Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2104075 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #10200 on: January 10, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »

I'm making my last performance in a tavern. Wispy joins in. She's very good, too bad we never found her a tapstren.

I banish her afterwards. So she doesn't get into any trouble when I'm gone.

you killed her.
you could have told her to wait in a fort site and retired in a castle/fortsite, and she totally will wait there until you need her again.
but instead you killed her.
banishing in dwarf fortress is basically the cackling kill switch on units so you bogeyman killed your demon wife,
now your adventurer is going to be alone in his/her older years and die alone.

god these stories really makes it hard for me to DO the slab demon quest. Robisoe pulled off great feats to save that demon, and the ending for Zotho is too sad.
Whispy: Hey. It is good to see you. Is it time to make music?
Jeha: Yes, Whispy, it's time to make music.
Whispy: Tell me about the fluffy wamblers, Jeha.
Whispy has vanished.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10201 on: January 10, 2016, 03:35:13 pm »

"Hey Urist... big dead elephant guy in this room over here, what should we do with it?"
'Stick it on a spear, Reg!'
They didn't finish building the roasting fire yet.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10202 on: January 10, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »

Reg cancels spit-roasting elephant man: uncontrollable urge to dance.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10203 on: January 10, 2016, 03:41:30 pm »

I'm making my last performance in a tavern. Wispy joins in. She's very good, too bad we never found her a tapstren.

I banish her afterwards. So she doesn't get into any trouble when I'm gone.

you killed her.
you could have told her to wait in a fort site and retired in a castle/fortsite, and she totally will wait there until you need her again.
but instead you killed her.
banishing in dwarf fortress is basically the cackling kill switch on units so you bogeyman killed your demon wife,
now your adventurer is going to be alone in his/her older years and die alone.

god these stories really makes it hard for me to DO the slab demon quest. Robisoe pulled off great feats to save that demon, and the ending for Zotho is too sad.
Whispy: Hey. It is good to see you. Is it time to make music?
Jeha: Yes, Whispy, it's time to make music.
Whispy: Tell me about the fluffy wamblers, Jeha.
Whispy has vanished.

I enjoyed the whole tale. Everyone added something, making it better.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10204 on: January 10, 2016, 03:55:06 pm »

Reg cancels spit-roasting elephant man: uncontrollable urge to dance.
spit-roasting an skeleton elephantman.
so moved in a snakeman for snakewoman to see if anything happens, couldn't find where they impaled the elephantman but they retrieved the corpse
barn scorpion adventurer moved from the fort to somewhere that allows him to eat meat.
and now I'm creating a world where mermaids have Civs, and worship DEATH , and PEACE at the same time.
loads of towers near the beach being the result of doing this.
hopefully this leads to water worlds or humorously cavein accidents from generating a house over water.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10205 on: January 10, 2016, 04:42:51 pm »

I think I met a double-agent vampire ghost. While passing through dark pits, I met a Goblin Swordmaster wearing some very nice gear, so I invited her to join. She immediately started slaughtering everyone, and kept saying, "We had to pull out of Rabblehells." 'We'? The goblin civ had to pull out over 6 decades ago, and her history shows she's been with the human civ since even longer. Also that she had fled here 10 years ago due to suspicion toward her after a murder, and operated as a mercenary since.

After picking through her victims' stuff, I decided to head out with her and see she behaves at the dark fortress just ahead. But whenever I left the area I met her, she vanished right behind me. The companions' indicator showed her back in the same direction, yet whenever I went to find her, she came from right behind me. Also, when I tried to walk over the spot she vanished from, something pushed me to the floor, and I couldn't stand because someone was there. After enough times of that, she eventually vanished for good. Was she ever there? I didn't get anything to remember her by, not even her human bone crown.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10206 on: January 10, 2016, 06:21:56 pm »

I think I met a double-agent vampire ghost. While passing through dark pits, I met a Goblin Swordmaster wearing some very nice gear, so I invited her to join. She immediately started slaughtering everyone, and kept saying, "We had to pull out of Rabblehells." 'We'? The goblin civ had to pull out over 6 decades ago, and her history shows she's been with the human civ since even longer. Also that she had fled here 10 years ago due to suspicion toward her after a murder, and operated as a mercenary since.

After picking through her victims' stuff, I decided to head out with her and see she behaves at the dark fortress just ahead. But whenever I left the area I met her, she vanished right behind me. The companions' indicator showed her back in the same direction, yet whenever I went to find her, she came from right behind me. Also, when I tried to walk over the spot she vanished from, something pushed me to the floor, and I couldn't stand because someone was there. After enough times of that, she eventually vanished for good. Was she ever there? I didn't get anything to remember her by, not even her human bone crown.
oh you too got TIPI'd. those companions tend to poof on ya. basically I think the game trying to load them in the map usually she would spawn some where miles away and if you move form that spot again she's gone.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10207 on: January 10, 2016, 07:30:30 pm »

omg, the central shaft of this fort goes straight into a magma shaft. Where the magma forges should've been, there was magma. And the first time you offload/reload site data for these sites, everything shuffles around. I was in the tavern telling stories about the fortress when I noticed a long list of mortal woundings at the bottom of it, around the same time I arrived.

