Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104591 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13095 on: September 27, 2016, 05:30:25 pm »

weapon masters
I've noticed camps with large numbers of refugees are often full of weapon masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13096 on: September 27, 2016, 08:51:33 pm »

I've seen that sometimes, but they're far more common with straight up bandits and such than they ever were in 40.24. I never even bothered with bandits back then.

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13097 on: September 28, 2016, 12:49:15 am »

::) My adventurer ate the bad mushrooms: :-\
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13098 on: September 28, 2016, 01:35:35 am »

Was sort of a foregone conclusion, but I died - I jumped a bit too far and fell into one of those ditches that the circular rooms in the dark pits have. I survived initially - somehow my leather clothing deflected the fall damage - but then a gorecyclops, several geists and fel orcs fell into the pit along with us, somehow. Eventually I bled to death - my companions also died. The zombies and ghouls are still there, though, I think, so I might try going back there later to see what's what.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13099 on: September 28, 2016, 02:55:09 am »

That's a nice tileset :)

Was sort of a foregone conclusion, but I died - I jumped a bit too far and fell into one of those ditches that the circular rooms in the dark pits have. I survived initially - somehow my leather clothing deflected the fall damage - but then a gorecyclops, several geists and fel orcs fell into the pit along with us, somehow. Eventually I bled to death - my companions also died. The zombies and ghouls are still there, though, I think, so I might try going back there later to see what's what.

How was the lag?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13100 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:25 am »

Can't tell if rendermax plugin or duplicated raws.

I second the notion that it's a nice tileset.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13101 on: September 28, 2016, 05:20:34 am »

How was the lag?
Not TOO horrible until I got into the circular room and everyone started fighting each other - that's when things got worse. It still wasn't completely unbearable like the lag in dark forts, though.

raeborga

• Bay Watcher
  • [STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13102 on: September 28, 2016, 02:46:09 pm »

I third the... Uh, It's just... A colored tileset...
Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159883.msg7192951#msg7192951
 ::)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13103 on: September 29, 2016, 04:55:25 am »

I third the... Uh, It's just... A colored tileset...
Here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159883.msg7192951#msg7192951
 ::)
Is the tileset called "Toy CGA"? I was mainly impressed with how un-blocky the letters and ",'. are by comparison to curses.

The layering of DF's colors (e.g., blue "Thirsty") on top of the tileset's threw me off. DFHack's "rendermax trippy" tints random colors over each tile of the screen, so the effect is somewhat similar (although the ramps are all uniform.)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 04:59:57 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13104 on: September 30, 2016, 04:09:02 pm »

I have to say, the civ my current adventurer is coming from has a fairly interesting situation.

My current civ, the Exalted Growths, has been at war with the Executioner of Galleys pretty much since both of them existed. It seems that despite the constant fighting both of them are still standing, with the Executioner in a slightly worse state. What's most interesting though is that the most recent ruler of the Executioner is a tuskarr - Stri Bleddepth - interestingly he has a title as well, from the 6 notable kills (5 tuskarr kills in battle, personally drowned 1 vrykul) and 22 unnotable kills during the years he's been ruler.

I'm guessing from the available evidence that he's a traitor to my own civ, who sold everyone out to become the leader of the Executioner of Galleys. I'm gonna try to take him down somehow, and I'll post about it later.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13105 on: October 01, 2016, 06:23:13 pm »

Doing a brief run in a 1050 large world, while waiting for the next release. A bit of adventuring, but also test the new reactions in play. I kind of think a test world is great for checking to see if a reaction works, but sometimes you need a full run world to see how they feel with everything together.

Basic character setup.
Here just the usual starting routine. Axedwarf Imush Dirtclods has a look at the dwarves around him (apparently all lifelong friends/acquaintances) and then takes a peek into the cabinets.

