Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First Siege  (Read 778 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
First Siege
« on: March 17, 2010, 11:48:18 pm »

So I just had my first siege, and it was by some Frost Giants..... nine total actually.... not fun.

My two legendary +5 wrestler/level 2 swordsmen were set up near my entrance... I hadn't gotten any traps or ballista defenses yet, but they were decked out in steel armor and weapons. Right before the frost giants get there, one of them leaves to go get a drink  :-\. My remaining champion fought valiantly, and killed two giants before dieing. He also maimed four of them to the point of them passing out and not being able to do anything because of lack of arms. Right before the evil giants got to my actual fort, I had JUST gotten a lever hooked up that closed of the entrance. I closed it off, and waited. A caravan arrived, and I drafted ALL my dwarves into the military and stationed them as far off as I could. I opened the entrance, and let the caravan deal with the remaining three giants (seven? I don't really know if the kills they got from the passed out giants should count....). Somehow my remaining champion joined in the fray and managed to get a kill. I am going to build a shrine to the champion that died, because even though he only managed two kills, he did disable four of them and bought time for the lever to be set up and pulled. The worst moment from him is probably when the five wrestlers and three spear men were dog piled on him beating the shit out of him, yet he somehow kept from being injured for a good 20-30 seconds before he lost his shield hand, and then he got owned.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 12:07:19 am by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: First Siege
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 05:00:01 am »

NOT FUN? NOT FUN? WHAT THE **** WAS THAT YOU ELF?

you havn't gone far yet , wait until you get OVER 9000 goblins ramming your fortress down
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 05:05:54 am by Ze Spy »