Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2103998 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10245 on: January 14, 2016, 02:41:31 am »

Okay, so either the world ceiling counts as a solid object, or air resistance exists whenever it feels like existing, but you may occasionally take damage from seemingly nothing while in flight. It's not necessarily 'instantly splatter', more like severe external bruising and internal organ mangling through full steel and leather damage. Good thing the heart isn't actually vital to survival.
Man, this game is weird when you actually say this stuff out loud.

You can also slam into the borders of the world hard enough to explode... if you heal yourself afterwards you can slam into it AGAIN.

There's a reason I didn't set the values for the launch velocities too high, I'd rather have to move it really far to go dangerously fast and be able to just hop up on a tree or building safely.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: January 14, 2016, 03:27:35 am »

How long is evil weather sickness supposed to last? I managed to take out a dark freak with this fever, but I doubt I'll be up for the Minotaur next door in this condition. So I've made the lair a cozy little burrow to R&R, practice performance and brew the first thing that grows out of the ground. I have more enough food to last more than a week, but my clothes will soon be crumbling and I'll be as naked as a Poet. The only clothes I took from the vault were chausses, which I hoarded because those are the only ones I'll find on this island. I'd like to finish off the Minotaur and author a few books before moving on.

Btw, furniture no longer remains in lairs except for tables, which still retain everything left on them. Bins, cabinets, bookshelves, beds, those all went away, unless they landed so high up in the trees that I can't see them. Workshops still remain, and the cauldron that only night freaks have.

EDIT: Nm, tables didn't work either, except for the one with all my booze on it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:29:27 am by Uzu Bash »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: January 14, 2016, 10:01:19 am »

It's not necessarily 'instantly splatter', more like severe external bruising and internal organ mangling through full steel and leather damage. Good thing the heart isn't actually vital to survival.
Man, this game is weird when you actually say this stuff out loud.

This explains the tears my dwarf has from the very beginning. It'd be nice if hair began to gray after all the duress. It's rough being a dwarf.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: January 14, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »

After 6 days, I still have a Slight Fever; it's not going away, but it's not getting any worse. It reduces my gait by half, impairs all attributes across the board (uncertain of the amount,) and appears to cap some skills at Adept, probably all of them (gm-editor isn't giving up easy information on this.) I've inspected every bit of my inventory for any traces of the sludge, but I found none. I made a little waterfall pool out of aquifer layers, and have brought along a bar of forgotten beast soap, so I should be squeaky clean.

I spun off a legends folder to update my histories and tried unretiring. I was placed in the middle of the fortress workshops as a werelizard, and bizarrely, the whole floor was occupied. I've never seen anyone in those workshops when exploring, but now everyone was there to obstruct my escape. My fever was gone, but I can't be sure whether it's because its duration expired, if it's automatically cured in retirement, or changing to wereform relieves it.

Since it isn't breaking soon, I hairpinned back to make a tour of the dwarven lands, get the poet some clothes and armor, and entertain with my excellent dancing and horrible singing and speaking. Eventually I'll reach the library to deposit my works and try to pick up something new. If the fever breaks by then, that would excellent -- I could fill out the rest of these quires. I don't have a form dedicated to my own goddess, and I've read in histories that sometimes new forms are granted after prayer or nightmares. Coincidentally mine is the goddess of nightmares, and I shall appeal to her to gift me with one.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: January 14, 2016, 04:18:57 pm »

I've been lashed in the right hand, proving that god has a sense of humor because I have no feeling in my left arm. I killed the bugger and moved on.

I forgot about the suit of heavy cloth clothes and it's too late now, but oh well. Also, I'm going to see if I can get myself a red cloak because I don't like being gray.

EDIT: I visited a goblin dark fortress for three reasons: to kill the master and lord, to free at least some of the children, and to do this:

But since it's so heavy, I think I'll make it a warhammer instead, since those are lighter. It will still be deadly.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 05:40:17 pm by TheFlame52 »

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10250 on: January 14, 2016, 06:29:03 pm »

Recently my adventures are being very boring...

All I do is gather some people and make goblin genocide, beasts are very hard to track down for me and I don't kill many of them.

Maybe if I install more mods the game will get better.

Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: January 14, 2016, 09:48:53 pm »

First Hillocks on the tour, I pulled out a day-long repertoire of dance forms that I either couldn't get enough people for, or I got so many that I could only take the lag for so long. For example I have a group form that can take up to 3 rows of 5, but if you get that many people then you got too many people! The inside of a Civic Mound is around the interior size of a Keep, a Castle Mound is almost double the size, but both of them have so little lag that it's a smoother and funner experience. Dance is one of the few thing I can still do excellently, though not as superhuman. My dance partner is starting to get there.

I thought next town I would totally bomb by only performing singing and speaking, both of which I'm pathetically impaired at right now. But when I tried to stop at the Civic Mound I was placed rather distantly from it. Books littered the ground as we approached, and at the mounds ahead exclamation points flitted rapidly, burning red. My Poet was decent with sword and board, and abruptly lethal with a divine shortsword in hand. She had acted as my protector in the evil underground, not that I needed it as much as she needed the experience. My max speed is barely over standard gait, but anything that comes in arm's reach of me will die a quick or humiliating death. Because she engaged any enemies offscreen, I could only deduce wtf happened after the gore had started soaking into the soil.

