Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102810 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10515 on: February 10, 2016, 07:16:47 pm »

So I just had an annoying thought. I'm not gonna be able to make armor that'll fit a gremlin, right? ;w;
I've had a demon put on a elf's thong, so you never know.

That is a hilarious mental image. Maybe I'll give it a try. Despite elf-sized goods being a full 50000cc larger than what gremlins can wear.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:16 pm »

So I just had an annoying thought. I'm not gonna be able to make armor that'll fit a gremlin, right? ;w;
I've had a demon put on a elf's thong, so you never know.
That is a hilarious mental image. Maybe I'll give it a try. Despite elf-sized goods being a full 50000cc larger than what gremlins can wear.
I saw the demon rip off the thong and beat the elf to death with it, as normal, and then saw it rearrange its possessions. So I looked over at it and it was wearing a small rope reed fiber thong. And then I had about the same reaction you did.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »

Finally made my way through the Evil Swamp, and went on through the adjacent Evil Forest. It turns out that there were in fact two Bronze Colossi and one Titan left in the area. First Colossi went fine, second was a bit more of a hassle, and took a lot longer to strike down than the first. Titan was a Three-eyed Gila Monster with three tails and a poisonous bite, which went down with little fanfare.

Found a couple Hamlets along the way through the swamp. One was completely devoid of life, outside of the site's sole survivor, its leader who was stuck in eternal slumber in a tent outside. I saved his sleepy ass from some Zombie Beak Dogs and went on. The next town over seemed to be doing much better, with multiple battlements and trenches set up, and a surprisingly sizable population. I told them of my triumphs, wished them luck in surviving the droves of Zombie Harpies and Beak Dogs, and went on my way.

I finally get free of these evil lands, and find myself in what seems to be the centerpoint of Elven society. I resist my personal hatred of the tree dwellers and continue on to the nearby Shrine. I find an eyeless Capybara with a Shell, which menaces with furious flames! Considering my past experiences with Flame-spewing Megabeasts, I am hesitant, but I must perform my goal! I am able to avoid its flames decently enough, but am inevitable caught on Fire again. I fling my !!SELF!! into the conveniently nearby river, and keep on fighting.

I suddenly realize... I keep getting caught in its Flames and Fireballs, but I'm not melting anymore. I check my Description, and behold that I have lost all the Fat in my body! Well slap my some Burn Heal and call me The Fury, I'm fireproof now!!! Foolish Megabeasts! Your fire and brimstone has only made me stronger!!!!!! I fell the Beast, and continue on to the North-East. turns out I'm gonna have to trudge through yet more Evil Lands before I can reach my current destination, so I guess I better get ready to covered in more GACK while being accosted by Undead...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: February 10, 2016, 07:26:01 pm »

I saw the demon rip off the thong and beat the elf to death with it, as normal, and then saw it rearrange its possessions. So I looked over at it and it was wearing a small rope reed fiber thong. And then I had about the same reaction you did.

Well, I got a fuckload of giants to made loincloths out of. Time for science.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: February 10, 2016, 07:35:24 pm »

"Greetings, human. What ails your village?"
"Well, there's this massive monster!"
"Where?"
"Lonesomenight the Standard of Calluses"
"...that's a lot of syllables. Where exactly would I find that?"
"I dunno. Not around here, that's for sure."
"Then what trouble has it caused you?"
"Oh nothing, it would just bring great glory to us all-"
"And does this keep you awake at night?"
"Well, no-"
"Does it prevent you from putting food on your table?"
"No, of cour-"
"Does it keep you from fucking your wife?"
"Hey! No-!"
"Well then, it sounds like your insomnia, starvation and impotence problems have been solved. Good day."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: February 10, 2016, 07:40:05 pm »

I love it when they're harassed by monsters that are inaccessible from where they're at.

EDIT: Made Grim a helmet, and she simply put it in her backpack. Doh.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: February 10, 2016, 08:15:09 pm »

I guess the things just yell insults really goddamn loudly?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: February 10, 2016, 08:18:57 pm »

Dangit Grim, I'm leaving you three or four KOed giants with snapped necks and you just piss offf running around. Cry some more baby!
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: February 10, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »

so the new update came out and I decided to play an goblin fortress guard, chased back a trail of dwarf blood to the opening of a tunnel system and a cave crocodile attacked,
uhh then the mayor join into the fray and I snuck up behind the crock and silently chop it behind it's head while it was distracted by the mayor who was punching it.

then decided to make a figurine of a human out of the bones.
and made this horrible mess.

Time works the same way.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: February 10, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »

so the new update came out

OH SHIT. Need to update Adventurecraft.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: February 10, 2016, 09:35:30 pm »

so the new update came out

OH SHIT. Need to update Adventurecraft.
uhh fun fact the new engrave menu works on statues, figurines and Engraving so best to slap on engraving mechanics to stuff and see what happens.
doesn't seem to really name  these objects though.
sadly I haven't touch adventurecraft/wanderer mod in the 42.xx updates due to the creature changes that been done.

hmm some how need to double check a world gen if toady didn't remove elephantmen from the game
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: February 10, 2016, 10:39:17 pm »

uhh fun fact the new engrave menu works on statues, figurines and Engraving so best to slap on engraving mechanics to stuff and see what happens.
doesn't seem to really name  these objects though.
sadly I haven't touch adventurecraft/wanderer mod in the 42.xx updates due to the creature changes that been done.

hmm some how need to double check a world gen if toady didn't remove elephantmen from the game

But can adventurers engrave without DFHack? o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: February 10, 2016, 11:30:26 pm »

That would involve messing with blocks. I imagine it won't be a thing until we start being able to chop down trees and the like.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: February 11, 2016, 12:28:10 am »

so the new update came out and I decided to play an goblin fortress guard, chased back a trail of dwarf blood to the opening of a tunnel system and a cave crocodile attacked,
uhh then the mayor join into the fray and I snuck up behind the crock and silently chop it behind it's head while it was distracted by the mayor who was punching it.

then decided to make a figurine of a human out of the bones.
and made this horrible mess.

Time works the same way.
I'm picturing Salvidor Dali's The Persistence of Memory with meatballs.

Armok is eating the Time and flesh balls with an adamantine fork. The dwarves are perplexed. The elves are vomiting.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:35:21 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10529 on: February 11, 2016, 09:48:50 am »

I'm wondering if you can somehow influence people's perceptions by making up historical events with figurines and stuff even if you don't actually have any kills.

yes I know I've been playing DD:DA too much to the point I made creatures for DF based on it
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1104