Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104745 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #13020 on: September 06, 2016, 02:04:37 pm »

More reason to be a roving force of nature, sweeping across the land and leaving none alive in your wake. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13021 on: September 06, 2016, 02:40:12 pm »

Sometimes even a god of destruction wants to chill out and build a home.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13022 on: September 06, 2016, 02:41:24 pm »

I think I'm nixing fighting as a need this upcoming run. I'm probably wrong here, but I vaguely recall fighting being dependent on the fighter stat which may be why I'm passing on that. It seems fine at lower levels but fighter hits lvl 15 pretty quickly. Eh, likely I'm misremembering.

Also @Eric Blank: what I've always found odd is that neutral really isn't neutral. You'd think leaving the setting in the middle would result in no needs, while the opposite extremes would require something.

Anyways, it's time to mod in minecarts!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13023 on: September 06, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »

Also @Eric Blank: what I've always found odd is that neutral really isn't neutral. You'd think leaving the setting in the middle would result in no needs, while the opposite extremes would require something.

I assume it's because if you don't care about that need one way or another, you'd get focus from it if you tried it, but wouldn't be highly bothered to go without it. Depends on how quickly you get unfocused by a need you're neutral about.

EDIT: Seems my grand sweep of the southern shore missed this one pitiful unrevealed lair. An ettin is of little consequence at this point.

EDIT 2: Yes. At last, the call to war sounds.

Sing your hymn of stone and bone, of blood and fury! The slayer of dragons, of giants, of titans, marches on Jonicolith!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:41:04 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #13024 on: September 06, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »

Sing your hymn of stone and bone, of blood and fury! The slayer of dragons, of giants, of titans, marches on Jonicolith!
Sometimes I feel like our lords send us on quests to get us out of their hair, then later, to get us as far away from them as possible. Would you want a living avatar of death and destruction hanging around in your mead hall?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13025 on: September 07, 2016, 03:03:10 am »

Oi, I was indeed a nice lord of death and destruction. Except to the humans. But only because I am a lizardman and thus sided with the frogs. Sadly resolving this quest got fucked over by a bug ( http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9995 ) so I eventually moved onward.

Purged the whole of the hamlet, and the last 4 bandits on the planet. Humans are now literally confined to living in villages with animalpeople. Eventually I move on, completing my purge of all the monsters I can find, eventually even returning to a shrine I passed by early in my quest, having since obtained a way to cheese out a web-spitting titan.

At least I returned home, telling the tales of my 100-odd kills to my original chieftain, then rejoining service as their warrior. After that, all he had for me was a giant bat to hunt, then I retired.

I circled the whole continent. I swept across the monstrous, undead-infested land like no titan ever could. I met faraway civilizations, and (almost) single-handedly forged peace where once there was war, a form of peace that (just this once) DIDN'T entail ushering in the age of emptiness. This is the first adventure in as far as I can remember where I'm actually happy to have done everything I possibly could.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #13026 on: September 07, 2016, 11:06:30 am »

So I've gotten back to DF after a somewhat long hiatus - genned a large region with some customized settings.

My initial few playthroughs were probably the most insane I've had in a while. All were as various tarkatan warriors from the same civ.

First one - barely a minute in, I walk outside my tiny house and see this going on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A chief fishing a fisherman - by the time I got anywhere close to them, the fisherman was a quadriplegic torso rapidly bleeding to death. Needless to say, I tried to fight the chief.
Spoiler: A foregone conclusion. (click to show/hide)
I savescummed and tried again.
I've checked the guy later - he was an Ogron master lasher, somehow, despite his only kills being me and some other villagers.

Next up - I made another tarkatan, recruited a crossbowwoman waifu, and went to the biggest town of my civ. In the keep, I found some kind of outcast society of pygmies - not even warriors, just masons, hunters, engravers, woodcutters, etc. All hostile on sight. I killed around 15 of them, before heading back. On the way, a surprise popped out of nowhere and murdered my waifu after spilling her guts.
Of course I try to fight again, to no avail.
I guess what happened there is that he jammed the meat hook into my head, then pulled on it with enough force to make my head come off. The guy was like the Butcher from Diablo, only thing that was missing is him going "Ahh, fresh meat!" to signal his presence.

Lastly, I went to the same town, trying to see if I could get revenge for my previous adventurer. In the keep, I noticed the lord and the religious leaders I saw previously laying on the ground, dead. My game lagged a bit at that point - unfortunately this meant I kept moving forward before it unlagged.

Then, Cthulhu out of nowhere.
I think this is what happens when you accumulate 10 years straight of bad karma. A dimensional portal rips open, Cthulhu comes out and bashes your brains out.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13027 on: September 08, 2016, 10:11:36 am »

First time playing adventure mode in the new version. I found an engraving in my human starter town depicting an "Electrical Worker", can anyone explain this?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13028 on: September 08, 2016, 11:12:13 am »

First time playing adventure mode in the new version. I found an engraving in my human starter town depicting an "Electrical Worker", can anyone explain this?
That's hilarious. I think it might be the lesser angel of a god of lightning.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13029 on: September 08, 2016, 08:33:03 pm »

That seems the most likely explanation, assuming you're not playing a modded game.

My adventures have lead Kol the coyote woman to befriend a drunk dwarf named mosus and travel south to a human civilization. There she was adopted as hearthsperson of a local ruler after telling of her killing an ettin and a giant. Now, onwards to glory!

Managed to obtain some steel items and manufacture steel armor and weapons from them. There would be no equipment fit for a coyote man, otherwise.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13030 on: September 11, 2016, 03:00:27 am »

Hmmm.

Something funny going on here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13031 on: September 11, 2016, 10:39:44 am »

A tower army? Necromancers are more active post-worldgen.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13032 on: September 11, 2016, 01:01:12 pm »

Seems to be bandits, when I traveled away they followed me for a bit and when I deliberately bumped into them again all but one were living. That one goblin corpse remained undead the rest of the time, and I guess they just didn't like people pointing out his condition?

"Yeah, we know Ngoso is breathing-impaired, it's pretty rude to discriminate like that you know."

He was a bro to the end though, I led them over to a camp where a necromancer hadn't yet been able to set up a tower and Ngoso did his best to hold off 360 goblin zombies solo.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13033 on: September 11, 2016, 02:14:22 pm »

That's very odd.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13034 on: September 11, 2016, 03:49:51 pm »

so let me understand this clearly, you found a bandit group with 1 zombie in their party, then decided to kite them to a necromancer's pack.
and watch one zombie Fight off an army.
Nice max, let Ngoso name be put into the history books.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 867 868 [869] 870 871 ... 1104