Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2099345 times)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1260 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:49 pm »

I went into a House, and got into thrown out into the Dark by a Peasant. I got a bit upset, and attacked him. He pulled out a knife, and apsolutely savaged my Highly skilled wrestler/kicker/swordsman. He just cut my face and body until i died though, he didnt just kill me. He cut my skin apart.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 24, 2010, 01:51:59 pm »

I'm stuck in a dry murky pool and I can't get out or rest because I "don't feel safe enough to travel/rest", so I'm just training throwing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

killran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 24, 2010, 02:11:20 pm »

Sorta wrote/played the last third of this story semi-drunk but I ran it through Word so it should be okay ;)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Continuing Ana's adventures (sober this time) :)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 24, 2010, 04:02:05 pm »

Yes! Thank you, whoever suggested putting all pouts into agility. I have also have had my goring by an elephant, so I feel properly rolling in it now.
My adventures have gone something like this:
1. Finally found monkeys and other wildlife, killed around three, before I thought it would be cool to attack an elephant (death one).
2. Started again, entered a bandit camp, killed two before being one-shotted by a mortally wounded maceman (death two).
3. My current human has ten humans and two trolls under his belt (the second of which very nearly killed one of my two lasher friends).
P.s. 1. Lawyers are good as they stop bogeymen, provide meatshields and yet find it difficult to steal your kills.
P.s. 2. Memorable moment so far: Throwing a rock at a cheetah that attacked in the night and instantly killing it. Gotta love those moments!
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 24, 2010, 05:01:55 pm »

My stealth-oriented human bowwoman (third time I've tried such a character), succeeded in three-visit bandit camp attack plans:
  • Came in and stole some stuff to sell in a nearby town to buy more arrows (she was down to 9 by this point because she tried to hunt milkfish and couldn't hit crap).
  • Came back and arrowed a bowman and hammerman until they passed out for long enough to kill in their sleep. A lasher and another bowman were killed by a beakdog. Left to sell some shit and see if anything changed after the master lasher kept blocking my arrows.
  • Returned and another beakdog killed another bandit (not sure what he/she was), before being killed by the master. Eventually killed the master in the same way I killed the others. Left the first beakdog alive out of gratitude.

I've noticed a trend that if you just wait around long enough some of the bandits get killed by the local wildlife.

Now, she's going to get a companion so she can make her way south to a Dark Fortress.

P.S. When I was trying to hit the bowman one arrowed missed and hit the hammerman who was something like twelve tiles away. And I don't think I couldn't see him either.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 24, 2010, 05:23:13 pm »

I should stop sleeping out in the open, I'm liable to wake up to a kidney-punch. Which is what happened.

Usually I'm on my feet before the boogeymen reach me, alert enough to sidestep while the veil of dream is shaken from my mind. This time, they were all around me, claws and cackling. One hit to the small of the back and another knocked the air from my lung, leaving me winded and in mortal pain. I didn't notice until after they were slain that one had managed to break my ear a second time. How does that happen -- I can't even picture an ear broken once. Oh well, now it's twice broken, and doubly infected, which can't be healthy for my rational well-being...

Hold on -- did you just see that lord's face change? I've heard the legends about this, a night hag who captures lords, forces their wills into a ghastly transformation into their ogrish mates! I had better put a stop to this vileness -- I shall earn his gratitude for ending this metamorphasis while he still has the semblance of a man!

The guards gathered near with concern. "Stay back!" I cautioned, "the curse may linger still!" But those humans, ever willing to believe the worst of elves -- as if I could've caused such a change as we witnessed! When the end of my pick spilled the first guard's blood onto the brimstone block it became clear to me that they were already enthrall to the evil taking possession of this castle! For the sake of the good people of this country, I could let none of them leave this court alive.

I take only a moment now to mourn the loss of this once valliant ruler and his sterling warriors, then must run to spread the news to the gentle folk of the countryside of the impending dread mother's curse...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 05:25:06 pm by Uzu Bash »

Adn88

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 24, 2010, 06:01:11 pm »

So I accidentally picked up the wrong Iron Long Sword that I bought, resulting in nobody from this human nation talking to me.  So I decided to murder them all.  I completely wiped out a fortress single-handedly and am now working on clearing out a nearby hamlet.  Gee, I hope word doesn't spread too quickly and all the other factions hate me too b/c then who will give me quests? :(

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 24, 2010, 06:39:54 pm »

^Everyone in the same civ stops talking to you when you steal, and start attacking you if you ever harmed one of them. No one outside of that civilization cares at all.

Has anyone else gone to where the overworld map says there's a Dark Fortress, only have absolutely no structures there at all?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:53 pm »

Yes, no dwarves either. I haven't been to a retreat yet, but I assume it's the same. Kobold-inhabited caves still exist though, and they're probably the only way to get the goblin/dwarven loot.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 24, 2010, 08:31:00 pm »

Yeah, Toady has nixed everything non-cave/lair/city for now, since he's been reworking the sprawls coding and etc. Hopefully he'll have something in place once the first Caravan Arc release (.19 everybody! Can you say epicness?) comes out.

Anyway, back on subject; I killed everything from a dragon to a marsh titan to a band of grizzled steel-equipped dwarven bandits (yay for mods!) recently and finding no challenge started to slaughter a civilization of creatures that I modded in where one caste is known for their peacefulness and lack of skill in combat, but high intelligence, etc. and the other slightly more combat oriented. I attacked one of the 'opal' caste (the peaceful ones) peasants...

...and was struck down by a lucky bronze knife to the head, jamming the skull through the brain. FML.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 25, 2010, 09:37:53 am »

Oh you know, prancing through the meadows swinging my axe around like a madman cutting down thousands upon thousands of innocent civilians, being utterly enraged by the fact that towns have an infinitely large population that spawns again in their shacks whenever you walk away and load a different area of the town.

I was ambushed by some cobolds lately. Not sure if they were bandits or just didn't like my companions. Oh yeah, they killed all my companions! Paid no attention to me though, probably because I'm hundreds of mils north of my homeland and they have no quarrel with me. I recruited them, apparently making me an enemy of the human civ I'd been working for, then accidentally walked into one of them and auto-attacked, forcing me to kill them all. I'm now lonely, homeless, and a legendary axeman/wrestler with a 480+ kill list, mostly in tigermen. I should travel further north and try to link up with the next human civ and not screw things up again, no point in sticking around and slaughtering countless innocents without actually accomplishing anything.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 25, 2010, 11:32:10 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg1742970#msg1742970

Ajax's meat cleaver is truly a thing to behold, and I almost want to draw him slashing at the trog's throat, blood gushing on the wall near him. I think Ajax is going to move west now, there are dames to be saved!!!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 25, 2010, 03:17:03 pm »

Starting to get repetitively killed again.
Got caught by bogey men one space away from a town, but found myself blocked by a tier valley and was consequently killed.
In other words, FUN is being had.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Cannabust

• Bay Watcher
  • Prick with a pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 26, 2010, 01:38:35 am »

I love it so much, and it' well designed with a nice image of two bloated tubers in gneiss. Hooray for picks!
Current Adventurer: Fel AXESEVER, the MOUNTAINOUS VIOLENCE
http://new-eggbert.myminicity.com/ind (WE NEED FACTORIES!)
Armok needs blood, I just do it with picks.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 26, 2010, 02:42:48 am »

I love it so much, and it' well designed with a nice image of two bloated tubers in gneiss. Hooray for picks!
I like to imagine your iron picks as:

...it's like your a travelling mad Bard....of DEATH! (...To my imagination anyway)
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 1104