Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102977 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10425 on: February 03, 2016, 06:35:59 am »

Nerve healing rate I think, yeah.

Having an entire town's worth of civilians stuffed into the castle seems fairly common in dying worlds, but the rest of that is hella weird.
Only year 280, and only this one dorf civ that does this, I checked another town and it's the same thing. I've never seen this before, I think maybe it is because they are so isolated relative to the rest of the world, but I've had regions which were almost pure dorf that didn't do this.

They were taken over by dragons (I added power to them and made them smart) and that apparently broke their city maintenance/living behaviors, making them all act like goblins and sit up on the battlements/head in to the keep.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:51:08 am by Max™ »

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10426 on: February 03, 2016, 07:26:54 am »

I came across a Shrine apparently occupied by a Forest titan, so I decided to check it out. I behold the strange sight of a feathered Dimetrodon (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5e/Dimetrodon_grandis.jpg) with bug antennae, and the ability to shoot webs. Having never fought something with Webbing before, the ensuing battle was incredibly frustrating and took way longer than it would have otherwise. I eventually prevailed after giving it so many wounds and lung damage that it bled to death, but that certainly shows that I need to start getting some better ranged options. Welp, time to throw water out of a bucket for 2 hours until I'm able to open the Gates of Babylon :p

Someone remind me, are Titans naturally immune to Pain and Stunning? I've only fought one in the past, and my memory isn't the best. This one certainly didn't seem to care, considering I fractured three of its legs, and dented its skull about eight times over the course of the battle. It didn't seem to care about nausea either, as I bruised and ripped out its Guts quite a bit too.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10427 on: February 03, 2016, 07:43:50 am »

I assume any randomly generated creature is going to be immune to pain, stun, nausea, fire, plus it will spit webs and vomit and have a nasty tendency to climb on top of your head and start violently humping your eyesockets with large spiny protrusions.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10428 on: February 03, 2016, 12:53:31 pm »

Bump for a fascinating new result of the way fame and bandits and such work out:

Random bandit knows me well enough to recognize me as a hunter, they didn't ambush me, I dropped out of travel mode to kill the giant jaguar recruit north of them and saw the bowman, said hi, they're chatting with me while plinking arrows past me.

I took their ears and was gonna let them live but some random human lasher killed them so I tried to bite an ear off the lasher as a trophy, collapsed their skull by accident.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10429 on: February 03, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »

Haha, nice!
Amusing how despite these advances in detail, they still try to kill you whilst having a pleasant conversation. Some things never change. I kind of hope we have rude/untalkative folks in the future, so that I can play some easily-offended/proud type and all of a sudden have an actual excuse to inflict diabolical brutality upon them. :P

I just spent, I don't know, a ridiculous amount of time kicking an unconscious goblin around a room in DF adventure mode.
They were rather aerodynamic, but I had to remove most of their clothing because most of the flight-related injuries were being deflected by cloaks and tunics and trousers and such, which I thought was rather unsportsmanlike of 'em. Eventually they hit a wall with enough force to burst. I think I need a new goblin.
The jump command is pretty fun. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10430 on: February 03, 2016, 05:28:50 pm »

Had a little mutiny -- I would've expected it from one of the former were-hunters, but it was the ex-bandit Spearmistress. She brawled with the goblin while we were drunkenly singing and dancing, then when the Crossbowman jumped in, I knocked spear unconscious to keep them from roughing her up too badly. My journal noted that she actually attacked me, but I wrote it down to the swamp whiskey, let her have an hour nap, and we were fine afterward. But later on, she took unexpected offense to my treatment of a hostile rodent man, and came at me lethally. She shouldn't have been drunk at this time. But she kept on attacking after I reclaimed my spear from her and knocked the wind out of her, so crossbow dropped her with a silver bolt. 

Maybe she was the problem all along, the one everyone disliked. This wasn't the first time I found her fighting the others after drinking, and whenever I had them wait, the Poet would always draw her weapon and shield and keep them ready until I asked her to follow again. Now that she's gone, it takes a whole lot less to get everyone's morale up, which is particularly noticeable with the Poet, as it was taking over a day of performances before she would relax.

So now it's time to get a dwarf into the party, someone with a nice axe and hopefully a steel helm. I've only seen two on this entire continent so far, and I traded for both of them for myself and the Poet. There must be a third somewhere.

EDIT: Now I remember why I didn't recruit one last time I was here; none of the dwarves fit for adventuring are interesting.

