Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Do you find yourself spoiled by the new version already?  (Read 4910 times)

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you find yourself spoiled by the new version already?
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2010, 05:38:42 pm »

wall of text

That's all well and good, but:
1. I'm past the point of just playing. Now I need to set goals and if I accomplish them, I win. If I don't, I lose. If you think spending dozens of hours on a megaproject that will fail in the most boring way possible, then we play rather differently. And no, requeuing the dye silk cloth assignment is not what I call fun either.
2. I only have a limited amount of DF spunk in me. It's capped at about 3 weeks' worth and refills fully every 6 months. I'd rather conserve my spunk for the hotter version.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

Talith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you find yourself spoiled by the new version already?
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2010, 08:44:39 am »

wall of text

That's all well and good, but:
1. I'm past the point of just playing. Now I need to set goals and if I accomplish them, I win. If I don't, I lose. If you think spending dozens of hours on a megaproject that will fail in the most boring way possible, then we play rather differently. And no, requeuing the dye silk cloth assignment is not what I call fun either.
2. I only have a limited amount of DF spunk in me. It's capped at about 3 weeks' worth and refills fully every 6 months. I'd rather conserve my spunk for the hotter version.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]