I think there was a goblin loyalty cascade. At one point the goblin sheriff was right beside me going No Quarter, but he sped off faster than I could reach for his foot. The Drinking Mound was filled with the bodies of goblin and dwarven bards, and more appeared every time I returned. The two elves there appear to have gotten a pass, though. Almost all of the dead were highly prolific writers, which explains all the books strewn about, and the stacks that I found on the bodies. So I got a lot of books to read, books that frankly need never be read.

After reading and discarding dozens of books, I proceeded to open my act in the Civic Mound. The survivors were so unenthusiastic that they didn't even bother heckling.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10252 on: January 15, 2016, 12:58:17 pm »

This is the longest time I've ever gone without becoming a vampire. Not for lack of trying, I just can't find any goddamn vampires! But my delay has paid off and for whatever reason I can sprint at 4.000 speed, a number I've never seen in an unmodified game. And I can still carry around 136 pounds of gear, most of which is 80 pounds of slade warhammer and 27 pounds of meat.

But I miss the other perks of vampirism. [NOPAIN] is very useful, though it seems I'm well on my way there as it is. [NOEXERT] is nice too, since it means I can sprint everywhere. All the other NOs are pretty useful too.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: January 15, 2016, 03:39:14 pm »

Just topple a statue?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: January 15, 2016, 03:52:17 pm »

After the massacre, the Poet wasn't feeling it, and neither was I. So we cut the gig short and went off to slay a dragon. That's still within my capabilities, and I held back to let the elf get a few more whacks in. Then I converted the lair into another bunker. Since furniture won't remain in dug out areas, I found a work-around for making a mist pool. Channel down into the aquifer and dig one direction, then dig two more channels perpendicular. Now the flow is running equally in opposite directions, so you won't be pushed off the tile in the center. That's a good place to dig a stairway down, so the water can flow there, too. You could also carve a ramp up opposite the original channel, so water flows in from two directions and down in two perpendicular directions.

After that we proceeded to Hillocks where our reception wasn't brought down by an abattoir atmosphere, and bombed on our own genuine effort. After heckling for a few songs, they all kept their distance, anxiously eyeing the horrible bards who refused to leave until we finished our set. Well, I've got to raise Singing and Musician somehow. The Poet still wasn't feeling it until I served her a mug of dwarven rum. Then she found everything enjoyable ("I feel good!")

This Fever doesn't have a duration on it, so it must be only treatable with convalescence in a hospital zone. Retirement still might cure it, but I'm positive taking wereform will. The Poet is surviving the Learned Sanctuary while I read and write, so she'll make the perfect test subject when the full moon comes. Because werelizards I was familiar with weren't hostile to me before, perhaps I can pass the curse onto her, and see if I can pacify her enough to get her to join again. People will forgive you for brawling with them after you transform back, but biting is considered a lethal attack. I expect this experiment will turn out horribly, perhaps tragically.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:57:12 pm by Uzu Bash »

Luizx_

• Bay Watcher
  • Totally normal person...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: January 16, 2016, 03:03:26 am »

Finally doing a instrumentist adventure for the first time. I begin raising my musical stats and gaining some reputation in the neighborhood.
After some time, I got a dancer in my band, she is not THAT good, but, ya know... Ras Blueforded was her name. We walked to a nearby town, like other towns that I passed through, nobody was living there. The warlord's place was pretty neat, it was composed solely by microcline, the floor, the walls, all! I told a poetry to the warlord, a serious one. He loved it, but Blueforded found very boring, she is so goofy.

We went to another town, this time the town was being attacked by goblins. I was affraid that Blueforded would not know how to fight properly, but she was pretty good, wowie! Her single injury was a bruised leg.
Shut up Mom! I'm trying to decapitate some goblins here!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: January 16, 2016, 03:37:08 am »

Decided to start up and new adventure and go on a killing spree. Disemboweled a house full of people.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #10257 on: January 16, 2016, 06:50:58 am »

Decided to start up and new adventure and go on a killing spree. Disemboweled a house full of people.
Doesn't everyone start their adventures this way?

*looks left*
*looks right*
No? J-just me?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: January 16, 2016, 10:39:22 am »

When the moon rose, I took off all her clothes and gave her The Moment -- the kind of moment that goes down in history. After I released teeth and gave her space for the metamorphosis, I came back to look for her, but couldn't find. The snow just a chaotic bunch of chicken tracks due to rodent men, dwarves and goblins fleeing and fighting, and there was nothing I could distinguish as elvish or lizard. But after I changed back, she was in the fortress again and willing to join me to entertain again. So the experiment isn't a failure yet, it just won't complete for another month, supposing she survives so long.

Taking wereform didn't cure the Fever, it just masks the symptoms. And I found that retirement doesn't remove it, either. The syndrome doesn't have a curse attached, so it's not saved to nemesis file. Now, I know where to find entire teams of doctors and I've read medical texts on every stage of treatment, and if they weren't just window-dressing this could have been over by now. I think I've suffered this disability long enough,  I went ahead and deleted the syndrome and edited the wound with gm-editor.

A werelizard's max crawl speed has enough forward momentum that I could stand and jump 5 tiles, and go back into a rapid crawl. Crawling improves stealth enough that I can pass dwarves on the central shaft ramp without them immediately noticing.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: January 16, 2016, 11:05:38 am »

Doesn't everyone start their adventures this way?

*looks left*
*looks right*
No? J-just me?

Well, um...
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1104