"You look like a mighty warrior indeed!"
"Worldgen pulled me out its ass because a dwarf needed to be here!"

"You look like a mighty warrior indeed!"
"I'm a 198 year old ex-ranger scholar and prolific author with the toughness of paper mache and the endurance of a paper match. How I long for adventure!"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:34:50 pm by Uzu Bash »

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10431 on: February 04, 2016, 05:50:40 am »

Got killed by bandits after a LONG standoff. I Ran into two goblin spearmasters and it was nigh impossible for me to hit them. They just kept parrying or dodging some 200 attacks. All while their spears never penetrated my adamantine armor. Unfortunately a hammergoblin came along and broke one of my bones. How the hell does one kill weaponmasters nowdays? I liek to start playing as "hero" and i stood no chance even with adamantine gear.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10432 on: February 04, 2016, 07:28:37 am »

After spreading the word of my Titan kill and training to Legendary Thrower and Archer, I've decided I'm gonna take a tour of some of the Dwarven civs across the plains in order to steal borrow a good collection Steel weaponry to use as projectiles. On the way back, I swung by the Necro Tower to grab all of their stuff, and one of the Undead was very persistent. I tried everything, smashing/biting/scratching the head, smashing and pulping the limbs and grasps, breaking all of its joints... and it just refused to go down.

Thankfully Undead Humans/Gobs/etc are kind of a joke to high level Adventurers now, so it just devolved into me scooping all of the books and stuff into a bag while occasionally smacking a very bloody and maimed zombie across the room. I took my haul and tossed them into the local Volcano, books, Slab, Necromancer's bodies and all. I even sacrificed an Elf into it for good measure (funnily enough, I tried to punch him into it, but he dodged away from my fist... into the mouth of the volcano...)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 10:03:38 am by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10433 on: February 04, 2016, 09:03:51 am »

Got killed by bandits after a LONG standoff. I Ran into two goblin spearmasters and it was nigh impossible for me to hit them. They just kept parrying or dodging some 200 attacks. All while their spears never penetrated my adamantine armor. Unfortunately a hammergoblin came along and broke one of my bones. How the hell does one kill weaponmasters nowdays? I liek to start playing as "hero" and i stood no chance even with adamantine gear.
Kisat Dur.

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10434 on: February 04, 2016, 12:17:35 pm »

i dont got any trouble with weaponmasters(might have to be with my world being 140 year old) and im just a peasant; what you need to do it grind up your skills; i haven;t been hit by anything at all ever since my first bogeyman encounter... i think

anyway recently i farmed more bandit camps, then i killed a night creature terrorizing a town and another one east of there, then i went to some human hamlet that was underground an insurrection fueled by two nearby dark pits

I then attacked goblin ambush after goblin ambush for 2 or 3 days straight, until finally they stopped coming from one of the pits and as for the other one i later left and it stopped producing more or it just stopped producing more i dont remember which

after that I got bored and decided to topple a statue and become a vampire, since all of my combat attributes were probably capped, including intuition; I then slaughtered a bandit camp, roamed the wilderness in search of new things to do, and killed a few dragons and some bogeymen

then I got near some dark pits, which had a dark fortress nearby, and I decided why not go inside? its pretty laggy but I can make at least 1 action every 2 seconds, if not every second or so, and sometimes its faster(probably since i act faster at times)
I slaughtered so many goblins trolls and beak dogs that it isnt even funny
my current main weapon, my iron two-handed sword, is now at legendary+??? level, and has killed the (presumed) civ leader called "master", a bunch of goblins, 260 trolls, and 145 beak dogs in the dark fortress so far alone; often I had at least ten guys attacking me at once, and in a particular instance involving a maybe 10 tile long hallway filled to the brim with beak dogs, I had maybe 50+ attacking me at once; since my dodging skill is probably ridiculously high by now; I managed to only take two hits during all of my endeavor, one of which as a bruise and the other of which was deflected by armor, and now I'm looking for bigger fish to fry, but not quite HFS just yet... before I even attempt that I wanna have at least legendary miner and legendary pikedwarf skill

right now im next to a cliff that has a conga line of trolls and beak dogs going up the only pathway that goes to where I am; the entire pathway is a cliff! I'm slaughtering em all one by one as they come to me

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10435 on: February 04, 2016, 12:51:49 pm »

This Dancer is growing on me, I think it's time I paid her more respect than I have. She's gotten good at killing things with her bagpipes, so I let her have a serrated disk, and now she splashes blood with the best of them. I'm still looking for a Dwarven Bard who won't be too much of a load -- hopefully someone competent in swinging this nice new shiny steel axe I picked up -- but I'll keep the Dancer instead of replacing her.

