Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modding in Civ's  (Read 1677 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Modding in Civ's
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 11:49:28 am »

I don't see anything wrong with those raws. When you said that they didn't show up with equipment in Adventure mode, was it just you or did none of these cultist dwarves have weapons?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
  • Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 02:01:09 pm »

the entire race has no weapons
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 04:01:34 pm »

You have them set to ADVENTURE_TIER 3, which is the same as dwarves. Try putting that at 4 or 5. I don't think that's your problem, but it could be.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 06:20:18 pm »

nope, that hasn't worked
And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2010, 02:32:42 am »

SIEGER is missing an end bracket in the civ entry.  Can't imagine why that would cause anything though.

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2010, 04:49:02 am »

I've figured it out.

it seems that I had forgot to capitalise the "c" of [CAN_LEARN]

i guess this either meant that noone could learn to use weapons behind the scenes, so they didn't, or that smiths couldn't learn their art, and so didn't make anything.

Either way things seem to be fixed now, though thanks for noticing the sieger thing, that would've been annoying to miss >_>

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2010, 01:57:51 pm »

That...   Makes no sense.  I'm almost positively certain that there have been lower-case letters in tags before, with no problems arising from it.  They're just written in allcaps to make them easier to read and distinguish.

Besides, [CAN_LEARN] has nothing to do with equipping items, it just relates to whether or not a creature can gain skills in something.  This is why you never see elite wolf wrestlers or deer hunters.  And smithing doesn't even enter into worldgen item creation.

Waaait a minute...   I think there may be one way that it could prevent them from getting weapons...

Since they couldn't gain skill levels, they would never change their profession beyond perhaps "peasant (if they even had that distinction).  Without some level of military skill, they wouldn't be classified as soldiers and thus would not be assigned appropriate weapons.  It's a bit of a stretch, but it may just be possible.

Did you fix both tags at the same time?  Also, does your errorlog.txt show anything?

Vayre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 02:12:50 pm »

Not sure about the errorlog thing, but I think it was the [CAN_LEARN] tag, I didn't really notice it but now I think back, they only had recruits and peasants. SO they probably had noone to make armour/weapons and noone who could equip them.

Actually it definitely was the [CAN_LEARN] tag because between a not working code and a working example that's all that was changed.

FAKEEDIT: The only thing about cultists in the errorlog was this

Quote from: errorlog.txt
loop path fail: <invalid goal> Cultist,335,178,15 -> 345,177,15: Id #74260:Path Goal Seek Station:Station Mill Anywhere at 52,298,15

Does that mean anything to anyone?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 02:23:39 pm »

No, that shows up every now and then.  Nothing to worry about.

Also, don't look for entries pertaining to cultists, look for complaints about unknown tags and the like.  The generic error messages are the ones to look out for.

And like I said, smithing has nothing to do with making equipment.  Worldgen will automatically equip everyone with items spawned out of thin air.  Nobody makes them.  The only reason they didn't have equipment is because they didn't fill the requirements to be assigned weapons and armor.

It's like creating an adventurer.  If you make an adventurer with no weapon skills, he will only start with a few clothes.  If you give him "swordsdwarf" level of skill, then he'll start with a race-appropriate sword, shield, and suit of armor.  That's the only thing that determines who gets what.  It's not that the smiths just ignored him, or that he couldn't wield a sword, it's just that he needed to have a profession name of "swordsdwarf" before he could be assigned that equipment.

Kobolds don't even have blacksmiths, and yet they end up with metal items.  Item creation has nothing to do with CAN_LEARN.
Pages: 1 [2]