I peeked down with df reveal and saw that dwarves had loaded down there in workshops that weren't flooded with magma until they opened the doors. Woops. Not just the forges, the shaft came up above the 3rd cavern layer and flooded another set of rooms that I couldn't even guess the purpose of now because nothing remains except molten bronze, a few iron weapons and bits of armor, and one terrified swordsgoblin huddled in a corner inexorably filling with smoke and lava.

Oh well, it doesn't look like any of them had steel.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:32:02 pm by Uzu Bash »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10208 on: January 10, 2016, 08:13:16 pm »

It could be worse.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10209 on: January 10, 2016, 09:26:26 pm »

There's only one other civilized cougarman in this world, a cougar woman. She was born in the year 44; this is the year 1050. First suspected ageless year: 105. Suspected. That was the same year she settled into an elven retreat, and has lived there ever since. Seems like it would be a pretty open secret by now. It may be impolite to discuss someone's age after you've talked to them every week for 900 years, but I think they're way past suspecting by now.

My character was born in 1019. Considering the life expectancy of 80 years, 31 is kind of late for a cougarman to begin adventuring, but not a bad year to stop aging (thanks to werecurse.) When she learned the secret, she was 61, but by then it's a better time to resolve to grow old gracefully.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10210 on: January 10, 2016, 09:42:03 pm »

So you could say that cougar is a real... cougar?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10211 on: January 10, 2016, 10:12:14 pm »

I got to tell the story of how I shot and killed a forgotten beast with a gold coin fired from a tower-cap blowgun. I didn't even see it until it was dead. I didn't even sense it until it moved to the door I came through, the only door out of the room. I had collected a bunch of darts from a rodent man tribe who attacked me at the cavern layer; I thought about kiting them with to serve as decoys, but they were too annoying and too fragile. So I fired those off and missed most, then threw my only sharpened stone and missed. Threw my dagger and winged it (literally, I hit its wing) then threw my steel pick and missed. Out of weapons, but plenty of coin, so I kept throwing those
"The spinning Pesor Samspi Uci Nasnokguki gold coin strikes The Forgotten Beast in the body, bruising the muscle and bruising the brain!
Forgotten Beast has been shot and killed."

And to follow that up I told the story of the masterful meal I prepared on the site. I wish I could've specified forgotten beast roast, but they could probably connect the dots.

So you could say that cougar is a real... cougar?
Perhaps. But if she likes elves enough to hang around them for 900+ years, then she probably likes 'em prettier.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 01:00:41 am by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10212 on: January 11, 2016, 01:40:13 am »

okay so I finally got the bogeyman conversion interaction to work.
but it comes with a price of realizing anyone you reanimate won't know how to speak even if you swap them over to a race that knows how.
good news is bogeymen still will dance with you even if their converted to spiders.
okay so it's really that reanimate brings back a fresh new soul who isn't tied to any race or civ which robs them the access to Communicate and trade.
while giving them the abililty to say dance and perform as performing is an Fort mode AI check than a adventure mode check
which means you can't make zombies put on clothes as they don't have the brains to do so or the brains to communicate even though you mod those in.
leading to Tower zombies who some how start out with armor alot more stronger than the zombies you make.

all this because I wanted to dress up a bogeyman who got turn into a spider person.
so uhh 42.xx interactions got nerfed a bit in the modding aspect for adventure mode.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10213 on: January 11, 2016, 10:42:52 am »

Got a whole library all to myself, blissfully lag free. Well, almost all to myself, but the sages and scholars started killing each other in short order. So much chaos it was impossible to tell them apart from the rodentmen who were also killing them. And the forgotten beast -- did I forget to mention that? Yeah, their city was destroyed, but that wasn't enough to keep them from coming to the library and fighting to the death over philosophies and principles.

They were hurting that forgotten beast, too. I ran into it when I went down a hatch and was suddenly sharing its tile. I drew weapons and struck at the head, forgetting that I still had my crutch in hand. And in one shot, I now have a forgotten beast's name and brains on it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10214 on: January 11, 2016, 03:46:56 pm »

Me and some bandits are trying to kill a zombie ogress in a town. It isn't working very well. Everyone is dead, even the axelord captain. I'm running away while the ogress beats up a crossbowman.
Pages: 1 ... 679 680 [681] 682 683 ... 1104