Milk of lime, as the name suggests, is a liquid. So I only have to go through acquiring it once. All of my scrolls and quires had vanished from my cached gear last full moon, and they've been so scarce that I don't expect to see another until I reach the other side of the map. I got cheated! But skins and logs are renewable resources, so scribing the better poems I composed while learning my craft doesn't seem like such a waste anymore. I have even bound one good play; I'm now a masterful playwright, like a Bard should be!

EDIT: This dwarf is pissing 'em all off. I've seen him enrage the Dancer, of all people! Within a minute of joining the party I heard complaints about his arguing, and within 5 mins I heard them from everyone. The guy just will not stop talking about values, and more infuriatingly he doesn't even raise a counter-argument, he just rejects rejects rejects like a petulant 4-year-old. And if I do agree with him, he'll bring up another before I'm done talking! But my Persuasion is up to Adept, and if I can get it high enough I should be able to convert him over to everyone else's values. Then they'll only despise him for lecturing all the time.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:38:43 pm by Uzu Bash »

kingu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10436 on: February 05, 2016, 07:35:00 am »

Um... A night creature just grabbed my toe, charged me and collided with me. I LOST HOLD OF MY WOOL TROUSERS! And those were my base layer pants. I have leather pants AND greaves still on. Now he is beating me with my trousers.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10437 on: February 05, 2016, 09:27:58 am »

He must have grabbed your pants before, easy enough to do with Kisat Dur.

I've racked up about 12 named elf, 40 ditto elf, and half a dozen goblin bandit kills with a hammerdorf/kisat dur practitioner I've been running around with before finding any buff items. Just trundling along at 1.0 speed bashing skulls and occasionally sprinting up to an astounding 3.2 before starting to sweat and slowing back down to continue my trail of terror and gore.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10438 on: February 05, 2016, 10:17:33 am »

My quest to explore the world continues to reveal more issues with Kill Quests. If you don't have knowledge of a location or a person, that info is not given to you when you receive a kill quest. I've been able to sometimes get info by immediately asking the quest giver about a related entry under "Inquire about any troubles", but I'm not sure if it is a given yet.

Anyway, my journey took my to a large human city that seemed peaceful enough from the walk in, but that opinion changed after Night fell. I just happened to be walking down the street when I heard fighting coming from inside a house. I peek my head in, and behold a Night Creature beating a poor woman to death! I quickly dispose of the beast, and realize to my horror after checking the (T)ravel menu, that this town is infested with them! Previously I was angry that none of her neighbors had bothered to so much as check on the sounds of battle, but now I see that this entire civilization is living in terror of these Umbral horrors!

I kill two more of the beasts before sleeping the night away, and discover another one stalking the rooftops in broad daylight! "Enough is enough!" I shout, as I decide to find out the lair of these creatures. They are all Wives of Horrors, so their must be a source somewhere. I chase the scattering * on the map, but only end up finding the Lair of a Human (who turned out to be a Werecreature that had just attacked the town last night too! Holy crap does this place have a Beast problem!), so i return dejected to the town. I ask about Beasts in hope of finding any surrounding Lairs, but to no avail. apparently these people are more concerned about the Megabeasts all the way on the other side of the world instead of the terrors literally knocking on their doors  ::)

On my way South to kill a vampire, I end up encountering yet more Night Terror Wives, both of whom are being attacked upon discovery. One by a very terrified Impala (that surprisingly enough seemed to have messed up the beast pretty badly. Torn and bruised most of their organs and had disfigured nearly everything else on them), and an extremely aggressive Zombie Panther, that had practically finished the job before I caught up to them. This place is in need of some serious Beast purging it seems...

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10439 on: February 05, 2016, 12:05:02 pm »

Got the party through a titan fight without a scratch. Giant sauropod, beware it's sting, I managed to cripple it in the first round with an iron dagger and a bite to the feet -- I've got a quiver full of divine weapons here I still haven't used. Then I jumped on top of it, chewing on its tail, hacking at throat and chest, striking any limb that looked like it was aimed at a companion. It spent most of its attention and energy trying to break my hold on its tail. The Swordgoblin got the final blow on that, so there's a megakill for him. Scales, no skin, nothing to write a book on. But another titan is just around the range.
Pages: 1 ... 694 695 [696] 697 698 ... 1104