Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102806 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10500 on: February 09, 2016, 06:55:04 pm »

The Dancer got a dragon and another roc -- that spear is fucking OP. The Poet got a forest titan -- gigantic one-eyed gila monster, beware its poisonous bite! Yet another titan without a skin! Now I don't recall the Dwarf's participation against the dragon, roc, ettin or cyclops, but while fighting the titan I couldn't help noticing a silhouette on the other side of a pillar with a cloud of exclamation points blowing away from it. But he was the first to strike a rodent blowgunner who took a snipe at me, so he's pretty quick with the action when he's not wetting his long skirts.

Back to dwarven civilization, land of cloaks, which I cannot produce myself, and all these varieties of booze that I can't brew because fortresses only have plump helmets! Dwarven wine was a novelty drink when I first sipped it, but I have since acquired a taste for loathing it. Where's the pig tail and sweet pods?

I now have 20 days until next full moon, and I believe that's enough to cross the icecaps to the first insula -- it looks like a peninsula, but there may be a permafrost land bridge connecting the other side. What's worse than gaming in a frozen setting when the temperature actually is cold irl? Gaming in a frozen setting when you actually have a cold irl.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10501 on: February 09, 2016, 07:17:55 pm »

So I just had an annoying thought. I'm not gonna be able to make armor that'll fit a gremlin, right? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10502 on: February 09, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »

What, no angel cloth swords? Or things like this:

That's what happened when I tested one version of Deon's mod. I STILL have no idea why skulls work for him, when I had to take an entirely different approach to make it function.
That was my version.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10503 on: February 09, 2016, 07:39:01 pm »

So I just had an annoying thought. I'm not gonna be able to make armor that'll fit a gremlin, right? ;w;
I dunno, I thought anyone who could craft wearables would craft their own size. If the description doesn't give fitting info, then assume it's your size. When I craft leathers for cougar men, both the dwarves and humans can wear it because I'm right between their sizes, and can wear all their clothes.

Also, this probably bears verification, but I think when fortress ruins first generate, the clothes in the apartments are sized to the player. That's been true every character I've entered a ruin with.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10504 on: February 09, 2016, 09:23:28 pm »

What, no angel cloth swords? Or things like this:

That's what happened when I tested one version of Deon's mod. I STILL have no idea why skulls work for him, when I had to take an entirely different approach to make it function.
That was my version.

Oh derp. That explains it. Much confused dragon. >w<

I dunno, I thought anyone who could craft wearables would craft their own size. If the description doesn't give fitting info, then assume it's your size. When I craft leathers for cougar men, both the dwarves and humans can wear it because I'm right between their sizes, and can wear all their clothes.

Also, this probably bears verification, but I think when fortress ruins first generate, the clothes in the apartments are sized to the player. That's been true every character I've entered a ruin with.

As I feared. I'd have to add in some way to temperarily change into as gremlin if I want to equip Grim.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10505 on: February 09, 2016, 10:24:44 pm »

Yay, !!FUN!!
Escaped from a HUGE-Fortress-Maze, and when I did it, the queen was just over there trading with some caravans.... what could a I do with an axe in my hands and the mind behind the mad maze-thing defenseless? Kill her of course..... and then everybody jumped on me and i was dead in a second.
Guess it was fun enough for a day

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10506 on: February 09, 2016, 10:43:19 pm »

Yay, !!FUN!!
Escaped from a HUGE-Fortress-Maze, and when I did it, the queen was just over there trading with some caravans.... what could a I do with an axe in my hands and the mind behind the mad maze-thing defenseless? Kill her of course..... and then everybody jumped on me and i was dead in a second.
Guess it was fun enough for a day

That would be perfectly logical except worldgen makes no concrete connection between artificial megabeast lairs and civs menaced by them. >w>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10507 on: February 10, 2016, 12:26:33 am »

Ah, right. In the case of bows, I see it still includes refining branches into bowstaves, whereas for me I skipped that step in the case of bows.

Actually, as I already have generic staves, I probably could make bows take generic staves and thus allow both wood and bone staves be made from the same reaction. Then make the relevant skill bowyer, and I cease to have the main reason I separated them.

The wider array of weapons and forging scrap metal armor was due to it being requested though.

In a modded world (now abandoned) more centered around the Early Middle Ages, I had trouble with getting hides to work for me so I ended up skipping most of that stuff. The mod I'm tinkering around with now is more 15 Cent, so the reactions needed could be trimmed down to just bows and arrows. It's likely my natural stupidity/blockheadedness, but if I could get hides to work I'd probably use them for bow strings as well as twine.

