myself. Cyclops punched my head into gore.

Ho hum...

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #14056 on: May 04, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »

So i have started a new adventurer who is going to kill every single Megabeast in the world

CHAPTER 1

My name is Budkin the Shaman i have gone on a quest o destroy every single one of the Forces of Chaos that exsist in this world
I was given my quest by a spirit in my cave i was just an ordinary bigman, giants who lived in caves and communed with the underground nature.
I was approached by a figure of light in my cave. The being said to kill the 20 forces of chaos in this world so that is why i am on this journey.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A DAY LATER

After meeting the dwarves of Worshipedwalled a fortress I asked them for some Steel to make my weapons so after that i make
a steel mace and a steel whip.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANOTHER DAY LATER

I soon arrive at The Shaft of Rampage The home to one of the twin DuckLords. the one i must send to the abyss is Ecacel Questcloses The Fierce Strangeness.
After one long fight with me slowly destroying the ducklord and him destroying me I soon kill him!

one down 19 plus semi-megabeasts to go!

After this the light being says well done you are know known as Bunkin Gripnarrow the Bigman Shaman.

EDIT Oh by the way i started this adventurer with only peasant stats so this will be really !!FUN!!

« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 08:37:03 pm by UselessMcMiner »
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14057 on: May 04, 2017, 08:39:35 pm »

My hero's tactics are gut punches combined with dodging.
Gut punches are great and thoroughly meathead-ish. Not sure what bites and kicks qualify as. Probably less flattering.

////////////////////////////////////

Bim Fieldpebble ferries the alligator corpse to fortress Keybegan. While there's no library here, he spies 2 books in Keybegan's trade depot. Quite relieving.

As before, conversation fills out the legends mode of a hidden history world. All NPCs who occupy certain noble civ positions are exported to legends, but many of them are more cardboard cutout than real, since they have no families to speak of. All they've got is hivemind. Here in Keybegan's trade depot, Bim encounters elf leader Olon Timikstoltad who is a historical figure with a family. He's not a disembodied voice like so many other NPCs.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He also seems like a learned sort.

Bim trades off the alligator corpse and a spool of giant cave spider silk thread for 5 fisher berries. It's a shame non-sentient corpses have such low value in trade. The whole should be worth more than the sum of its constituent butchered parts.
Luckily, Bim's first occupation was silk farmer.

Bim manages to collect 11 books in Keybegan and finds a quiet room to read through them all. Only one of them is worth keeping.

Outside Keybegan Bim has an unfortunate encounter with Kadol Famoustongs, a bowdwarf who shouts "intruder!"
Bim manages to hide himself to avoid a violent interaction. Why spill dwarven blood?

It seems this was the fault of having ambusher on and crossing into a temporary camp. The next morning Bim walks into that camp and discovers, all included are historicals. He's relieved he didn't use Kadol Famoustongs or any of the others as grappling dummies.
Elves have the best taste when it comes to books.

A few days later and northward, Bim enters human lands. Among the first of the nobles he meets is the former hunter lady Dasar Shotyelled.
Soon it becomes clear this area is home another vault.
Singebastions is somewhat close to Lashcradled.
Code: [Select]
138: Stotsasal, "Singebastions", vault
Owner: The Sunken Scholar,
25 Warring Soldiers
50 Puppets of Kivish
1 Kivish's Monster

120: Ukkarazstrog, "Beautydevil", dark fortress
Owner: The Short Demon, goblins
Parent Civ: The Blue Monster, goblins
lady: Atu Hatchethex, human
37 humans
1043 goblins
4 dwarves
1 scarlet brute
701 trolls
701 beak dogs
5 human prisoners
1 dwarf prisoner

122: Ngomanu, "Doomnight", dark fortress
Owner: The Delightful Devil, goblins
Parent Civ: The Plagues of Nourishment, goblins
lord: Kulet Ceilingdrank the Symmetric Weather of Hills, dwarf
1068 goblins
74 dwarves
1 scarlet brute
751 trolls
751 beak dogs
37 dwarf prisoners
10 goblin prisoners
It's unknown which scarlet brute created Singebastions, but they're both alive. Another look through region1-01050-01-01-world_sites_and_pops.txt reveals the total number of demons with seats of power:
1 deer fiend
1 gecko devil
1 mammoth brute
1 gecko demon
1 one-eyed fiend
1 scarlet brute
1 scarlet brute
An interesting assortment, but maybe not interesting enough to pay visits to given the lag that may be involved. Who knows?

Ember

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14058 on: May 04, 2017, 09:49:24 pm »

i keep on losing adventurers... though on another note, if you dont choose any skills you start with a pitchfork

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14059 on: May 04, 2017, 09:53:24 pm »

God damn jabberers are tough. One snatched me in the upper body and BAM lungs gone. I embedded my steel short sword in it's lower body as vengeance before finally/almost instantly succumbing to my wounds.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ember

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14060 on: May 05, 2017, 01:46:04 am »

so i got directed to a camp for "vermin" but when i got there i find what look like criminals, theres a chief here with some followers, safe to assume that i can kill them?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14061 on: May 05, 2017, 01:49:25 am »

As long as they all have military professions and claim to be the chiefs lieutenants they should count as bandits, yeah.

Ive killed "skulking vermin" kobolds and been accused of murder. If theyre not soldiers, theyre not fair game, apparently.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #14062 on: May 05, 2017, 06:55:20 am »

@peasant cretin Maybe in another decade, I'll have killed that many in my forts.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #14063 on: May 05, 2017, 02:20:57 pm »

Well, I just got a moment in my current world that makes me dislike nobles even more.

Seemingly two bandit gangs ambushed me and my companions on our way out of town - I'm guessing there were two since there was both a chieftess and a master.

My companions died fairly early on - bled to death from repeated attacks by the bandits. I took their weapons after the battle.

Eventually after enough were killed, the rest retreated - I gave chase after some of the remaining survivors.
What struck me as odd is that after I came back to the battleground, I found a lady consort there, wielding a khorium scourge.
I'm starting to think she was involved with the gangs and it was supposed to be some type of hostile takeover of the town - I'll have to look in legends viewer later.

I'm hoping situations like this will be an actual event recognized as treason in-game in the future, this was pretty awesome.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14064 on: May 05, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »

I'm at a loss as to what to do!

I've had adventures involving the hunting of great beasts (Erith is well-known locally as a mighty hunter, with her stately dwarf attendant, Ast, always close behind.)

Where do people usually go from here? What are common goals? I'm new to adv mode.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Ember

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14065 on: May 05, 2017, 02:55:51 pm »

you could try find a vault

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14066 on: May 05, 2017, 03:02:55 pm »

Well I mean if I wanted to instantly die I could just go punch the local 3-eyed fire breathing stegosaurus.

It's worth mentioning that Erith is a competent fighter. Very early-on in her quest.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Ember

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14067 on: May 05, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »

have you built your own camp? find a spot near water and in my opinion in the middle of where you expect to be around for a long time. you can also continue to raise your skills

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14068 on: May 05, 2017, 04:21:49 pm »

Been a while since I've done a full-on monster island, and what luck. First area I show up I have obsidian on hand for a decent spear.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14069 on: May 05, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »

have you built your own camp? find a spot near water and in my opinion in the middle of where you expect to be around for a long time. you can also continue to raise your skills

This is a good idea.
Pages: 1 ... 936 937 [938] 939 940 ... 1104