Cabinets seem to have a hardcoded fill requirement for leather. Once in a past world I removed the [leather] token from all clothing save for shoes, and every cabinet  was still full of leather, except this leather was adjective laden as if they were items from a vault. So not much of reason to butt heads against the code. Normal leather goods in each cabinet, but because of the longer history, items were of better quality.

The masterwork elk bird mittens were tempting, but Imush holds fast to that austere lifestyle, so he'll have to pass on those items at least until he can alter them. A reaction with no skill attached will always produce a plain item. It's handy for the minimalist.

The biome is desert and it's hot outside.  Rock type available here is quartzite. Check Imush's sprint speed. Top sprint is 2.875. That's at high strength and average agility. Not bad. Not hugely useful to know either.

The only reason to look into each mound is to check each cabinet. While there is plenty of leather, I replaced the specs for the leather armor entry to fit those of gambeson. The last time I did this, animal and plant fiber gambeson was rare in terms of cabinet population. The drinking mound had two soldiers, both clad in mail. Neither generated with gambeson, padded jack, brigandine or breastplate as additional layering. Well, that's just the hillock Leadpainted.

Not much else to do here. Imush will head to the fortress Rinserocks. He'll need to borrow a metal barrel to do a little wood burning inorder to make charcoal.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:45:22 pm by peasant cretin »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13106 on: October 02, 2016, 10:00:37 am »

october month of horrors that stalk the night.

time to go back to making that bogeyman hotel.
so far I only collected in this Mashup of spellscraft and DnD-ish mod are 1 madwoman, a witchlight and the left arm of a bogeyman.
I really like how there's infighting between the races of modded bogeymen vs the vanilla.
oh and one moment I found fascinating was the witchlight jump through the fortification barrier into the box I had Azam in.
sadly the new bogeymen aren't smart enough to sit in zones yet and now wait outside.

currently looking into getting a madman to finish the bogiedex.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13107 on: October 02, 2016, 06:15:26 pm »

Before heading to the fortress Rinserocks, Imush picked a few date palm leaf fronds and got in a bit of threshing to process plant growth into plant fiber thread. He makes two spools.
At Rinserocks, Imush puts 40 dwarven rum into a bag so he can use the bismuth bronze barrel to make some refined coal. Whatever booze gets replaced later on will have a nice smokey flavor (turns out they filled that barrel with beer).

So this is the first time I've had metalwork reactions in Adv Mode. Apparently having [FUEL] in the reactions wasn't needed. The metalsmith workshop did not have a magna furnace, either. That's unfortunate since there's not much reason for woodburning other than flavor. Imush forges various woodworking tools: a saw, a froe, a drawknife, and 4 wedges. He also smiths a few needles/thimbles, a pair of shears, and an eyelet awl for clothesmaking. Picking up all that plus the 4 metal bars that never got depleted during smithing dropped his speed down from 1.000 walking to a slow .206 walking speed. Imush opted to fast travel to cavern level one to skip navigating slowly through the warehouse level.

That was a mistake as once he did so, there was no fortress entrance to be seen in fast travel mode. Probably just a bug or as I'd prefer to think, it was the magma pool at the bottom of the spiral staircase that ate the entrance. In a regular run, I'd have Imush work slow travel to the next fort, but this run is mostly a prolonged test run, so he just fast traveled to the next fortress, Boardbeak, and made his exit there, but not before collecting 8 spools of giant cave spider thread. You can never have enough thread.

Now that Imush has most of his woodwork tools, he can get to riving logs.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:18:11 pm by peasant cretin »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13108 on: October 03, 2016, 03:20:23 am »

So I killed the traitor thane, although he got replaced by one of his children so I guess it's a bit of a hollow victory.

What I noticed in legends though is that some of the adventurers I left in sites which were about to be attacked by armies were actually part of the defense force - no kills for them, but it's still pretty neat, haven't seen this before (although I'm sure it's common knowledge by now).

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13109 on: October 03, 2016, 05:30:45 pm »

I just cut down a tree by a lake, and a bunch of hippos fell out! :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 872 873 [874] 875 876 ... 1104