I also wanted to add my thanks to you and to Deon for your work on those mods as I wouldn't have been able to understand how reactions worked without guidance. Cheers for that.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10508 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:20 am »

It turns out that not only did that Lair have a Zombie Dragon, but there was a Lair next door with another Zombie Dragon!. The first one went by without a hitch, but the second for some reason would set me on Fire or melting no matter what I would do. I was able to kill it, but now I've got minor burns across most of my body and most of my fat is gone. Health menu says my vision is "slightly impaired", but I haven't seen any change in my vision distance  ???

I can't wait until I am done with this Evil Land, cause I'm sick of getting rained on with Stinking Mucus. It seems to be deteriorating my clothes, so I'm gonna have to find a solution to that issue soon. I've still got a couple Titans, a Roc, and a Bronze Colossus sitting around in this accursed swamp before I can finally move on and never return.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10509 on: February 10, 2016, 01:58:15 pm »

been gone for a month. came back with a ghost companion, knowledge of adventurer gray goblin leaders.
a way to get dwarves out of trees with out chopping said tree down,
and AND a huge love for Goblins moving in to Forts
and the fact you can Trade former dwarves if they turn into cats.
I'm back and have to say START retiring an adventurer to Fort mode and make them expedition leaders(on top of all the noble positions you can) you get access of hiring military-dwarves out of anyone and probably gain access to assigning people to your fort.
still no where close to getting that adventurer breeding but found out that bird people will randomly fly upwards into a tree and get stuck there.
and you can Cage trap those friendly 'hostile' units in fort mode meaning you can build cages of men and women for your adventurer's room.

so yeah cat transformations seem to morph ghosts to semi solid state also kinda had to dance and tell a tale about the cat bartender ghost dwarf lady rise to haunt her friends and family... even though she was formally a tame cat transformed but drown in a well accident. she has no friend or family thus unable to spook them.
oh and 8_lives straight up can hold a cup and drink from it.

should set up that ghost adventurer project knowing companions are still doable in vanilla(no dfhack) dwarf fortress
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10510 on: February 10, 2016, 02:11:17 pm »

Oh that is gloriously fucking loco. Meanwhile, I've obtained mole hair from a skeleton, and made Grim a *giant mole hair backpack* to store stuff in.

'Grim', Gremlin: I put on a superior item. I'm very content.

D'aaaw.

EDIT: Essence of true seeing hasn't worn of yet, so I've IDed a tango in the cave on the floor above us. This can't be a good sign.

EDIT 2: Just a troll. It went down easily, Grim didn't even bother helping. Big baby.

EDIT 3: Okay. While a blind cave ogre didn't convince Grim to join the fight, a lair full of giants DID. This is gonna be Fun.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:33:55 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10511 on: February 10, 2016, 03:21:26 pm »

uhh oh yeah getting a ghost to drink their skeleton remains kinda lead to all their clothes to vanish, oh and I gave 8_lives her clothes back so ghosts in vanilla can communicate and wear and hold anything you want that and/or can do so if they transform themselves to a different race regenerating their missing limbs.
so uhh imagine if you will someone modding a creature that as a ghost goes around doing interactions and reanimating their dead body.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10512 on: February 10, 2016, 05:16:01 pm »

Grim has officially claimed her first kill. By way of me KOing a giant child, smashing its hands and feet, knocking itself teeth out, and blinding it for good measure. Then just let Grim stab the piñata until it bled out.

EDIT: Oh, and for added Fun a giantess was mauling a dusk freak.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:19:20 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10513 on: February 10, 2016, 07:10:31 pm »

So I made an orc swordsman who recruited two drunks in a hillock.

We went to the nearby evil biome, the Hills of Fraying, to hunt down a hill titan (a quadruped composed of coral with wings, also had a poison gas that I don't know if it actually did anything). Killed some gargoyles and encountered a bunch of babbling harpies along the way (they didn't survive the encounter, obviously).

On the way I had an encounter with 6 plaguebearers (modded undead, are covered in pustules which house gas that turns people into zombies). Unfortunately each of them gassed me atleast once, which rotted some bits of my body and later turned me into a zombie.

I decided that since I can't settle down anywhere anymore I'd go out in a blaze of glory. I headed to the nearby orc fort in spite of the lag, and got set upon by every non-orc in there. Resulted in 45 total kills on the ground floor - didn't kill any orcs. Also got a title - the Faithful End of Lucidity - somewhat fitting given my orc's state.

Literally none could get a single hit on me. I went to some other places but decided that since noone could even land a hit on me I'd try to settle down by becoming a lord. Nope, still wouldn't let me settle down.

It all ended when I went outside alone at night and got beset by bogeymen (gave into the night instead of being killed, tho).

Moral of the story is, don't inhale zombifying gas.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10514 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:50 pm »

I've had a demon put on a elf's thong, so you never know.
Pages: 1 ... 699 700 [701] 702 703 ... 1104