Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2100564 times)

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2010, 02:29:19 am »

GDS are good at that. It's happened to others before. Blame the [GRASP] tag.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2010, 02:34:52 am »

My heroic Dwarven adventurer, Thagtos Axesteel is locked in mortal combat against a Giant Desert Scorpion. Somehow, the Scorpion grabbed the axe with it's pincer, took it from my grasp, and fucking hacked me in the leg with it. I can't walk, and I'm not strong enough to get my axe back. Since the axe isn't even embedded in the scorpion, the scorpion is WIELDING it, I can't grab it and twist either. Who will come out on top in this battle? Only time will tell.

If you use wrestling to grab the axe with one of your hands, you can then (I)nteract with the axe to try to gain possession of it.  That said, it probably won't work unless you're a really good wrestler.

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »

Just started someone new.  Have killed a hydra and then climbed a mountain... now about to descend into the depths (through the cave where the hydra lived) to look for a suitable weapon to attack the local goblins with.
I wonder if the world will thank me for bringing the weapon up to the surface?

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2010, 08:15:18 am »

Im fighting a hydra.Is wrestling it a good idea?
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2010, 08:16:10 am »

Im fighting a hydra.Is wrestling it a good idea?

I would invest in ax, sir.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Urist mc.miner

• Bay Watcher
  • Exit light!Enter night!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:48 am »

OH F*** i just threw rocks and stuff at it i accidently pressed the rest button and got my spine ripped out [It didn't really rip out my spine it just killed me in a single turn and by the rest button i mean the button that wastes your turn]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:07:57 am by Urist mc.miner »
Quote from: Footkerchief on Today at 02:46:06 am
Quote from: Grakelin on May 12, 2010, 10:01:05 pm
In Soviet Russia, environment destroys you!

Germany learned this the hard way.

Xzalander

• Bay Watcher
  • Flooding Forts Since 1402.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:41 am »

My Dwarf was wrestling with a Forgotten Beast in my Cloned Fortress of Outrage Anvil, I'd managed to rip off three out of four horns, and several chunks of grime and his left leg. Even caved his skull in six times and choked him.

Unfortunately I figured due to him being made from Grime he was unkillable, so I had my Wrestler cripple his remaining leg and walk off, but not before grabbing his Horns, stuffing them in his inventory and eating a Plump Helmet Roast infront of it.

If someone is going to mess with my fort, they deserve to drown in poop.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2010, 12:15:14 pm »

I got shot in the pinky with an Iron Bolt. I removed the bolt, but the blood wouldn't stop flowing. I eventually bled out a day later.

Stupid archers.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

RysanMarquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2010, 01:15:07 pm »

I had an adventurer who was part of a race of semi-corporal beings I modded in.

Things start off and I realize I can't wrestle or punch anyone and have no gear.

So I pick up a rock at beat a wolf to death with it.

Then I beat a bear to death with the wolf.

Then I go to a goblin citadel and beat their giant demonic master to death with a bear.

Then I have the most powerful weapon in existence. I hit enemies so hard they literally explode after flying across the screen. He took on the entire fortress until someone thought to shoot him at the next citadel he raided. Unfortunate part of being made of non-solids is that almost anything that hits you will chop off your limbs...

pickupsticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:17 pm »

Three days (three REAL days, not game days!) later and I'm still wandering around underneath a mountain.

Lots of swimming through underwater passages... not much in the way of wildlife down here.  I was running into lots of crundles to start out with, but I've seen less of these as I move further Eastwards.
I hope I don't drown because I misjudge how long I can hold my breath for!  The last passage I swam through left me stunned afterwards.

The tigerpeople that agreed to follow me got left behind a LONG time ago.  I wonder if they're looking for me?

It's going to be murder getting back to the surface when I decide to come back up - but I'm def0 going to attempt it.  Unless I die first.  Still quite a bit of food left, but I seriously wasn't expecting to be down here for so long!

Seen a fair bit of Adamantine - it's pretty.

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2010, 12:51:46 am »

Going spartan over a village's ass. Only with one bronze shield and two bronze spears. Throw one spear, stab with the other.

Tastysaurus Rex

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2010, 07:49:29 pm »

Just started a new adventurer (in 40d; 2010's too broken for my tastes.) Made a hammerdwarf, but apparently the only dwarf civ here is tucked away behind a fat mountain range so if I want to accomplish anything I have to manually hike over the whole thing.

I'm worried I might starve. I've got plenty of blood on me from random wolf fights but not so much in the way of food. I'm hoping something comes along so I can kill it and eat some rotting cadaver when my stomach caves, but so far it's nothing but skeletal hoary marmots. And then these goddamn chasms seem dedicated to making sure I don't cross in a timely manner. Is there some trick to crossing these without walking for miles to find a way around?

Hopefully I make it and awesomeness happens. I've got a good feeling about this one!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:08:42 pm by Tastysaurus Rex »
That wasn't technically a miscarriage, but the doctors didn't have a concise term for "gave birth and immediately baptized the baby in liquid fire."
Dwarf Fortress: Killing people so you can draft their dogs into the army.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2010, 08:21:43 pm »

My Ultra-Mighty, Perfectly Agile, Tough adventurer just got caught in a flash freeze. RIP. He made rivers run red with blood for miles. Fish would clog the river running from him. He had 88 notable kills and 722 other, including 104 wolves and 244 carp.

I should also mention that he was A FUCKING NOVICE MINER. Srsly.

Double edit. His finest moment was strapping barrels of booze to his back, and walking into a fire. he started smoking, and I walked out. The booze exploded, engulfing him in flames, and he survived. Either that or blocking dragonfire, and decapitating the dragon. While laying on the ground with two broken legs. I can only assume that he blocked the dragonfire by spinning his blade so fast the flames blew around, like Rurouni Kenshin.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 08:44:30 pm by Vertigon »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2010, 06:10:57 am »

I can only assume that he blocked the dragonfire by spinning his blade so fast the flames blew around, like Rurouni Kenshin some swordguy from any anime about swordguys.

Fix'd :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

saarmae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2010, 01:19:48 pm »

Yeah so made a dwarf, walked around a bit, started bleeding FOR NO APPARENT REASON and died shortly after...
Oh yeah, i was melting too apparently...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:23:39 pm by saarmae »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1104