Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102187 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10890 on: February 24, 2016, 10:24:57 pm »

So, there are some apparently non-hostile goblins (who I still suspect are bandits) loitering in this hamlet, and I found a dwarven slave in the mead hall. This bodes unwell.

EDIT: I've rescued...a lady? I think they conquered this place and enslaved the nobility.

EDIT 2: It seems that upon recruiting her, the local guards acknowleded her as ruler. Since they seem to be loyal humans, I decided instead to cancel the agreement to lead her elsewhere, and instead purge the goblin menace.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:34:59 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10891 on: February 24, 2016, 10:41:30 pm »

EDIT: I've rescued...a lady? I think they conquered this place and enslaved the nobility.
It was inevitable. It is for the best.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10892 on: February 24, 2016, 11:12:52 pm »

Stupid dorf trick: light campfires to melt the ice walls of a structure on a glacier, then jump through the water before it freezes to gain access.

I can now say I have done this, but I don't know why I felt the need to do it in the first place.

In my current adventure, I raided a vault to find the slab hidden inside. I originally intended to strike the killing blow against the demon with the slab, but I accidentally 1-hit it with my pike. Instead I climbed down the spire to toss the slab out into the glowing pits. Unfortunately, someone decided to close the door behind me and now I'm stuck down here forever! (There is no way to get out, there is no exit the way I came, I tried retiring under a near-by village and I tried travelling to other dark towers hoping for a spire). Is there anyway to get out?
OH OH OH! Go back to the spire, climb up the wall as high as you can, and compose something. You should end up on top of the spire, I did this before!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:15:07 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10893 on: February 24, 2016, 11:25:04 pm »

OH OH OH! Go back to the spire, climb up the wall as high as you can, and compose something. You should end up on top of the spire, I did this before!
That's good to know. I had to use a dfhack exploit to get out: dismantle a wall and nestle in it for a 1hr nap, then wake up on the roof.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10894 on: February 24, 2016, 11:31:38 pm »

It was inevitable. It is for the best.

Well, I've already purged half the gobbles, the group scattered. It was inevitable.

EDIT: Hunted down the last of the glowy-eyed bastards, and reported it to the locals. Yay.

EDIT 2: Hit the tavern in this town on the way to the lair. Yoinked some fisher berry wine to fill my waterskin, and I found an instrument that's actually used by one of the music forms I know. Yay.

EDIT 3: Aw fuck. Of course the performance using this bone horn thingy is pathetically short.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:07:16 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10895 on: February 25, 2016, 12:00:17 am »

Stupid dorf trick: light campfires to melt the ice walls of a structure on a glacier, then jump through the water before it freezes to gain access.

I can now say I have done this, but I don't know why I felt the need to do it in the first place.

In my current adventure, I raided a vault to find the slab hidden inside. I originally intended to strike the killing blow against the demon with the slab, but I accidentally 1-hit it with my pike. Instead I climbed down the spire to toss the slab out into the glowing pits. Unfortunately, someone decided to close the door behind me and now I'm stuck down here forever! (There is no way to get out, there is no exit the way I came, I tried retiring under a near-by village and I tried travelling to other dark towers hoping for a spire). Is there anyway to get out?

DAMN IT ALL! WHY DID I HAVE TO BE AN OUTSIDER! My character doesn't know any poetic forms... I guess the only thing left is to dive into the abyss.
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"
*gobbles menacingly*

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10896 on: February 25, 2016, 12:08:24 am »

Now if only I knew how to set up a reaction for assembling worldgenned instruments. I'd need to uncompress the save.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10897 on: February 25, 2016, 12:10:16 am »

DAMN IT ALL! WHY DID I HAVE TO BE AN OUTSIDER! My character doesn't know any poetic forms... I guess the only thing left is to dive into the abyss.

Scratch that, I've just found a new way to get out!

Go back to the spire and light campfires (a 3x3 square where one row/column is occupied by the wall, so 6 camp fires) climb up the wall so you're above the camp fires and then release so that you fall down upon them. Now that you're standing on the campfire rest for a short amount of time (an hour, so the fire doesn't burn out). When you wake up you'll be above ground!

Edit: It's a shame I got out so soon, I've always wondered what's at the end of the world while down there. Anyone know?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:12:33 am by kontako »
"Confederacy of Businesses"?! By Armok's Blood! These Communist animals are CAPITALISTS!
*gobbles menacingly*

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10898 on: February 25, 2016, 01:13:46 am »

Edit: It's a shame I got out so soon, I've always wondered what's at the end of the world while down there. Anyone know?
Each map tile has its own random selection of demons. Its the home of the kind of FUN that typically pours out of adamantine pipes, though I have never seen a demon master down there.

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10899 on: February 25, 2016, 01:31:19 am »

Each map tile has its own random selection of demons. Its the home of the kind of FUN that typically pours out of adamantine pipes, though I have never seen a demon master down there.

Is that true? I ran across half the world to another dark fortress while down there, I only ran into the same 3 demon types. I'm wondering if I should revert to my save down there and embark onto some ' !!science!! '. I want to pick up the severed body parts of flame demons and sell them to merchants... I'll be back with results.
*gobbles menacingly*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10900 on: February 25, 2016, 01:33:10 am »

Demon masters are generated as unique demon types apart from the rest in hell.

Prediction: you're going to burn to death trying to get the flame parts to the surface.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10901 on: February 25, 2016, 01:44:49 am »

Wheee. I composed a "passable" song with no particular subject that's of a more interesting length, and has TWO instruments! Both of them were available in the tavern, so...yoink. After getting weirded out by the tavern keeper declaring life to be, in a word, suicide...I then continued my journey to the giantess lair, and hammered the everloving hell out of her.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10902 on: February 25, 2016, 02:11:20 am »

Wheee. I composed a "passable" song with no particular subject that's of a more interesting length, and has TWO instruments! Both of them were available in the tavern, so...yoink. After getting weirded out by the tavern keeper declaring life to be, in a word, suicide...I then continued my journey to the giantess lair, and hammered the everloving hell out of her.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10903 on: February 25, 2016, 02:40:40 am »

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was inevitable. ಠ_ಠ
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

kontako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10904 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:42 am »

Well.... it wasn't a total failure.

I had hoped to see more flames and smoke! Unfortunately goblins are non-flammable.
*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 ... 725 726 [727] 728 729 ... 1104