Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104208 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13335 on: December 20, 2016, 01:51:16 pm »

A blind elf stumbling along feeling at the walls, bumping into stones, stumbles up a ramp and falls off a ledge, feels around and pushes a door open, heads turn, he spreads his arms and reveals his fangs.

"BLAH!"

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: December 20, 2016, 01:54:01 pm »

Just a little piece of information I learned today. The "Spend time with family" need is impossible to fullfill, even if you actually have famliy. I got my adventurer married in fort mode, I talked with his wife and it did nothing to the need.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: December 20, 2016, 02:37:30 pm »

Just a little piece of information I learned today. The "Spend time with family" need is impossible to fullfill, even if you actually have famliy. I got my adventurer married in fort mode, I talked with his wife and it did nothing to the need.
probably needs a child.
like the dream for wanting a family is solved with a baby so the need probably just the same.
gotta dig up a baby making script and hope for the best.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: December 20, 2016, 03:27:58 pm »

"catsplosion dwarf" will make every dwarf that is female give birth instantly. Not sure if it counts as your adventurer's child, but it might work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: December 20, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »

It probably won't count, as the game does track the father. So unless the script sets you as the father, it will count only as the females child.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: December 20, 2016, 08:43:03 pm »

So, been working on a mead hall in the wilds with my present adventurer. Two-floor design with a small entryway, an antechamber, a main hall, and stairway farther beyond that. The fun bit is that walkways on the second floor overlook the antechamber and main hall.

...and then when I defined the main hall zone it crashed. WHYYY.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: December 20, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

When you're building a site, save often. I've lost several hours of work to crashes/deaths.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: December 20, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »

To blow off steam I decided to make a sword wielding wolfman and wander about killing bandits.  He teamed up with a cougar woman with the last name Focussedbunny.  They beat up a couple of travelling bandits very early on and since the camp was theoretically weaker than normal I decided to have a chat with the boss.  I managed to kill the boss and his lasher and left the remaining crossbowman for dead (I had cut off his hand and he was gushing blood).  The lasher had done some damage to Fucussedbunny (bruised the spine), so we fast travelled back to a mead hall to sleep it off.  In the middle of the night, I see an asterisk making haste in our direction.  Sure enough -- Ambush -- in the middle of the mead hall (a fist for me!).  Lo and behold, it was the crossbowman come to take his revenge (serves me right).  Groggy as I was, I was unable to bridge the significant gap between us before he made a pincushion out of me.  RIP Wolf man and Focussedbunny (although I'm not sure she died... I may have to try to look her up with a subsequent adventurer).

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: December 20, 2016, 09:41:36 pm »

Whack 'em in the upper spine enough, and you can permanently disable 'em.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:00:07 pm by ☼Another☼ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: December 20, 2016, 09:42:23 pm »

When you're building a site, save often. I've lost several hours of work to crashes/deaths.

I got so into it I forgot.

Eh, I'm now thinking about re-creating my Human Hamlet themed fortress mod. I'll make a better mead hall I guess.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: December 21, 2016, 03:54:32 am »

It probably won't count, as the game does track the father. So unless the script sets you as the father, it will count only as the females child.
Yeah, gotta hack the right links to get an adventurer+wife listed as parents right, I did that with Urist and Romlam Legendbreaker for Gar Legendbreaker to get the McLegendary family working right.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: December 21, 2016, 06:03:36 am »

Yeah, gotta hack the right links to get an adventurer+wife listed as parents right, I did that with Urist and Romlam Legendbreaker for Gar Legendbreaker to get the McLegendary family working right.
oh yeah forgot about if your playing a male adventurer this is a tad more harder to solve the family raising need/dream.
in other news kinda notice it's possible to dfhack a companion army to move to any spot on the map with help of max explanation on army control.
that said don't know how to make an army raid a town with this, or attack another army.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: December 21, 2016, 10:04:40 am »

I've made a single-house river retreat I named Frosthearth just a bit ago. Started on the site itself last night but had to do some savescumming after bogeymen got me. I was cutting trees in the dark. I learned to save often enough after the second one, so now I don't lose much progress.

I've managed to build the house and stock it with furniture, now I just need to hunt down and kill enough animals to not need to worry about food for a while.Or, you know, hike into the town close by and trade animal bone trinkets for foodstuffs. I've plenty of storage space in the house, with four barrels for food and water (three are watered) a chest and cabinet in the bedroom. I should be solid for a while, and I can just focus on doing whatever builds up my character the best.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: December 21, 2016, 05:57:29 pm »

Recently, Num Muddyboots came across a town with zombie merchants, which made the lag worse than all the cats who called the streets home. Leaving the marketplace via jumping was painfully slow.

While ambusher isn't quite as powerful as it once was in DF2012 (34.11) always allowing you to land strikes without response, and speed no longer has the same dominant stat value, also allowing for repeat unanswered attacks, wrestler is still the same as ever. Large (for a species) characters also benefit, not just from relatively unbreakable grips, but from latched on bites that cannot be removed. The dream of a night troll run becomes a reality here as Num breaks bones and bites other NPCs to death. Even at novice biter, a bite to the head of a muskox can stun or knock unconscious.

Silly, but perhaps a goal for this run will be advancing biter to legendary and live the true night troll career path and outbite other biters.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: December 21, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »

Turns out becoming a blind vampire is a bit of a process.

So, what I did:
I rolled an elven adventurer, demigod, and went to the nearest dwarven fortress to gear up. Having done this, I headed to a bandit camp, which had been most cleared out by previous attempts, killed the rest of the bandits, and retired, but not after putting my weaponry in my backpack, so I would be most harmless. I then started a bearman with skill in wrestling, walked over the bandit camp, and strangled my adventurer to the point of unconsciousness, but no further. I then bit the eyes, and using wrestling, mangled them beyond recognition. I then waited one hour, just to make sure the adventurer was blind (I checked the description), and then killed the bearman. I unretired the elf, fast traveled to a human town with a temple that I knew was potent, (I had to use DFhack to reveal where I could topple a statue) toppled a statue, became a vampire, and that's all that has happened so far.

The first thing I learnt was: Bandit Camps are the best places to store your soon to be blind adventurer while you make one to blind it.
The second thing: Do not become a vampire before you are blinded, because you can't choke an adventurer to unconsciousness, and then blind them. The best way to become a vampire while blind is to take a screenshot of where you drop out a fast travel near a temple, and follow that to a statue, which can be toppled out of vision range (thank god)

Please note: Interaction is very limited outside of vision range. Jumping is disabled, and attacking anything will be very hard, because you need to occupy the same tile.

EDIT: What the upstairs of a tavern looks like:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 07:01:20 pm by ☼Another☼ »
Pages: 1 ... 888 889 [890] 891 892 ... 1104