Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099272 times)

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1335 on: December 01, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »

I keep trying to sneak into a cave, but 20+ kobolds are hunkered down in there like it's World War One or something. Seriously, I just can't get in. =_=
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 01, 2010, 03:40:12 pm »

I keep trying to sneak into a cave, but 20+ kobolds are hunkered down in there like it's World War One or something. Seriously, I just can't get in. =_=

Are they hostile? If not, lay down and crawl. You will get through.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1337 on: December 01, 2010, 03:41:15 pm »

They are very hostile. Mobbed me all at once.
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 01, 2010, 03:56:47 pm »

Show up, throw few stones, run away, sneak around and to the caves, ???, profit?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 01, 2010, 05:25:00 pm »

Protip: KILL THEM ALL, YOU PANSY ELF!

They're kobolds. They feel pain, they have nerves and arteries. They're small and weak. They can vomit. It really doesn't matter what weapon you're using, even if you aren't using one. Hell, bash them into unconsciousness with a buckler! You can't go wrong, killing kobolds.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Cody1750

• Bay Watcher
  • The Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 01, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

Currently still adventuring with Cody Steelsavior The Fortification of Sundering.  Me and my band of 5 companions with all types of weapons are currently riding the world of all evil.

After a lost fight with a giant desert scorpion resulting in the lose of his other group of companions and the use of his right foot.  I have amassed a great quantity of skills and am now a legendary crutch walker level 9 and a grandmaster swordsman.

He is equiped in my modded platemail with full coverage and of great quality.  I am using a pick for a throwing weapon and a sword and shield combo.
Dieing is easy, living is the hard part.
Cacame Awemedinade, Elven Dwarf King, the universes awesomest elf ever.  Follower of The Way of Axe, Blood and Coal
If your armor was 50% as good as two other civs and 30% as good as a third, do you really think you'd do well in war? That'd be like trying to engage a rocket-launcher mounted Humvee with a pistol riding a tricycle.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 02, 2010, 02:38:39 am »

Fought a balor. Survived. Cut off its horns, tail, whip (which immediately turned into a lump of iron) and its sword.
...then I discovered that chucking its sword at things melts the crap out of them "in a burst of of balor flames"

Sure it weighs more than the rest of my posessions combined, but who cares?

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 02, 2010, 02:40:07 am »

Inod the legendary heroin has been struck down by boogy men, an ambush my seven winged trolls deep in the wilderness killed all five of her companions, the cave dragon she was hunting found her but she turned the tables on it and put it out of her misery.
 and a few steps from a previously cleared bandit camp an ambush by boogey men. She took one step towards a slope and found herself looking at a boogeyman from one step away. still not spotted she tried to go back up the slope, however she must have stepped on a twig, for she was spotted and bumrushed and was on the ground, in pain with a boogey man standing on top of her, with 6 more running up
Death was swift.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 02, 2010, 02:49:11 am »

Inod had 39 notable kills, which included 2 dragons, 1 Troll 1 minotar, 2 winged trolls, 4 winged troll spouses, 1 winged troll child. Her companions killed a third dragon that she had shot in the upper spine. If I can figure out how to get a picture to pose I'd post proof.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #1344 on: December 02, 2010, 05:16:26 am »

My serpent-man is fully outfitted in finely-decorated blacksteel/chitin/steel armor, legendary fighting/shielduser, talented in 4 weapon styles, and has 60 kills to his name. Of 6, Two of his followers have dragonscale armor pieces, which he will oh so gladly inherit, and is on his way to a minotaur on the other side of a mountain range, without a clear way across, about 20 tiles as the crow flies on the Q map.......euch, this might slow things down.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 02, 2010, 08:50:11 am »

Well. Urfra, after killing just about every hostile creature in the continent, has turned her sights to finally meeting her hero, Warghui Kutsmobzon... The only problem? His village, Witchrhyme, is on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD...
Urfra is determined. She's never backed down from any obstacle before, and this is her new goal...

Any tips for overseas travel, i.e swimming, guys? :S

EDIT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:28:27 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 02, 2010, 08:56:28 am »

There's not much to it, really - just swim. You can use q to check where you are. Or maybe Q. Bah, I can't remember, either of those.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 02, 2010, 09:30:28 am »

Heh, well I hope there aren't sharks etcetera... Eek!
I edited my post, with some story-stuff as well as a map...

EDIT:

We-ell... That didn't go so well.  ::)
I thought, "Wow! This isn't so bad! The water's frozen!---"
Then suddenly the game froze... I knew that couldn't be good... I browsed through the forums while I waited for it to finish whatever it was loading, and eventually, a good ten minutes or so later, the ice melted suddenly and everyone was thrown into the water! Urfra could swim, thankfully, but the others all drowned a z-level down. :(
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 10:12:51 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 02, 2010, 01:51:02 pm »

^I though you know about how water freezes and unfreezes instantly, and that units never have points in Swimmer naturally.

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 02, 2010, 06:09:18 pm »

Well. Urfra, after killing just about every hostile creature in the continent, has turned her sights to finally meeting her hero, Warghui Kutsmobzon... The only problem? His village, Witchrhyme, is on the OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD...
Urfra is determined. She's never backed down from any obstacle before, and this is her new goal...

Any tips for overseas travel, i.e swimming, guys? :S

EDIT:

Wait, out of interest whats with the random colours on the map, different civilisations?

I may encouter this problem too with my character Ana (really shouldn't have started on an tiny island just cause it looked cool :P). May have to learn how to savescum and just keep trying till I eventually get across without being frozen. Got another way out which would be to start an identical character on the mainland and come up with some sort of story explanation but that just feels like cheating.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:45:17 pm by killran »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 1104