Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2103999 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10230 on: January 13, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »

The magma's not a bug; if you talk to the priest about it he'll describe pretty much what you see and what it means. People loading into areas with no entrance/exit paths is probably a known issue.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: January 13, 2016, 06:20:12 pm »

I discovered that some of the new temples are pretty metal. Most of them are just spirally structures upward around a water basin, but I've found one where the basin was filled with magma. When I started stonesense to take a picture, I also saw that there was a lady in an inaccesible sewer room, so maybe the site was a tad bit bugged.
I've seen magma in temples as far back as 0.34. You can also get salt water and stagnant water.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:23:08 pm by TheFlame52 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: January 13, 2016, 06:20:42 pm »

The magma happens from time to time, yeah.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: January 13, 2016, 06:23:30 pm »

The vault raid is going pretty well.

The Kisut's Hands are big galena humanoids, but a single slash from my masterwork steel long sword kills them. The Kisut's Warriors are bigger than me, which is unusual, but at least they aren't weapon masters. They're easy to kill. I haven't seen the archangel yet.

EDIT: The Treachery Bane looks like some kind of fusion between a minotaur and an iguana.

[RELIEF INTENSIFIES]

The fight was very difficult. I ended up with a gored arm, which shattered the bone but luckily also tore a sensory nerve and only a sensory nerve. The beast kept grabbing me and taking me down. At one point it threw me across the room by my helmet. It was great.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 06:56:33 pm by TheFlame52 »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: January 13, 2016, 07:10:37 pm »

Came down with fever. If it's from the beast, it's probably terminal, but their syndromes tend to have consistent symptoms. It's probably from the evil sludge. Funny thing is I was only in it for a couple ticks. When I came through the pits to the fortress, I didn't see any of this. On the way out, when I stepped outside to look at the sky, that's when it shat all over me.

I'm making my way underground through the rest of these evil lands. There should be a good chance of nethercap, which I want to make a shield of for no other reason than that it's cool (This pun was inevitable.) Also, I might finally see some evil underground monsters. This elf appears to be fully goblinized; she didn't bat an eye when I started hacking down trees in my path, or when I burned through a dozen bloodthorn logs to make her a masterwork shield, then abandoned the lesser works. I recited a poetic form intended to express an apology to nature, which I'm not very good at because I never use it. She diplomatically found it 'interesting'.

I discovered that some of the new temples are pretty metal. Most of them are just spirally structures upward around a water basin, but I've found one where the basin was filled with magma. When I started stonesense to take a picture, I also saw that there was a lady in an inaccesible sewer room, so maybe the site was a tad bit bugged.
I've seen magma in temples as far back as 0.34. You can also get salt water and stagnant water.
And sometimes just a pit of mud. "We commune with our god by squishing our toes in it."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: January 13, 2016, 07:20:51 pm »

Never seen a pit of mud, and I go to every temple in every town I visit. Then again, I've only ever seen two magma pits.

A Kisut's Hand smashed my, you guessed it, left foot. What do people have against my left foot? So of course I killed it and made a crutch out of its corpse. Bastard. Just because I can't feel it doesn't me I like it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: January 13, 2016, 07:51:44 pm »

Never seen a pit of mud, and I go to every temple in every town I visit. Then again, I've only ever seen two magma pits.
I didn't mean like 7 urists deep of it, just muddy ground. And a priest I spoke to said it was where they can feel the earth beneath their feet with their heads exposed to the sky through the open roof.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: January 13, 2016, 09:05:05 pm »

Guess what you get when a power-tripper finds out what DFHack's launch command does? This.
Mighty Boot Engaged.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: January 13, 2016, 09:12:55 pm »

I never thought to ask priests about the temple.

Guess what you get when a power-tripper finds out what DFHack's launch command does? This.
Mighty Boot Engaged.
You are welcome, you have Rumrusher and myself to thank, Rummydearest specifically added the pchew-away-you-go for others part.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 09:14:34 pm by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: January 13, 2016, 09:51:26 pm »

Yeah, asking priests about their structure gets more interesting answers than anywhere else. You might have to ask a few times before they tell you the meaning of it.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: January 13, 2016, 10:06:48 pm »

You are welcome, you have Rumrusher and myself to thank, Rummydearest specifically added the pchew-away-you-go for others part.
Indeed I do, you guys do great work. I wouldn't have half as much fun as I do without you guys. Thanks, all of you.

/Launch has turned clearing out a tower's zombies into something that's actually fun. It's no longer a matter of footslogging a short bearded terminator to the site and beating every otherwise excessively challenging zombie to death, now it's a matter of slapping them, using the command, and enjoying the results. With some extra planning, I probably could have pulled this off with a normal person. If nothing else, tricks like this would make assaulting towers with normals viable.
Edit: The Rattlesnake woman necromancer that called the tower home is now very, very dead. She tried to stop me, but when she pleaded with me I merely responded with, mind my French, "Fuck the police" and then tipped every statue in the tower.
I also destroyed all the books she had written over the course of 300 years, including the original necromancy slab, while she watched. I finished up with a mace blow to the lower body with enough force to gib her when she was /launched into the roof. Euphoria.

But power like this comes with a price. It's all too easy to accidentally launch yourself 50 levels below ground and instagib yourself. Miss a blow, fail to notice it among the combat text, and hit /launch assuming you connected, and you're going to have a bad time.
But yous guys have had a script to fix that too for about three years now, so it's all good. In fact, it makes a great party trick for the taverns.
"Hey kids, wanna see a dead body?" */launch after looking 100 levels down*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 10:45:29 pm by Blastbeard »
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: January 13, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »

Yup, wanna try something fun, mountainclimbing with launch. I just set it to a hotkey, since I use (v)iew instead of loo(k) I made shift+V launch.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: January 14, 2016, 12:17:12 am »

Yup, wanna try something fun, mountainclimbing with launch. I just set it to a hotkey, since I use (v)iew instead of loo(k) I made shift+V launch.

You wonderful maniacs have created a monster. A hilarious, useful, entertaining monster.
Launching has now supplanted fast travel, and rivers are no longer a speed bump. If your climbing is good enough and there are enough trees about, you can use launch to traverse crazy distances in no time at all. Aim as high up and as far in the direction you want to go, and off you go. As long as you manage to hang onto something before you touch the ground, your speed and presumably velocity goes from 'instantly splatter as soon as you touch something' to zero. I'd love to see a physics model for that.
Just pray there's a tree in your path to hang onto, and don't miss.
Now for some travel music.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 12:32:42 am by Blastbeard »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: January 14, 2016, 12:25:50 am »

I've crossed the map by editing my velocity in mid-air (need a gm-editor shortcut for that one) to stay up.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: January 14, 2016, 12:33:35 am »

Okay, so either the world ceiling counts as a solid object, or air resistance exists whenever it feels like existing, but you may occasionally take damage from seemingly nothing while in flight. It's not necessarily 'instantly splatter', more like severe external bruising and internal organ mangling through full steel and leather damage. Good thing the heart isn't actually vital to survival.
Man, this game is weird when you actually say this stuff out loud.

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 1104